Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Watford (home) Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Bazly said:

Imagine is we could swap out Drinkwater for a 25 year old Paul Scholes. That'd have the makings of a good midfield.

Wasn't Nick Powell billed as the new Scholes when he first went to United?

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

I dont think we dont love him but he isnt pushing like he did last year. He can be so much better if he does. Got mad skills

I think effort is there just confidence. If he gets a goal or assist he's gonna explode. @UPinCarolina is calling it with his posts on this thread 

1 minute ago, Ozwin said:

Us with Mahrez gives teams something to think about and opens up the space in the middle. I like Gray but he doesn't give you that quite so much. He will in time mind. 

Agreed, but Gray is better on the counter. Maybe Mahrez needs a slower pace team, like Barcelona. 

Guest seanfox778
1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Wasn't Nick Powell billed as the new Scholes when he first went to United?

And Eric Djemba Djemba lol

1 minute ago, LegendOfJoe said:

anyone got a good stream - in london so can't make the game today :dry: and can't find a good one online. 45 mins of frustration and lag so far 

have you tried soccerstreams.net? I use that in the U.S., works great for me, and we have crap Internet, obv.

Right Shinji,

You've got about 15 minutes to bag.

I'm not going to lie, I'm not filled with confidence based on the first 45 minutes, but I have faith.

Gooooooo on, lad.

:scarf:

A move for Mahrez in the Summer would be high risk for him after this season. Assuming it'd need to be a move to one of those fabled 'bigger clubs' then they wouldn't have carried on playing him regardless with his poor form of this season and I don't think warming the bench would do much for his game play or confidence.

Just now, Jattdogg said:

I hope so. You see the flashes of brilliance. Just needs to go at it harder

We all hope so brother. I think that it's just low confidence is causing to have think rather than let it come naturally. 

9 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Sigursson and Silva and we'd score tons.

Good shouts but would they work in a midfield 2?

More suited for 4-2-3-1 or the Okazaki role.

8 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Wow, Mahrez hate is unreal....we will be lucky to get someone half as good when he goes. The cheeky free kick to Vardy, the number of moves that start with him holding up the the ball, the sense that something unusual might happen when he moves the ball forward - I love to watch him play, will be sorely missed

No doubt he will be missed, but of the thing's you have mentioned, there are literally so many players we could sign that could do those jobs. 

Maybe not with the same flair or all around skill, but Mahrez has barely shone this season at all, half the time he can't be bothered to track back or even get forward. 

Amazing player on his day, but he looks as though his heart is not in it. 

We are a team built upon hard work, he has lost his edge this season.

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Good shouts but would they work in a midfield 2?

More suited for 4-2-3-1 or the Okazaki role.

Agree for Gylfi, and would he do the closing down that Shinji does? 

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Funny to see so many criticising Drinkwater in ANOTHER thread where we are winning the game and ANOTHER game where we haven't conceded a goal.

But no, those 'in the know' are crying to get Amartey on...

lol

I haven't seen ANYONE asking for Amartey to come on. Most of the chat today had been about RIYAD and SHINJI. 

(See I can use all caps too) 

Archived