Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxoffderby

Salt in the wounds

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/michael-emenalo-i-sent-flowers-to-leicester-for-letting-chelsea-sign-ngolo-kante-a3543251.html

After last nights performance shows again how we undersold Kante. £32m is  cheap looking back now.

Should we have matched £150k a week Chelsea were offering? I think so if we've given RM and DD £100K a week.

Hindsight is a great thing.

3 minutes ago, foxoffderby said:

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/michael-emenalo-i-sent-flowers-to-leicester-for-letting-chelsea-sign-ngolo-kante-a3543251.html

After last nights performance shows again how we undersold Kante. £32m is  cheap looking back now.

Should we have matched £150k a week Chelsea were offering? I think so if we've given RM and DD £100K a week.

Hindsight is a great thing.

He'd have still gone, even if we matched his wages. He wanted to join Chelsea. Let it go!

Said in the summer he was our most important player; I'd have chosen to lose any other player over him. 

Chelsea are in a totally different league to us (ie they'll be in Europe and challenging for the title every season) but yeah we should have seen how much it would have taken to keep him here - within limits of course.

11 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Remember that thread where people were saying Chelsea will struggle to get in the champions league and he could regret leaving. lol

lol

I remember me and @Koke telling people Arsenal will finish above us (re Vardy leaving) and he'd have more chance playing in Europe again going there but the World wouldn't listen

1 hour ago, brucey said:

Kantes clause was 20m to any CL club. He would have gone anyway, yet we got to squeeze significantly more from Chelsea due to their lack of CL.

Yep. We didn't want to lose him for that and knew he was going so offered him to Chelsea for more money. 

It's well known that Kante didn't particularly want to join us in the first place. If part of persuading him to join was by inserting a release clause in his contract then as disappointing as it was to lose him for less than he's worth, it's arguably the best bit of business we've done. Without it we may never have won the Premier League.

You could even say that the financial reward for winning the league and then playing in the Champions League this season has more than covered any additional amount we may have got for him had he not had a release clause.

We've all played Football Manager and tried to sign a player that didn't really want to come...you end up offering them the earth to try and persuade them to join you - including buy out clauses.

Can't really complain when someone comes along and offers more than the buy out clause, unfortunately.

Happy with N'didi, And he'll be even better next season. Need an upgrade on Shinji and Drinky to wake up and we'll have a decent midfield again :scarf:

Archived