Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tom Lawrence

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Mahrez, Albrighton, Gray & Lawrence as our wingers.

Utilise Musa as more of a forward than a winger & give Kaputska a year out on loan in the championship see if he can replicate what Lawrence has done this year.

Agree. Musa has never looked comfortable on the wings, or had success there. When he's done well for us, it's always been as a forward / striker.

4 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I've always liked the guy though I don't see why Ipswich would sack him. Apparently they're almost unwatchable, but aren't they skint? I'm sure Ipswich's board would take boring football and staying in the championship over risking relegation to League 1. Even if he does get sacked, I don't think he'd struggle to find another managerial job. You don't get relegated from the Championship under Mick McCarthy.

It was more in hope but hes always seemed to do well with young players.

He's certainly looked at lot more comfortable with a full season at Ipswich than he did out at Blackburn and Cardiff last season (might be more to do with Ipswich being more stable to be fair) but he's certainly one the club will surely look at over pre-season with James, Kapustka and possibly Barnes to maybe take up a first team squad place. 

Could understand Lawrence wanting to leave and wouldn't begrudge him if he did but I'd be quite happy to see him in the squad next season too.

On 2017-5-1 at 12:37, BenTheFox said:

Compulsory YouTube video

Some absolute crackers in here. Definitely given himself a chance and hopefully can get a good pre-season under his belt. 

I have a feeling he won't be particularly interested in extending his contract here, judging from his previous comments in interviews he clearly doesn't feel like our player after having been farmed out on endless 6 month loans for the last few years.

Just now, brucey said:

I have a feeling he won't be particularly interested in extending his contract here, judging from his previous comments in interviews he clearly doesn't feel like our player after having been farmed out on endless 6 month loans for the last few years.

Can't blame him tbf 

Guest CityFan 06

Early days of course, but if we don't bring anyone in for the CAM position in the summer, I'd certainly consider Lawrence as an option for that.

He's shown his capability of playing/attacking centrally aswell as out wide. It is good to have someone with creativity who can play behind the striker, it looks like he has that. 

Whether it be with Leicester or not, I feel Lawrence will have a future possibly in the Prem.

3 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

If Lawrence scores a last minute winner to sink Forest then he's my player of the season for us...

Seem online he limped off on sat with ankle injury. Not sure how serious.

Nephew is as Ipswich fan, follows them home and away. About half the Goal of the Season  nominations were TL's.     Apparently, however, his performances have faded badly in the last couple of months.

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully not but he could turn into another case of a class player not being given a decent chance here and then selling him for peanuts to flourish elsewhere, most likely in the Championship - a la Knockaert (in the end) once we were in the Prem.! If Shakey is given the job then you'd hope he would be given a chance to impress next season though.....all remains to be seen.

Would like to see him get a chance. He's really found his feet at Ipswich and transferring that into pre-season will do him no harm at all. Another good prospect for the first team squad alongside Gray, Chilwell and Ndidi.

i've got it on good authority that with Mahrez leaving, Lawrence will be given a chance with us. i have also heard that he didn't get along with some players (don't know who), which is why he's not been given a chance here before. However, given that he's played so well at Ipswich and proved himself there, we're willing to give him one final chance here to shine on the pitch with us as well as improve attitude off the pitch. 

24 minutes ago, StanSP said:

i've got it on good authority that with Mahrez leaving, Lawrence will be given a chance with us. i have also heard that he didn't get along with some players (don't know who), which is why he's not been given a chance here before. However, given that he's played so well at Ipswich and proved himself there, we're willing to give him one final chance here to shine on the pitch with us as well as improve attitude off the pitch. 

Based on footballing reasons this season, I want Lawrence to be given a chance and succeed.

I wonder who he didn't get on with. The nucleus of our squad hasn't changed all that much, will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Archived