Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

5 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

Calling racists unevolved is a little pathetic, inaccurate and frankly disappointing. It puts you very much in the target box you’re firing at. No need for cheap insults or denegration of their intelligence. This sort of belittling and subhumanising is what happened to oh, say, the Jews. 

Just because you don’t like their point of view does not mean you should start down the slide to moral oblivion.  Debate them, engage them, show them they are wrong. Never dismiss them as irrelevant. They are just as relevant as you or I.  Failure to engage on a level playing field is where the danger lies. 

Racista are unevolved as no one evolved would hold such absurdly pathetic views.

2 hours ago, Donut said:

Racista are unevolved as no one evolved would hold such absurdly pathetic views.

I’m not sure you read my post. If you did I’m not sure you understood it. It is important to understand the point being made. Simply saying they are unevolved is as unhelpful as the views they hold. It is also a slippery slope, morally. If you can dismiss and belittle whole groups of people as you are doing, where does it lead?

they are unevolved in your opinion - so should we then just exterminate them?  After all, they’re not like us are they?

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

I’m not sure you read my post. If you did I’m not sure you understood it. It is important to understand the point being made. Simply saying they are unevolved is as unhelpful as the views they hold. It is also a slippery slope, morally. If you can dismiss and belittle whole groups of people as you are doing, where does it lead?

they are unevolved in your opinion - so should we then just exterminate them?  After all, they’re not like us are they?

For the record, I said racist opinions are unevolved. I respect that you care enough to make a critique, so won't attack you, but I cannot agree with your extrapolations, or trying to paint me to be as bad as racists - that just fuels apologists and excuses more hatred. 

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

For the record, I said racist opinions are unevolved. I respect that you care enough to make a critique, so won't attack you, but I cannot agree with your extrapolations, or trying to paint me to be as bad as racists - that just fuels apologists and excuses more hatred. 

Attack away if you wish to. Your intimation was clear - racists are unevolved.  Apologists do not engage racists regarding their views. As I clearly said, they need to be engaged on a level playing field. 

‘It was racists I was calling unevolved’ - direct quote from you. Not ambiguous. 

I would like you to explain why you don’t agree with my extrapolations?  Sure it is exaggerated, but the slide can be gradual and the destination just as damned. 

Sometimes mate you just just hold your hands up because you were wrong. Funny thing is I am just as opposed to racism as you. I find it just as abhorrent. However I personally have no desire to underestimate those who hold such views - these views pervade our entire society. 

8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Attack away if you wish to. Your intimation was clear - racists are unevolved.  Apologists do not engage racists regarding their views. As I clearly said, they need to be engaged on a level playing field. 

‘It was racists I was calling unevolved’ - direct quote from you. Not ambiguous. 

I would like you to explain why you don’t agree with my extrapolations?  Sure it is exaggerated, but the slide can be gradual and the destination just as damned. 

Sometimes mate you just just hold your hands up because you were wrong. Funny thing is I am just as opposed to racism as you. I find it just as abhorrent. However I personally have no desire to underestimate those who hold such views - these views pervade our entire society. 

I do not underestimate them - their views have pervaded our politics a massive amount, I agree - that doesn't mean I ought not to hold hatred in utter contempt for fear of offending racists. However, to hold racist views is to refuse to really think or engage - reactionaries aren't known for listening. Holding foul views does rather tip the level playing field you imagine, so the responsibility for a lack of level playing field resides with the racist, not with me.

Yes, you quote me, in between jobs, trying to clarify in a rush. I was simply trying to point out it WASN'T SyloFox I was calling unevolved,

You're right, sometimes we are wrong - who the heck are you to try and insist it isn't you? Unless you're just trying to shut me up of course.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

I do not underestimate them - their views have pervaded our politics a massive amount, I agree - that doesn't mean I ought not to hold hatred in utter contempt for fear of offending racists. However, to hold racist views is to refuse to really think or engage - reactionaries aren't known for listening. Holding foul views does rather tip the level playing field you imagine, so the responsibility for a lack of level playing field resides with the racist, not with me.

Yes, you quote me, in between jobs, trying to clarify in a rush. I was simply trying to point out it WASN'T SyloFox I was calling unevolved,

You're right, sometimes we are wrong - who the heck are you to try and insist it isn't you? Unless you're just trying to shut me up of course.

Why would I try to shut you up?

You are angry and made a mistake. Try not to hate - you know where that leads. 

As I said, we are totally on the same side in this. We must, however, avoid these petty pitfalls. 

5 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Why would I try to shut you up?

You are angry and made a mistake. Try not to hate - you know where that leads. 

As I said, we are totally on the same side in this. We must, however, avoid these petty pitfalls. 

Please don't patronise me - you're making plenty of mistakes here too. Good night.

Interesting.

It’ll have nothing on our training camp trips!

•Fireman Stan.

•Wise v Davidson, Taggart and Elliott.

•Half the team arrested falsely accused of rape.

•Orgies.

Anything else?

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sylofox said:

lollollol 72% and still can't win. Did they learn nothing. FFS please someone send Poch a 15/16 LCFC season DVD. No points in this game for keeping the ball lollollol 

It's silly how people think possession should automatically mean you should win ? Arsenal fans used to moan about it all the time, now they realise they are just shite ??