Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UPinCarolina

Premier League, 2017-2018 Season Thread

Could Sane be a potential future Ballon D'or winner? An athlete who is fast and strong, yet also technically composed and who can think and make the right decision. Great player.

I guess KDB is Man City's best player, certainly against us in all of the games we played against them, but Sane is damn good too.

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

Could Sane be a potential future Ballon D'or winner? An athlete who is fast and strong, yet also technically composed and who can think and make the right decision. Great player.

I guess KDB is Man City's best player, certainly against us in all of the games we played against them, but Sane is damn good too.

Without a doubt!

He’s 22.... frightening 

2 hours ago, Craig said:

It's because English sides prioritise competitions based on money.

Premier League survival, and even placing, is worth a lot more than any other competition. Qualify for Europa League and it's seen as an inconvenience and a potential hinderance to survival in the PL - as the Burnley fan has demonstrated.

What are a club like Burnley (and us too, to be fair) actually playing for if they don't have ambitions of Europe? Survival year on year? Fun.

It's same with the FA Cup and League Cup. Do well in them with your first XI and you might finish a couple of places lower. 

There's a massive disconnect between the priorities of clubs and the priorities of their fans.

Competition and ambition is screwed at the top level here.

In a nutshell why I just can't bring myself to see any good in the ridiculous level of TV money in the English game. It's weakened other competitions for the improvement of the Premier League, without the latter actually happening.

The Premier League is swallowing football.

11 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Can actually see either us or Burnley pipping Arsenal to their current position.

We can't even pip a Burnley side that haven't won in nearly 3 months to 7th. Arsenal will finish 6th by default. They're awful but so is everyone else.

75% of this league is absolutely garbage. I know it doesn't fit the rhetoric but surely this league isn't collectively stronger than it was when we won the league.

I can't believe how much the standard of this league has nosedived.

Sane is absolutely quality. I’ve said for a while that he will be the world’s best soon. Give him two more years under Pep and he will be there.

And where do you start with David Silva? His first touch for his goal tonight was unbelievable! And whenever he doesn’t play, it seems like City lack something. Since he’s been in the Premier League, he’s always seemed to go about his business professionally as well - no moaning, no acting like a **** off the pitch. Top guy.

1 hour ago, VinceNoir said:

Sane is absolutely quality. I’ve said for a while that he will be the world’s best soon. Give him two more years under Pep and he will be there.

And where do you start with David Silva? His first touch for his goal tonight was unbelievable! And whenever he doesn’t play, it seems like City lack something. Since he’s been in the Premier League, he’s always seemed to go about his business professionally as well - no moaning, no acting like a **** off the pitch. Top guy.

100% my favourite player from another side.

Add to that the fact he and his wife have spent the last four months dealing with the severely premature birth of his baby, it’s incredible he’s even anywhere near the squad.

That’s why he’s not been playing so much recently but he said even the games when he felt he wanted to be anywhere else but a football pitch he still wanted to at least be In the squad to not let his team down!