Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

If you were a Southampton fan, you would proper hate Liverpool.

I mean, I don’t really like them (because every glory hunter in the playground when I was at school an aeon ago was a “Liverpool fan”), but if you were a Southamton fan, they’ve spent half a decade ripping the heart out of your club and now they are undeservedly spanking you on telly.

I’m surprised one of the Southampton fans hasn’t snapped and kneecapped Karius or something...

57 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Is it just me in doom monger post thrashing self pity, or are we absolutely 100% still in danger. Someone said above about teams getting wins out of nowhere, and now we're just nine points from the bottom three.

Of course we could win the next three and I'll be told to calm the heck down, but if we continue like we did against Everton and Swansea, I'd get uncomfortable...

But we've got so many teams between us. They can't all win and make ground. In the next set of games, Bournemouth play Newcastle, Brighton have Swansea, Watford v Everton.

I'm usually very pessimistic and we shouldn't ignore the relegation battle completely but we've got enough to survive with comfort. Last season was more precarious and we finished 10 points above 18th. Some of the teams have horrible run-ins too.

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Is it just me in doom monger post thrashing self pity, or are we absolutely 100% still in danger. Someone said above about teams getting wins out of nowhere, and now we're just nine points from the bottom three.

Of course we could win the next three and I'll be told to calm the heck down, but if we continue like we did against Everton and Swansea, I'd get uncomfortable...

Calm down mate, we don't even need to win another game- 3 draws would do. 

2 hours ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I said this on another thread and some questioned it. But the teams behind are gathering momentum and points, and starting to concertina up on us. We need two wins in the next few games to just breathe more easily.

Well, we have Man City and Mahrez to thank for at least 5 of the last 9 available points we've thrown away. There's no supposition about that in my mind and you and I would'nt be even worrying about getting the 6 or 7 points we now need to ensure safety. Instead, we'd be no doubt looking towards that outside chance of European football and FA Cup glory... I just think we are much better than the bottom half but recent events have blurred the lines between us and them so to speak..

I know there's no point in crying over spilt milk, but it's the principle of the thing that irks me. Had City not cynically made that last minute bid for Mahrez, we'd very possibly have beaten Everton and Swansea and be sitting just 4 points behind Arsenal.Then these teams behind us would be, WELL behind us.

• Like 1

I said this on another thread and some questioned it. But the teams behind are gathering momentum and points, and starting to concertina up on us. We need two wins in the next few games to just breathe more easily.

absolutely no chance we get dragged back into it. there’s 10 teams involved, there’s zero chance they all miraculously find form, and even less chance when you consider its impossible for them all to find form because most of them play each other every week. we will finish 7-10th even if most of our players completely gave up now. 

• Like 2

Klopp is trolling the Southampton fans. He's either started or brought on every ex Southampton player even if there appears to be no need. He might as well send Rickie Lambert on to do a lap of honour at the end as well.

People are questioning it because its a stupid suggestion. There are 10 teams between us and the relegation zone - half the league won't all find form and overtake us, not least given they'll all play each other. We're not going down, not making top six. Its midtable and try and win the cup this season

11 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I really do think Mourinho steals a fookin living these days. About a billion pounds....and he still can't set a team up to beat Newcastle.

Man City are light years ahead.

I know what you mean but it's not really only Mourinho, is it?

Van Gaal and Moyes spent quite a bit, albeit some difference less, and got fired by Man Utd.

For some reason, I think Mourinho appears to have lost a bit of passion for the game.

After seeing Pogba, in particular due to his transfer fee, he looks very average indeed for what he's on. N'Didi, actually, perhaps dies more in general in games than him imo.

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

People are questioning it because its a stupid suggestion. There are 10 teams between us and the relegation zone - half the league won't all find form and overtake us, not least given they'll all play each other. We're not going down, not making top six. Its midtable and try and win the cup this season

Ok Doc, it's stupid according to you. Let's hope you're right. 

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I'm still nowhere near panicking to be honest. If we don't pick some points up in our next few though, I think you've got to worry a little. I still think we're 2, maybe 3 wins from safety and we've got as kind a run in as they come.

Our biggest issue is we've stopped being effective. Drawing that Swansea game was criminal, really.

3 hours ago, whetstonefox said:

I’m not worried about relegation this season, I’m more worried we’ll hit 40 points and switch off like WBA did last season and now look at them! Of course if we reach the cup final that’s different!

It happens to so many teams. I really don’t want it to happen to us too. It happened to us last year after we exited the Champions League. 

We can make 7th spot our own this year!