Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

really important we take 3 points next week against Bournemouth given that Everton play Burnley next week too. I think a draw in that game would be most beneficial should we get 3 points ourselves. You'd expect Watford to beat West Brom at home, as well. Not to mention that if we do beat Bournemouth it's more of a gap between us and them. 

And it'd just be good to finally beat them in this division ffs. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

really important we take 3 points next week against Bournemouth given that Everton play Burnley next week too. I think a draw in that game would be most beneficial should we get 3 points ourselves. You'd expect Watford to beat West Brom at home, as well. Not to mention that if we do beat Bournemouth it's more of a gap between us and them. 

And it'd just be good to finally beat them in this division ffs. 

Funnily enough i had us down for 4 points from Stoke and Bournemouth games. And even though we have a crappy record against them in recent times, am more confident the Bournemouth game was the one we would take the 3 points from.  

4 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Funnily enough i had us down for 4 points from Stoke and Bournemouth games. And even though we have a crappy record against them in recent times, am more confident the Bournemouth game was the one we would take the 3 points from.  

you'd think the game next week would be a bit more open than Stoke. Can't imagine Bournemouth will stick 11 men behind the ball. They're not that kind of side. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KFS said:

So who do we want to win the EFL cup for 7th permutations?

In answer to your question I don't know what the right answer would be, i'm thinking Arsenal? :dunno:

However regardless of the right answer to your question and I don't usually say this or want it to happen very often but Arsenal!

Just so that Man City can go from 'Could they win all 4 competitions?' to 'They can only win 2 competitions' within the space of a week.

Not to mention their sore loser fans and the fact they are buying their success more than any club before them, If they only win the PL can you imagine the money they're gonna spend in the summer!!

Also it'd be quite funny to see the meltdown from Arsenal fans of winning something again - A few Arsenal fans I know (Admitedly they're armchairs fans) don't want Arsenal to win things so Wenger get's pushed out. They're a weird bunch Arsenal fans.

Edited by Matt

I don't think it's worthy of a thread of its own but I could see Appleton becoming West Brom's next manager, most likely in the Championship now. He was at their ground for Football Focus a few weeks ago and has been a coach there, I just got a vibe that day that it's a good fit all round (though debatably not for us to lose him).

They seem better on paper than on grass but I have FA sympathy with the Sturridge situation, putting all your eggs in that broken basket and then bemoaning bad luck. Sturridge hampered by injury and not available for a clear run of games? Never! Really? Strike me down, I'm stunned, "Sick note" Sturridge, the guy who misses games through a wrist injury after a signing session - no never! 

Maybe their problem after years of making themselves hard to beat was to become a little more open and ambitious and now they're neither one thing or the other, a confused DNA with no USP.

25 minutes ago, Matt said:

In answer to your question I don't know what the right answer would be, i'm thinking Arsenal? :dunno:

However regardless of the right answer to your question and I don't usually say this or want it to happen very often but Arsenal!

Just so that Man City can go from 'Could they win all 4 competitions?' to 'They can only win 2 competitions' within the space of a week.

Not to mention their sore loser fans and the fact they are buying their success more than any club before them, If they only win the PL can you imagine the money they're gonna spend in the summer!!

Also it'd be quite funny to see the meltdown from Arsenal fans of winning something again - A few Arsenal fans I know (Admitedly they're armchairs fans) don't want Arsenal to win things so Wenger get's pushed out. They're a weird bunch Arsenal fans.

ironically this is what Arsenal have been like in the past before they get knocked out of all competitions they're involved in lol. They'll lose in the CL knockouts (usually against Bayern), wouldn't be in the League Cup, lose key games in the title race and get knocked out of the FA Cup (before they won 3 in 4 years obviously). I enjoyed it mainly because of their fans and they're overrating of their team.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Harry Kane is an incredible player. No matter how much you dislike him, can't fault his quality.

I wonder where Spurs would be without him.

Incredible striker, not an incredible player, has much more to add to his game to be considered that.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1