Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

21 minutes ago, sylofox said:

As I do lol cvnts.

I seem to hate a lot more teams now than I didnt use to mind or care about 

didnt use to mind spurs ... fvcking hate them now for obvious reasons 15/16

similar for arsenal because of that changing room photo

have always hated Liverpool ....YAWN 

hate stoke coz of the relegation to league one thing 

Man Utd coz everyone does

everton ..... boring

burnley coz of dyche , never seems to mention anything other than money

newcastle coz their fans boo as soon as they concede a goal

palace coz they nicked our flags

West Ham coz they got a near enough free ground

.....apart from that , not too fussed about the others till we play them ?

Edited by knowf***all
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, knowf***all said:

everton ..... boring

You sound like me. A few weeks ago my son asked me if i hated every club apart from Leicester, i said pretty much.

8 hours ago, knowf***all said:

everton ..... boring

My hate for spuds go back to the FA cup semi. Next the pigs (smash the fvckers Friday) then the obvious 3 when they catch up again. Then its whoever we play on the day. That's the double hate for all the above.

Oh an arse fan I know says I hate spuds as much as any arse fan he knows lollol 

• Like 1

I swear some people are into football as an excuse to hate everyone else. I recall going to a game in the early 80s, and I observed one guy taking absolutely no notice of what was going on on the pitch, apart from to give it the jungle bunny noises should a black player get the ball. I often wonder how many people of that era still attend, and what they did with their highly unevolved attitudes....

Edited by HighPeakFox
superfluous k
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I swear some people are into football as an excuse to hate everyone else. I recall going to a game in the earlky 80s, and I observed one guy taking absolutely no notice of what was going on on the pitch, apart from to give it the jungle bunny noises should a black player get the ball. I often wonder how many people of that era still attend, and what they did with their highly unevolved attitudes....

I'd rather my highly unevolved attitude.

Better than being a namby pamby peace loving happy clapper.

But you may find one word would have explained it better.

PASSION 

Edited by sylofox

58 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I'd rather my highly unevolved attitude.

Better than being a namby pamby peace loving happy clapper.

But you may find one word would have explained it better.

PASSION 

Sorry, just checking, are you putting racist chanting and abuse under the term 'passion'?

Because it kind of looks like you are.  I need to know :sweating:

Or joking maybe?  Please?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Sorry, just checking, are you putting racist chanting and abuse under the term 'passion'?

Because it kind of looks like you are.  I need to know :sweating:

Or joking maybe?  Please?

No I do not condone racism in any form. I fvcking hate spuds but hate the Y word shouting gas and the sssssssssssss. No of its funny.

My original point was more about the insult for having a different view to someone else. Just hating another team does not make you some form of sub species.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, sylofox said:

No I do not condone racism in any form. I fvcking hate spuds but hate the Y word shouting gas and the sssssssssssss. No of its funny.

My original point was more about the insult for having a different view to someone else. Just hating another team does not make you some form of sub species.

Fair dooz.  I  agree: Hating spuds does not make someone a form of sub-species.  Supporting them definitely does though

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, sylofox said:

The only person attempting insults here is you. Hatred is hatred, and objecting to it is normal. Trying to cloak it in passion is pathetic, and just to translate for you, what you call 'namby pamby tree hugging hippy'  (you've clearly not met me) is actually 'not being a bit of a c**t'. 

Incredible that you got triggered by what I posted, since it wasn't attributed to you, and it was racists I was calling unevolved. Speaks volumes, mind you. 

13 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Something not quite right listening to Americans commentating on football. 

I used to think that but the "British" commentators of today are the pits. I tend to choose American channels over the British ones.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

I used to think that but the "British" commentators of today are the pits. I tend to choose American channels over the British ones.

I agree there are not many Brit commentators that talk sence. But  I just find the American accent and comments on football weird. I watched I think it was fox1 last night and in the end I had to mute the sound. 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I Just dont understand,the need to hate in Sport.

Admire,respect dislike, frustrating,laughable, wishing on Lack of success.yes.

I even cant hate People who hate, I Just find it funny...but funny-strange.

If you hate then IMO, you cant Like the Sport and appreciate all the variants and

Characteristics,that those Individual skills and emotions,the Sport brings.

Hate doesnt belong in Sport...

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I Just dont understand,the need to hate in Sport.

Admire,respect dislike, frustrating,laughable, wishing on Lack of success.yes.

I even cant hate People who hate, I Just find it funny...but funny-strange.

If you hate then IMO, you cant Like the Sport and appreciate all the variants and

Characteristics,that those Individual skills and emotions,the Sport brings.

Hate doesnt belong in Sport...

Hate is a bit of an odd word in this context . What is being described is tribalism . I enjoy being a member of the LC tribe and detest THFC as a club and deeply hope everything they are involved in goes " Spursy" but don't hate anyone 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

The only person attempting insults here is you. Hatred is hatred, and objecting to it is normal. Trying to cloak it in passion is pathetic, and just to translate for you, what you call 'namby pamby tree hugging hippy'  (you've clearly not met me) is actually 'not being a bit of a c**t'. 

Incredible that you got triggered by what I posted, since it wasn't attributed to you, and it was racists I was calling unevolved. Speaks volumes, mind you. 

Calling racists unevolved is a little pathetic, inaccurate and frankly disappointing. It puts you very much in the target box you’re firing at. No need for cheap insults or denegration of their intelligence. This sort of belittling and subhumanising is what happened to oh, say, the Jews. 

Just because you don’t like their point of view does not mean you should start down the slide to moral oblivion.  Debate them, engage them, show them they are wrong. Never dismiss them as irrelevant. They are just as relevant as you or I.  Failure to engage on a level playing field is where the danger lies. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Failure to engage on a level playing field is where the danger lies. 

But as I was saying in another thread a 1970's playing field is so different to a 2010's playing field.

Just now, FIF said:

But as I was saying in another thread a 1970's playing field is so different to a 2010's playing field.

Yes they are. We’ve moved forward. They are flatter and greener now. Hence why we should engage upon them rather than become entrenched - 1970’s pitches hey. 

• Haha 1