Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

12 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

man city need to sign like 3 new fullbacks, a cb & gk.

this is probably an unpopular opinion, but walkers more reliant on his physical attributes than technical ability.

at barca and bayern pep had alves & lahm to rely on. walker's end product isn't as consistent & pep's system requires consistency in the final third imo.

Same with mendy(Monaco LB). Both very quick and physical but not great technically. 

Silva is a great signing can't wait to see him in pl. Just need to sort defence out now and the keeper situation. Peps had enough going to be splashing the cash think this window will be insane can easily see Utd and city spending over 500m combined.

Ranieri might have rightfully turned them down and decided to retire now.

Would've thought the Palace job would've been more attractive - strong fanbase, perhaps better calibre of players in the squad etc.

• Like 1

Great news for Arsenal fans! Their slow painful death has been extended for another two years. Wenger now needs to finish the job and finish outside the top 10 completely.

https://www.eyefootball.com/news/32725/Arsene-Wenger--year-extension.html?referer=null

Edited by Paddy.

Silva's actually a decent manager though whereas Mazzarri and Flores are quite average. Watford's problems are more structural though, their re ruitment is too scattergun and there's a huge turnover everyear. If they give Silva enough autonomy then he'll do a good job but if it's more of the same then they won't break out of this cycle.

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

Great news for Arsenal fans! Their slow painful death has been extended for another two years. Wenger now needs to finish the job and finish outside the top 10 completely.

https://www.eyefootball.com/news/32725/Arsene-Wenger--year-extension.html?referer=null

Yay. Another 2 years of tedious Wenger/Arsenal talk. Can't wait til February when we all diagnose Arsenal's problems for the 10th year running.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Good work - to get Silva in quickly let's hope he earns the trust of the players and is able to turn us into a well discliplined fit team..

That would be a start!

Agent " I have got you a new job"

Silva " Ok where is it and what's the targets"

Agent " It's Watford and all you have to do is win the prem. Oh and get Troy Deeney fit"

Silva " Winning the Prem is doable. But getting Deeney fit what sort of tw@ are you"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Good work - to get Silva in quickly let's hope he earns the trust of the players and is able to turn us into a well discliplined fit team..

That would be a start!

Great coup for your club. He's a great manager already, but if he manages to sort your situation out and improve Watford as a side in the way he did for Hull, he'll have really solidified his credentials for me.

Edited by CloudFox

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Agent " It's Watford and all you have to do is win the prem. Oh and get Troy Deeney fit"

Silva " Winning the Prem is doable. But getting Deeney fit what sort of tw@ are you"

Agent " To last more than a season as coach"

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Super_horns said:

That would be a start!

Going to be interesting to see the manager with his 'mendes stable' targets and the owners with their own locking horns !! 

I expect watford to comfortably survive now. 

22 hours ago, Koke said:

Yay. Another 2 years of tedious Wenger/Arsenal talk. Can't wait til February when we all diagnose Arsenal's problems for the 10th year running.

All the talk is annoying but he's still doing a decent job. 

In the last 4 seasons he's won 3 trophies same as Man City same as Chelsea 

Arsenal also have the 2nd best average league position finish in the last four seasons 

I also see his new 2y contract isn't going to be the same as his current one and he will have let's say less "sway" in the transfer market. The paper noted it to be less pressure for him but synical me read it as them having less trust in him. 

Im just happy he isn't coming here. Now that would have been scarey.