Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FireFox

Watford (home) Match Thread

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Definitely need to strengthen in Midfield, Drinkwater has been a lost man for most of this season, even under the recent form change he's been well below par. 

Ndidi needs some real quality beside him and at present, it does not look like we can rely solely on Drinkwater.

Disagree.  Drinkwater was one of our best players before Christmas.

Just now, Tuna said:

He's the only person in the squad who can do something spectacular.

Unfortunately he's only done it once in the league all season against Hull.

Don't get me wrong, He's top class on his day, difference being his day only comes when he can be arsed, which has not been very often this season. 

I'd rather have someone with a bit of flair who gives 100%

2 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

He done a piece of skill anyone in our squad can do then hit the crossbar from a deflection... Hardly top draw was it? 

He's lazy and has barely contributed.

Lol.

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I think that's what 3 goals in about 15 games for Wilf?

We urgently needed more goals from midfield and that equates to about 8 or so over the season, a highly respectable amount.

Need a top quality partner in midfield for him though.

Sigursson and Silva and we'd score tons.

4 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Almost every touch in the offensive half, Marc is looking for Riyad.   Riyad will never again get more space or opportunity than this ffs

The team is clearly behind Riyad and wanting him to get involved. Definitely building in confidence. 

Wish that some folks in this forum would see that Riyad is quality and loved by the team. 

Wow, Mahrez hate is unreal....we will be lucky to get someone half as good when he goes. The cheeky free kick to Vardy, the number of moves that start with him holding up the the ball, the sense that something unusual might happen when he moves the ball forward - I love to watch him play, will be sorely missed

Frustrating half. We really lack quality in the passing game at times. Glad we are in the lead, but it could as well have been the other way around. Not impressed,

1 minute ago, HoustonFox said:

He team is clearly behind Riyad and wanting him to get involved. Definitely building in confidence. 

Wish that some folks in this forum would see that Riyad is quality and loved by the team. 

I dont think we dont love him but he isnt pushing like he did last year. He can be so much better if he does. Got mad skills

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Love Simpson, but the damage we could cause down our right with a decent attacking right wingback- jheeez. 

What did we do last season with Simpson playing right back most of the season?

Just now, UPinCarolina said:

Riyad needs a goal to break the slump. He's a confidence player, just like Vardy.

He's close to a goal, I can feel it. I just hope Gray comes in for Albrighton rather than Mahrez. Riyad needs as much game time as possible to reach his full potential again 

I hope that the Mahrez hate is because everyone knows he is our most talented player. But they are disappointed he doesn't always win every match for us. Particularly after last year when he virtually did. (OK that's probably hyperbole, but so is the hate).

Just now, Redouane said:

He's close to a goal, I can feel it. I just hope Gray comes in for Albrighton rather than Mahrez. Riyad needs as much game time as possible to reach his full potential again 

He knows it too...thus the sheer frustration last weekend when he came off. The breakthrough felt close then, like it does today.

3 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Wow, Mahrez hate is unreal....we will be lucky to get someone half as good when he goes. The cheeky free kick to Vardy, the number of moves that start with him holding up the the ball, the sense that something unusual might happen when he moves the ball forward - I love to watch him play, will be sorely missed

Seenitall drops the mic! 

Archived