Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Arsenal were absolutely brilliant and their fans should ask where has that performance been all season. Sanchez clearly handled the ball and of course Ramsay was interfering in play by just being in that position but they still deserved to win and Moses was a complete idiot with that dive

29 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Yes.

You give Wenger the transfer budget of Man City and he'd walk the league.

Thinking about it now - top-6 manager, a big budget on-hand available for him; who would probably spend all received but their team still plays average?

The 'worst' for this, perhaps, could actually be Mourinho?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

7 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Yes.

You give Wenger the transfer budget of Man City and he'd walk the league.

lol 

They spent £94m last season and £101m in 14/15

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

The guy who owns them is worth €38 Billion, it's pocket change to him.

That may be - it's still an astronomical sum for a goalkeeper. Highest transfer fee in more than 15 years, Gianluigi Buffon has been the most expensive one so far (Parma to Juve in 2001).

Just now, AmarteyAndChill said:

It's all relative though. 

All relatively expensive and leading to an ever-increasing danger of an imploding transfer market, yes.

The transfer fees in today's climate simply do not reflect the market value and/or the player's talent any longer. It's outrageous. A bit like a cattle market. How much will Ederson cost in three, four years' time? £90m?

4 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

If Man City want to splash that kind of cash, so be it. Saves Kasper from them.

I personally don't think Kasper has been a target for city or utd. More like paper talk shite. He was once at city and his old man at utd 2+2 to me.

• Like 1

Fond memories on the pitch at Huddersfield when we won the Championship, really warm day I remember. Can't wait to go back again next season. Much happier they've came up compared to Reading, they have to be the most boring side I've ever watched. 

• Like 2

Well done to Huddersfield- they deserved that, Reading didn't do enough. Gutted for Liam Moore though, he was distraught after that pen.

All credit to Wagner, what a job he's done there. Incredible.