Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Ranieri 'Ready to return to management'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4426496/Claudio-Ranieri-says-ready-return-management.html

Claudio Ranieri has opened the door to Premier League job offers by declaring himself 'ready' for a return to management in England.

Leicester City's title-winning manager was sacked by the Foxes in February and has taken a break in the following months.

Now, though, Ranieri is ready for a comeback — and has welcomed potential interest from Leicester's Premier League rivals. 

'I'm ready (to go back into management),' Ranieri said on BT Sport.

Pushed on whether he would consider interest from English clubs, the Italian coach added: 'Why not? Where there is a good project I am ready.'

Ranieri is back in England after taking some time abroad and has recently completed media work with Sky Sports as well as BT.

The 65-year-old has been linked with succeeding countryman Walter Mazzarri at Watford but the Hornets still currently plan to stick with their boss next season.

Ranieri previously managed Chelsea in the Premier League but has experienced a nomadic career which has taken in the likes of Monaco, Inter Milan, Roma, Juventus, Valencia and Atletico Madrid as well as the Greek national team.

He watched Leicester lose out in the Champions League quarter-finals on Tuesday night at the hands of Atletico Madrid and sympathised with his former players for being 'unlucky' in their exit. 'Leicester were unlucky because when (Jamie) Vardy scored the goal they created another two great chances to score,' Ranieri said.

'The first 30 minutes of second half was amazing. But the experience of Atletico’s players is higher.

'It was a good emotion but I was so pleased to watch the players do what I taught them. It was important to see them continue to play in the same way.'

I don't think anyone could wish Claudio anything but the best of luck. Yes, he was shit this season but he led us to our greatest ever achievement and that should be what he's remembered for.

That said, this is cheeky as **** lol 

'The first 30 minutes of second half was amazing. But the experience of Atletico’s players is higher. 'It was a good emotion but I was so pleased to watch the players do what I taught them. It was important to see them continue to play in the same way.'

Being linked to about a million different jobs, most of which still have managers lol 

Saw a Sevilla fan say he'd take Ranieri if Sampaoli left!

Most PL clubs fans are saying they won't take him, but I'd like to see him fight a proper PL relegation battle (without resigning in the middle of it :whistle:) just to see what would happen, and probably shut up people who are still going on about snakes etc

Its hard to believe he will ever manage in England again as most people think he got lucky inheriting a close knit squad on great form and when he put his stamp on it it started to go wrong! No big club in England would go for him and neither would any relegation candidates I think

2 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

'It was a good emotion but I was so pleased to watch the players do what I taught them. It was important to see them continue to play in the same way.'

What a pathetic man, the stones in that comment is astounding. Playing 'his way' would mean sitting back even when we needed three goals.

Just now, foxy boxing said:

Its hard to believe he will ever manage in England again as most people think he got lucky inheriting a close knit squad on great form and when he put his stamp on it it started to go wrong! No big club in England would go for him and neither would any relegation candidates I think

It's interesting how an alternative narrative is emerging among some non-Leicester fans where Shakespeare was the mastermind behind everything and Claudio was a mere media-friendly puppet! We know that narrative's going too far the other way, but I still like it better than the players backstabbing betrayal narrative.

The more I hear from about Ranieri and the way he's playing the hard luck story to all the media,

the more I see/hear the trolls saying they all hate us now as we are a little horrible club,

the more I see of what Shakespeare has achieved in such a short space of time and the players are playing with freedom again,

......the more I'm glad CR is gone.

3 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Was trying to imagine what Claudio would have done yesterday at 1-0 down. I love the guy but it could have been embarrassing

He would have brought on Musa and Gray for Albrighton and Okazaki, I think? Seems to be his preferred options when chasing games

20 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Arrogant deluded old fool. Actually hope he fails in another job so people stop worshipping the ground he walks on

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Wow, there's some total c unts in here.

I would rather they supported someone else.

Yes it was the right decision but wow.Respect should be made to anyone connected to the team for last year.

Never blocked anyone before but I'm close.

Archived