Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Who do you want Summer 2017

9 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Why not both 

3 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

Good shouts! If Mahrez leaves, would love both of them here!

Only problem is they're both centre players n neither can really play out wide. I think we need a wide man along the lines of Zaha or Balasie to replace Mahrez. My personal choice would be Gabigol.

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Only problem is they're both centre players n neither can really play out wide. I think we need a wide man along the lines of Zaha or Balasie to replace Mahrez. My personal choice would be Gabigol.

I thought Calhanoglu played on the left sometimes for Leverkusen? Before his suspension of course. Gabigol is a striker though ain't he? Good shout though.

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Have we given up signing another right back? Apart from that the back line seems fairly decent.

Providing Barnes gets int the first team and can play in central midfield it's him and Drinky as creative midfielders with King as a backup. Then it's Ndidi and Mendy as defensive midfielders.

If Mahrez leaves we then have Albrighton, Gray or Musa on the wings.

Shinji's still essential unless we change our tactics and strengthen our weakness when teams go through the centre of the park, and we have Vardy and Slimani. And maybe Musa if he comes good this season.

Definitely a right back. A creative midfielder unless Barnes comes good. A defensive midfielder unless Mendy comes good. A winger to replace Mahrez.

Amartey is good enough to be a back up defensive midfielder in our squad. Waste of money recruiting for a new one. We do need a creative midfielder though.... Silva is the answer imo. 

Barnes needs a year in the championship before we even say whether he's ready for the first team or not yet. Too much of a gamble & too much responsibility to put on a young lads shoulders, then that's where they usually start to fade away. Be patient with the young lads, exactly like how we have been with Chilwell.

6 minutes ago, Grantham Fox said:

I thought Calhanoglu played on the left sometimes for Leverkusen? Before his suspension of course. Gabigol is a striker though ain't he? Good shout though.

I'm not 100% sure about Calhanoglu to be honest. & Gabigol can play upfront but is best at right wing.

Also another name to put out there. We was once interested in Luan. He's still at Gremio.

27 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Playing long balls to Vardy is different to playing cute passes in between the lines etc. Drinky is an honest box to box midfielder. 

Fair enough. I still have high hopes for Barnes though!

23 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Amartey is good enough to be a back up defensive midfielder in our squad. Waste of money recruiting for a new one. We do need a creative midfielder though.... Silva is the answer imo. 

Barnes needs a year in the championship before we even say whether he's ready for the first team or not yet. Too much of a gamble & too much responsibility to put on a young lads shoulders, then that's where they usually start to fade away. Be patient with the young lads, exactly like how we have been with Chilwell.

I had completely forgotten about Amartey. I'm still not convinced. I've not seen a game where I've been impressed yet. He is young though. I'd prefer him as a backup centre half or right back. Wouldn't mind Silva as a defensive midfielder.

A defensive midfielder. A creative midfielder. And a winger to replace Mahrez. Doubt we're getting four this pre-season though. Five if we don't see Amartey as a good backup right back.

44 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Have we given up signing another right back? Apart from that the back line seems fairly decent.

Providing Barnes gets int the first team and can play in central midfield it's him and Drinky as creative midfielders with King as a backup. Then it's Ndidi and Mendy as defensive midfielders.

If Mahrez leaves we then have Albrighton, Gray or Musa on the wings.

Shinji's still essential unless we change our tactics and strengthen our weakness when teams go through the centre of the park, and we have Vardy and Slimani. And maybe Musa if he comes good this season.

Definitely a right back. A creative midfielder unless Barnes comes good. A defensive midfielder unless Mendy comes good. A winger to replace Mahrez.

If we start the season with ndidi, drinky, barnes and king as our only centre mids then we will be in a relegation battle

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

If we start the season with ndidi, drinky, barnes and king as our only centre mids then we will be in a relegation battle

We've also got Mendy who we've not seen enough of to really judge. But I agree.

3 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Fair enough. I still have high hopes for Barnes though!

I had completely forgotten about Amartey. I'm still not convinced. I've not seen a game where I've been impressed yet. He is young though. I'd prefer him as a backup centre half or right back. Wouldn't mind Silva as a defensive midfielder.

A defensive midfielder. A creative midfielder. And a winger to replace Mahrez. Doubt we're getting four this pre-season though. Five if we don't see Amartey as a good backup right back.

1 centre back

1 right back

1 centre mid

1 centre attacking mid

1 winger to replace Mahrez if he leaves

1 striker

5 needed maybe 6 if Mahrez leaves. If we're serious about competing at the top again then this is what we need.

Just now, Foxxed said:

We've also got Mendy who we've not seen enough of to really judge. But I agree.

Ndidi is class, hopefully Drinky will have a good season as its normally 1 good season then 1 bad for him. Barnes has alot of potential  but don't think we can rely on him regularly as hes still very young. King just isn't really good enough anymore. Mendy we've not seen enough of to judge like you said. And then there is matty James. Would be great if we could get him back to the player he was before injury but not sure if he will ever fulfil his potential after being out for so long. Still pretty young though so he may have a chance

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

1 centre back

1 right back

1 centre mid

1 centre attacking mid

1 striker

5 needed maybe 6 if Mahrez leaves. If we're serious about competing at the top again then this is what we need.

Spot on

5 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

1 centre back

1 right back

1 centre mid

1 centre attacking mid

1 striker

Think that's about it.

1 minute ago, General Smuts said:

With them tumbling down their respective pecking orders I'd love us to be in for Chris Smalling and Ross Barkley.and to throw money at Ajax for Kenny Tete. Those 3 would be spectacular business.

:revenge:

3 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

With them tumbling down their respective pecking orders I'd love us to be in for Chris Smalling and Ross Barkley.and to throw money at Ajax for Kenny Tete. Those 3 would be spectacular business.

Ross Barkely isn't running his contract down at Everton to join Leicester city. I guess he thought a top 4 club would have come in for him. 

15 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Ross Barkely isn't running his contract down at Everton to join Leicester city. I guess he thought a top 4 club would have come in for him. 

I agree but his stock is lower than it should be right now. He looked a world beater only a year or so ago. Having bought Klaasen and still chasing Sigurdsson - Everton have clearly put a for sale sign on his head. Realistically he isn't getting in any of the teams ahead of Everton his best option's are Southampton/West Ham/Us - mid table teams with eye's up the table.

Archived