Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

2 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Arsenal are pathetic and it all stems from their delusional manager

Spineless team of overpaid clowns. No pride, no guts, no envy, no courage. Wenger's last year at Arsenal.

Edited by ZeGuy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Arsenal are pathetic and it all stems from their delusional manager

“And people will say we are looking for excuses but these are facts” 

no Jack they are definitely opinions not facts 

I can’t find anything written but Talksport claiming a 2 week break in the middle of Feb from the season after next is to be announced.

Apparently it’ll mean a round of FA Cup fixtures being played mid midweek.

On the face of it I personally can’t see what a break is gonna solve, all it’ll mean is a build up of fixtures, we’re struggling to fit fixtures in as it is without a break.

Its not gonna happen but pointless international breaks need to stop, that’s be radical and free spaces up to spread games out, that is the only was a mid season break can be justified, otherwise I just don’t see the point.

Edited by Matt

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I can’t find anything written but Talksport claiming a 2 week break in the middle of Feb from the season after next is to be announced.

Apparently it’ll mean a round of FA Cup fixtures being played mid midweek.

On the face of it I personally can’t see what a break is gonna solve, all it’ll mean is a build up of fixtures, we’re struggling to fit fixtures in as it is without a break.

Its not gonna happen but pointless international breaks need to stop, that’s be radical and free spaces up to spread games out, that is the only was a mid season break can be justified, otherwise I just don’t see the point.

It’s a two week break but there will still be football played 

it will be in February

the fixtures will be staggered so 5 fixtures will be played 1 weekend the other 5 the next weekend 

the FA cup 5th round will move to a midweek slot with no replays 

it means clubs will have a 13 day break 

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It’s a two week break but there will still be football played 

it will be in February

the fixtures will be staggered so 5 fixtures will be played 1 weekend the other 5 the next weekend 

the FA cup 5th round will move to a midweek slot with no replays 

it means clubs will have a 13 day break 

On the face of it, it seems a decent idea. 

What it does to help the fixture pile up in Dec/Jan and the increase in muscle injuries as a result, I don’t know.

The whole point ( I thought) was to reduce the amount of games during this period.

id be up for a break to be taken after Boxing Day, because as much as I love that fixture, I fvcking hate the game on hangover day (new year).

1 hour ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Continuing to whine looks like it’s finally worked, another ridiculous idea, the pitches are great, the squads are huge especially in the top tier, there is no need for a break at all.

I agree players are not going to be getting a rest anyway as clubs will be doing the warmer weather training abroad on the week off and teams playing the 2nd weekend will have to be back in training the week leading up to the game 

if this is what they are saying to make the national team better then why don’t we end the season 2 weeks earlier let the players have 2 weeks completely away from football 

It's a fine idea to me but why is it at the expense of the cup being devalued? It means the likely scenario of 'reserves' being used in the fifth round. 

You use a PL matchday and put in August/September (better weather and when players need match sharpness) - maybe the week when the first round of League Cup is played. Job Done. 

3 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Continuing to whine looks like it’s finally worked, another ridiculous idea, the pitches are great, the squads are huge especially in the top tier, there is no need for a break at all.

Couldn't agree more. Personally I'd shift all international friendlies out of the season and into the early summer. Then they could have that time off. Hard to think fit young sportsmen can't cope with playing football.

• Like 1

Newly-announced Premier League fixtures live on Sky Sports:

Saturday, April 7: Man City v Man Utd (5.30pm)* KO 1730

Sunday, April 8: Everton v Liverpool (2.15pm)*

Sunday, April 8: Chelsea v West Ham (4.30pm)*

Monday, April 9: Arsenal v Southampton (8pm)

Saturday, April 14: Southampton v Chelsea (12.30pm)

Saturday, April 14: Spurs v Man City (7.45pm)

Sunday, April 15: Newcastle v Arsenal (1.30pm)

Sunday, April 15: Man Utd v West Brom (4pm)

Monday, April 16: West Ham Utd v Stoke (8pm)

Friday, April 20: Brighton v Tottenham (8pm)**

Sunday, April 22: West Brom v Liverpool (2.15pm)*

Sunday, April 22: Man City v Swansea (4.30pm)***

Monday, April 23: Arsenal v West Ham Utd (8pm)****

Saturday, April 28: Liverpool v Stoke (12.30pm)*

Sunday, April 29: West Ham v Man City (2.15pm)*

Sunday, April 29: Man Utd v Arsenal (4.30pm)*

Monday, April 30: Spurs v Watford (8pm)*

* Subject to movement due to Champions League

** Subject to movement due to FA Cup

*** Subject to movement due to Champions League and FA Cup

**** Subject to movement due to Europa League

The day and time I don't really agree with is Monday at 20:00.

Most will probably be finishing at around 17:00 etc and also be leaving the house earlier for work the next day..

Shows that supporters don't really come first, in this instance.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

8 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Just clicked on actually - Saturday 21st could be moved - us or Southampton in a semi-final moves that game. 

Arsenal likely to be 17th April judging from Europa League schedule. 

Didn't think of that one. You'd imagine one of us gets through as well.

3 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Surprised to be honest they didn't pick Newcastle if any of our games. 

I was worried they'd move Palace away or Burnley away and totally ruin good away days.

Edited by Fox92

10 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

But England national team are shit. This will magically fix everything overnight.  

Not sure if there is an fa cup thread anywhere but the spurs game sounds crazy with all the var decisions in the first half. Would love Rochdale to go through but no doubt Kane and Ali will come on at some point and ruin the game by scoring 

12 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Not sure if there is an fa cup thread anywhere but the spurs game sounds crazy with all the var decisions in the first half. Would love Rochdale to go through but no doubt Kane and Ali will come on at some point and ruin the game by scoring 

I think llorente has sealed it to be honest. 

If spurs get to the final they have an unfair advantage. It's not a neutral ground it's their home stadium. 

10 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I think llorente has sealed it to be honest. 

If spurs get to the final they have an unfair advantage. It's not a neutral ground it's their home stadium. 

I Should have waited a few more minutes before posting that ?. Shame they scored so quick after half time

• Like 1