Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

on current form

unless we buy top class replacements things will end up the same way.And by top class I mean good quality not super expensive players.we need a centre back , a right back, and two very good midfielders, and a good front man. sell mendy,musa, ulloa and if mahraz wants out sell him too.   

1 hour ago, bpfox said:

unless we buy top class replacements things will end up the same way.And by top class I mean good quality not super expensive players.we need a centre back , a right back, and two very good midfielders, and a good front man. sell mendy,musa, ulloa and if mahraz wants out sell him too.   

Totally agreed. Time doesn't stand still in football. We need to improve the squad and that means paying out for players.

9 hours ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I've not heard any of the pundits say Chelsea are winning it because all of the so called top 4 are shit this season yet.

We won the league with 81 points. Chelsea already have 81 points and on course to finish with 93 points.

Spurs finished last season with 70 points. They got 77 now with 4 games left to play.

The league is definitely harder to win this season.

41 minutes ago, Koke said:

We won the league with 81 points. Chelsea already have 81 points and on course to finish with 93 points.

Spurs finished last season with 70 points. They got 77 now with 4 games left to play.

True, but if that was the case last season the failure of other clubs would still have been highlighted, again arse, man city, and man u have failed to mount any threat to the title and again it's one team looking comfortable and another chasing in vain.

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

True, but if that was the case last season the failure of other clubs would still have been highlighted, again arse, man city, and man u have failed to mount any threat to the title and again it's one team looking comfortable and another chasing in vain.

Exactly. If anything, I'd say the standard of the big clubs are lower this season (Chelsea aside)

Spurs- strong, and pushing Chelsea like they did to us

Liverpool- probably better than last season, but still can't put the weaker teams away

Man City- they were challenging last season until they announced Pep, hopelessly inconsistent this time around. I'd say they're weaker

Man United- tough to beat, but can't stop drawing games. Not exactly a million miles from where they were last season

Arsenal- they've got much weaker than they were last year

If Chelsea won it last season, nobody would be saying anything about the big clubs being weak. People just wanted to either put us down or offer a simple explanation as to why we managed to win it.

As for the point totals this season being higher, you can't pay too much attention to that, there have been some genuinely dreadful teams in the league this season- Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Swansea, Hull until Silva, us between Nov & Feb, Palace until Feb. There's some very average teams occupying the midtable places also.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

If it was harder to win then the two teams at the top would have less points, not more.

A lower overall points tally of the top six just shows a lack of dominance and the presence of competitiveness.

It's astonishing that Liverpool can realistically finish third - they are so flakey and inconsistent and have rarely been impressive when I've watched them (apart from when we played them at Anfield of course)

56 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Not quite sure why Ranieri is still getting the blame?  :unsure:

players underperforming was the main reason we were shitty earlier in the season

Because a lot of the problems were also caused by his tactics and strategy - getting us to play more defensively, not pressing etc., that completely threw us off our game...

8 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Because a lot of the problems were also caused by his tactics and strategy - getting us to play more defensively, not pressing etc., that completely threw us off our game...

I understand some of that, granted the blame should be shared around. But on here Ranieri seems to have been singled out as the only person responsible? Really?  :unsure:

not convinced personally, whatever tactics Ranieri wanted to play it was clear the players didn't play for him. Shame on all concerned for me. Can't see how anyone can just scapegoat Ranieri and think that's acceptable? :unsure:

just my thoughts  

anyway onwards and upwards hopefully. :D

On 01/05/2017 at 07:48, GaelicFox said:

There is too much pressure and expectation building on Shaky 

id be delighted with two good cup runs and 10th place 

stability for next season

And signings that work !

then kick on 

I pity Shaky if he ever suffers a genuinely bad run with all the agenderists on here clearly hoping he cocks up and gives them  further excuse to call for their so-called "big name".

It'd serve us right if he just stuck two fingers up and left us to the kind of mess Ranieri heaped upon us with his "I know best" stupidity.

Could we ever have had a better example of "Big Name" misjudgement? Yet some of our fans show no signs of learning or ever being convinced?         

6 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I understand some of that, granted the blame should be shared around. But on here Ranieri seems to have been singled out as the only person responsible? Really?  :unsure:

not convinced personally, whatever tactics Ranieri wanted to play it was clear the players didn't play for him. Shame on all concerned for me. Can't see how anyone can just scapegoat Ranieri and think that's acceptable? :unsure:

just my thoughts  

anyway onwards and upwards hopefully. :D

What is the single only thing that has left the club? What affect did this have on results? That should prevent your 'scapegoat' argument. 

Just now, foxhateram said:

What is the single only thing that has left the club? What affect did this have on results? That should prevent your 'scapegoat' argument. 

Huh? The players have started putting some effort in since he left. To blame it all on Ranners (granted he deserves his fair share of the blame) is nonsensical 

To be fair to Ranieri, the first third of this season was horrifically unlucky with the midfielder injury crisis and the Kasper injury crisis. Even then, we still managed to grind out some semi decent results and the occasional win to hover around 14th. It was what he did during the middle third of the season that was disastrous. Due to us limping along for a while, he made so many changes trying to fix the unfixable that he lost the plot and completely forgot how to revert back when said players returned from injury. (Obviously dismantling the backroom staff didn't help either)

Basically what I'm trying to say is that if we were to lose Drinky, Ndidi and Kasper right now to injury, even under Shakey I'm not sure we would be doing much better than our early season form....

10 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I think it's more proof that the quality in the Premiership has been really poor this season.

I disagree, with all these type of opinions..

Just because top teams seem to  be struggling doesnt mean the league itself is poorer for it.

The bottom rafters, have improved in quality and skills.Even better  coached..

Bottom clubs are no longer walk-overs, or guarranteed points.

Foreign coaches even after a few years experience find it hard to understand, what the PL is all about.

Football itself has changed in defence awareness, and how to close down, with fitter players.

Backlines, are no longer static.either RBs or LBs can cover across  that back line.

More not all, WBacks or equivilant, can defend with better awareness.

More skilled players, and fitter players in the lower teams.

What I have noticed in the last 3 max 4 seasons, top teams even with Higher  quality Reserves/subs,

Run out of steam after Febuary. The lack of a winter break is more telling than ever.

One reason why an early high injury crisis, worked out for Arsenal over previous years, they got their real top players

back in March...This year their squad was not so heavily hit.Their fast attacks with mental strength have petered out.

Mainly though, the avg and lower teams, have upped their skills and base.

On fans forums, the dislike of other teams, pushes the nonsense   negatives  forward.Everybody elses team is rubbish.

I believe this season, only Sunderland have been, play/game wise poor over the season.

The next real bad TEAM seen over the season has been ourselves, we have had in my mind the worse abysmal turgid displays,

than any other. 

I cant be bias nor blinkered, so much that I fail to see other teams good points.

Mborough, Swansea, Hull, Especially Burnley I have seen games where they should of picked up more points and played

well. I cant remember that many good games from city, my god as champions in Comparison even our games before That January

in our great escape season were better than the muck we has been serving up  before this Febuary.With a couple of exceptions.

We are not the best league, but still the most competitive,

the suprises are not few because when they come its not unexpected.

Does a having a top competitive league, mean its only good when the Top 2-4 always walk it.

So when Arsenal and Manutd struggle, For top 4 and Lvpool cant find decent rythme its a poor quality league??

No I am not having it...Money at the moment, will mainly tip the scales, but occasionally, hopefully more often

in the future, the Spurs and Leicester stories hold more of their own, with even  more teams knocking on the door.

That said..I enjoy seeing top Wclass  players, coming , wanting to   play   with a top English clubs, with the odd one like Kante

Plying their skills  at some unfashionable club like city, then by some  quirk of fate a few of these Wc players  choose other clubs,

Outside the top 4, because they want to play, now for that chosen club and not wait for loans.

Archived