Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

No.

Our side that won the Championship would beat them. 

Comfortably.

Half that team won the Premier League ffs.

Kasper

RDL Morgan Moore Konch

Tony Drinky James Mahrez

Vards Nuge

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Corky said:

We managed more points and scored more goals- whether it was better to watch I don't know.

That team is so underrated when spoken about by pundits, some of the football we played that year was sensational. 1 defeat after mid-December when the team was pissed, thrashing the form team at the time 4-1 (it should've been double), winning away without conceding at 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

Might seem strange considering some of the performances we had during the 15/16 season Man City away in particular.

But that Friday night home game against Derby was one of the best ever performances from a Leicester side I have seen live. We absolutely tore them apart and it could have quite easily been 6 or 7 against them.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Comfortably.

Kasper

RDL Morgan Moore Konch

Tony Drinky James Mahrez

Vards Nuge

Our Championship winning side were easily, easily better than Wolves. Not even close. If we hadn't started slowly I reckon we'd have broken 110 points. And cost a fraction of their team.

15 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Comfortably.

Kasper

RDL Morgan Moore Konch

Tony Drinky James Mahrez

Vards Nuge

Moore had lost his place to Wasilewski by the time Mahrez showed up.

3 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Who do you think will finish below Cardiff, other than this season's Championship playoff winners?

I personally think that Bournemouth's time in the top-flight will be up, and possibly Brighton's as well. Sometimes the adrenaline of being in the top-flight for the first can can wear off after a couple of seasons or so for some.

Just now, Wymeswold fox said:

I personally think that Bournemouth's time in the top-flight will be up, and possibly Brighton's as well. Sometimes the adrenaline of being in the top-flight for the first can can wear off after a couple of seasons or so for some.

Maybe. I think both those teams are comfortably better than Cardiff, though.

I know a lot can change, and it's pretty much impossible to predict, but Cardiff play atrocious football, and their manager is leaving. Their recruitment was disastrous last time they came up. I won't be surprised to see them finish bottom.

Bournemouth and Brighton will not finish below Cardiff.

Cardiff will finish 20th. Yes the PL is poor outside of the top 6 and there are poor sides in the league but Cardiff need serious investment. We're talking about a side where Sol Bamba, Lee Peltier and Gary Madine are starters.

Edited by Fox92

On 30/05/2017 at 17:14, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Steve Bruce has got a big job to clear out some of the deadwood at Villa. But can certainly see them challenging for promotion, his record at that level is superb. 

Expect Derby to do well under Rowett, maybe not around the automatic places but certainly the playoffs. 

Sheffield United under Chris Wilder and Cardiff under Warnock could be the dark horses for a play off place. 

Top 6

1. Aston Villa

2. Fulham

3. Sheffield Wednesday 

4. Derby

5. Middlesbrough 

6. Cardiff

Bottom 3.

22. Burton Albion

23. Bristol City

24. Millwall

Close with the top 6 just in a different order. 

I also had £10 on Wolves to be relegated at 14/1 lollol

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Bournemouth and Brighton will not finish below Cardiff.

Cardiff will finish 20th. Yes the PL is poor outside of the top 6 and there are poor sides in the league but Cardiff need serious investment. We're talking about a side where Sol Bamba, Lee Peltier and Gary Madine are starters.

While I agree that's a bit of a stretch with Madine, he is hardly the first name on the team sheet.

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 22:14, Tuna said:

Champions Fulham

Runners Up Brentford

play-offs

Villa

Boro

Derby

Hull

down

Ipswich

QPR

Millwall.

Hmm, got 4 of the top 6 right.

On 06/05/2018 at 14:54, Koke said:

Some of their fans say they are better team than us now. Are they even better than our 13/14 team? 

To be fair, right now I'd say they are. We're honking.

I fancy Middlesbrough for the play-offs for some reason. I really don't think Fulham will do it. They seem to choke at the final hurdle time and time again. Bit like a Championship Spurs.

Cardiff v Reading is hands down the worst game I've seen this season. Honestly cannot remember such a terrible game. But Warnock deserves huge credit. That's got to be his best promotion yet.

It's absolutely typical of the Championship that the two sides going for 2nd place both failed to win relatively easy games. I remember the exact same happening when we pipped Forest to the play-offs, Hull and Watford both going for 2nd and both bottled it, with Hull falling over the line.

I want Fulham up as I've never been bit I am a little fed up of how many London games there are. With none of them going down (that's largely our doing as well in the past fortnight) you've got 7 away games out of 19 in London (if you count Watford).

I absolutely don't want Derby up. Does anyone seriously trust us to put them to the sword at the minute? The thought of being below either them or Forest at the minute is harrowing. We've been miles in front for a while now. I don't want that coming under pressure.

I could tolerate Villa. Good away day.

Middlesbrough are a bit dull but I've nothing against them as a club at all. They never beat us either.

On 06/05/2018 at 20:41, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Might seem strange considering some of the performances we had during the 15/16 season Man City away in particular.

But that Friday night home game against Derby was one of the best ever performances from a Leicester side I have seen live. We absolutely tore them apart and it could have quite easily been 6 or 7 against them.

I remember being dead nervous going into that as well. That was the night I knew there was no stopping us. I'd love to watch that 90 minutes again. We were amazing.

Cardiff won't actually take many thrashings next year, their style means they'll be that team that goes down with a load of 0-1 and 1-2 type defeats.

Fully expecting Colin to have walked by November anyway.

8 hours ago, Worthington said:

BBC East Midlands still laud them as the area's 'biggest' team. I can only guess that one or more of the producers is a Tree !

They're based in Nottingham, so highly presume so.