Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Championship 2017/18

Guest FriendlyRam
1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Why on earth do clubs persist in employing Paul Clement?

He’s useless... looks like taking Reading down now!

lol

Us sacking him doesn't look to bad now lol he's very boring as a man tbh, collects football memorabilia and when he was with us he always bragged he got Ronaldos signed picture frame ffs. he did have us 5th in the league but it was tedium and very boring the football. Rowett isn't much better in the style of football but at least he cracks a smile and is a bit entertaining winding up the opposition fans etc.

Warnock has done a fine job with that squad and if they do finish the job off next week good luck to them. 

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Reckon that Forest, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday will be in/just off the promotion/play-off mix next reason.

Nope, nope and nope.

what are your reasons wymse out of interest? My reasons for nope are that they are just not capable of doing such things

26 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Nope, nope and nope.

what are your reasons wymse out of interest? My reasons for nope are that they are just not capable of doing such things

With their Greek billionaire, can see Forest having some money to give it a good go.

Leeds have quite a decent squad and with some better additions in some areas, they'll be more stronger.

Sheffield Wednesday's manager has good experience in German football and will use some of his knowledge of it and the experience he has gained in English football (after joining in January) to aid them to be more competent next season imo.

4 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Reckon that Forest, Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday will be in/just off the promotion/play-off mix next reason.

Nope, nope and nope.

if forest can sign Neves and Wily Boly they might do ok tbf

11 minutes ago, sharpylcfc said:

Coleman left Sunderland. 

Not just saying it just to mention his name, but the club would be ideal for Pearson for sure.

A well-known club that's needs uprooting and starting from scratch again would tempt him for sure.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Not just saying it just to mention his name, but the club would be ideal for Pearson for sure.

A well-known club that's needs uprooting and starting from scratch again would tempt him for sure.

Agreed but with the uncertainty around the ownership of Sunderland do you think he'd be tempted?

38 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Chris Wilder looks to be stepping away from Sheff United this summer due to an internal power struggle with the ownership.

He won't struggle to find something else with his good record.

Shame it it happens, his hometown club and a club that has potential to go further.

1 hour ago, Wymeswold fox said:

He won't struggle to find something else with his good record.

Shame it it happens, his hometown club and a club that has potential to go further.

Quite bizarrely they are apparently struggling to sell season tickets for next season. The early bird price deadline has been extended.

22 hours ago, baker11 said:

Quite bizarrely they are apparently struggling to sell season tickets for next season. The early bird price deadline has been extended.

That is strange. Our promotion from League 1 and subsequent play-off push really inspired our fanbase again after a few years of dross- weird if their fans seem to be losing interest again.

I don't particularly like Cardiff or Warnock but you have to respect him. He's on the brink of taking such an average group of players to the Premier League. I mean Sol Bamba will be a PL player next season, good Lord!! 

Mind you I think they'll probably go straight back down unless they sack Warnock mid season and hire a more top flight savvy manager. 

Fair play to Warnock though. Knows how to galvanize mediocre players.

16 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

I don't know how you can't love Warnock, with the little feud he has against us aside. Definitely will miss characters like him in 10 years time 

I think he's great.

I was always disappointed we never got him in during those years where we drifted towards relegation (due to the fans' reaction, if I remember correctly- his comments about us in 2003 were still pretty fresh, and many were vocal about not wanting him here). We certainly wouldn't have ended up in the third tier with him in charge. Still, we've moved on from that era and in hindsight, the disappointments suffered in those 10 years were the making of us.

18 hours ago, Koke said:

I don't particularly like Cardiff or Warnock but you have to respect him. He's on the brink of taking such an average group of players to the Premier League. I mean Sol Bamba will be a PL player next season, good Lord!! 

Mind you I think they'll probably go straight back down unless they sack Warnock mid season and hire a more top flight savvy manager. 

Fair play to Warnock though. Knows how to galvanize mediocre players.

To be fair he usually sacks himself when a team gets promoted... he was honest enough with QPR and said to them he wasn't the right man to lead them in the Prem so wouldn't be surprised to see that happen again.

Would set him up rather nicely for a return to Sheff Utd ;) 

Edited by AjcW

Just been looking at the fixtures and there are going to be some twists and turns on Sunday. A few matches where both teams are chasing something.

Birmingham vs Fulham (survival/promotion)

Cardiff vs Reading (promotion/survival)

Derby vs Barnsley (playoff/survival)

Preston vs Burton (playoff/survival)

Think its only Bolton and Millwall playing against teams with nothing to play for. I fancy Burton to get the job done, win and survive which would be a monumental achievement. 4 wins in a row to stay up.

On 01/05/2018 at 18:46, Koke said:

I haven't seen Bamba in action this season, but he was in the Championship team of the season, wasn't he?

So, presumably he's been doing something right. Maybe Warnock has taught him to defend as well as go on mazy dribbles?

Will be interesting to see him in PL action next season if they go up and he keeps his place.

Last day of the season.

Biggest talking points coming up:

Can Fulham pip Cardiff to second spot?

Can Preston overtake Derby for 6th and make the playoffs?

Will Wolves beat our Championship points record of 102 points? A win away at Sunderland is prerogative.

At the other end of the table, two out of Reading, Birmingham, Barnsley, Burton and Bolton will follow Sunderland into League One.

On paper, Reading (Cardiff away) and Birmingham (Fulham at home) have the toughest fixtures, while Barnsley are away at Derby and Burton away at Preston...