Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Is anyone watching Huddersfield vs Utd? Think VAR got mata's offside wrong there. 

They're saying it's gone to review and their technology wasn't working properly and he's given the offside with wonkey lines. Surely the point of VAR goes out the window if he's just making random calls without the evidence? 

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Is anyone watching Huddersfield vs Utd? Think VAR got mata's offside wrong there. 

They're saying it's gone to review and their technology wasn't working properly and he's given the offside with wonkey lines. Surely the point of VAR goes out the window if he's just making random calls without the evidence? 

Level, so goal should've stood, but to be fair Huddersfield haven't been getting any 50/50 decisions 

and would like Huddersfield to win ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Yeah! Very controversial.

Apparently they are now saying there wasn't wobbly lines on the VAR, only on the bit we saw.

5 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Shambles. Took ages to arrive at the wrong decision. 

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Yeah! Very controversial.

Apparently they are now saying there wasn't wobbly lines on the VAR, only on the bit we saw.

It seems as though they 'fixed it' to make the decision but it was a wrong decision. I'm not sure I buy that to be honest. Think they've winged it. 

So shambolic VAR decisions are actually good if theyre against teams you dont like?

Glad man utd got a second. If huddersfield had equalised someone from man utd could have legitamately chinned the VAR for all i care.

2 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

They've shifted the lines so much on that decision and the point where Ashley young makes contact to the ball. Just to try and prove they were right. It's no where near ready yet. 

I am totally against VAR and the point about the pass leading to any offside decision is also crucial,

we are talking split second decisions here about a knee, foot whatever being in an offside position,

but at what point does the passers involvement become crucial? Point of contact with the ball or when the ball leaves his foot??

distance between the two players also plays a part

split seconds where a linesman couldn't possibly be able to tell

Just now, knowf***all said:

I am totally against VAR and the point about the pass leading to any offside decision is also crucial,

we are talking split second decisions here about a knee, foot whatever being in an offside position,

but at what point does the passers involvement become crucial? Point of contact with the ball or when the ball leaves his foot??

distance between the two players also plays a part

split seconds where a linesman couldn't possibly be able to tell

That's the thing, They showed different moments for when they said VAR was wrong to when they desperately tried to say no it was right an hour later. 

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

That's the thing, They showed different moments for when they said VAR was wrong to when they desperately tried to say no it was right an hour later. 

Sack it off altogether in my opinion

interrupts the flow too much and it's a sport for the supporters who have made the effort to turn up at the game....not the fee paying "supporters " who have made the effort to turn on the TV 

yes, we'll get incorrect decisions, but it's a human sport

Keep goal line technology though ?

1 hour ago, Paddy. said:

So Gareth Barry is going to be done for twoc-ing a taxi and presumably for drink driving too. It's always the quiet ones innit? 

tbf if i was his id have done that. go out with a bang. 

two options, finish bottom of the worst prem season ever with probably the most boring side of all time and then retire, or get pissed up in barca with the chaps, steal a taxi and get sacked? 

hell yeh the last one 

On 17/02/2018 at 18:33, Countryfox said:

Savage is such an irritating tw@t ....  

He goes on & on about how ‘football is a game of opinions’, then if someone’s opinion differs from his he shouts them down or talks over them. I’m baffled as to how he gets work as a pundit/ broadcaster. 

• Like 2