Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

1 hour ago, Vestan Pance said:

After having a few days to think on this I'm convinced Riyad is building his part up a little bit too much here. He is basically stating that he is too good to play for Leicester City now, even though no bids for him appear to have been made. His level of skill would suggest that he is good enough for those CL teams but at the moment his performances are well short of that. After watching Atletico close up it is clear to see what makes a world class player, not only amazing ability but also the desire to be the best player on the pitch no matter what your teammates are doing, at the moment Riyad doesn't have that, his mood and application is a reflection of the teams performance. As fantastic as he can be, I'll be amazed if anyone bids over £25 for him atm.

Agree - I doubt a cl club will come in for him.. I doubt he will match his wages... I doubt we will be offered more than £25m

Truth is any top clubs watching him this season would conclude that he is a one season wonder. If he wants his big move he needs to knuckle down, put in the hard yards and prove that he is worthy of such a move, perhaps in January.

If he sulks, neither he nor the club will benefit. If he does get to leave on a reduced transfer fee by kicking off, he'll need to up his game with whoever takes him on or end up playing a bit part.

I don't really buy into this idea that his form this season is due to not having players around him to take the pressure off. Maybe some truth in it but he seems to have made no effort to adapt and pass more, constantly running into blind alleys and getting dispossessed. Perhaps I'm being harsh as some of the problems are due to players not taking up positions to receive a pass, but he often didn't seem interested in any interplay.

I detected a definite improvement in effort and involvement the last few games trying to show his all round game no doubt.Even picked up a booking for clattering someone!

30 mill is probably the limit from anywhere in Europe and for sure he wont want china.

Lets sit back and see what happens.

Its been enjoyable to have the guy with us regardless

14 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I get the feeling he had a move lined up when he released that statement that has now fallen through for some reason or another

I don't, I saw it (And still do) as a 'Oh shit, no-one seems interested in me, let's issue a come and get me plea'

30 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Agree - I doubt a cl club will come in for him.. I doubt he will match his wages... I doubt we will be offered more than £25m

Agreed, which is why I can't see a move happening, unless LCFC fold and accept a low bid.

He want's a top club, a top club might want him, but not as a starter, I genuinely, honestly can't see a top club where he'd start games, not regularly, this isn't being bitter or sour grapes, I just cannot see it, it is my view and opinion...who's going to spend £25 - £35m on a player that isn't starting games (And we want more than £25 - £35m), infact i'll go one further, might not even get on certain top clubs benches!!

The more I think about it the more I think this is a win win situation for us.

Play hardball. If nobody comes in with £40m/£50m then tough luck. He stays. He's contracted.

He might not like it, but he's not going to sulk for an entire season. He will at some point, with the encouragement of the manager, come round to the idea that he needs to deliver every week to get his value up and get his move.

We don't lose out on anything because he is an asset that only cost £400k and we are already minted.

I suppose it does depend a little bit on whether we will let him sit in our reserves on £100k per week, but I really don't think it will come to that.

Whatever you think of professional footballers, they want to play and they know that not putting in the work means you don't get what you want.

14 minutes ago, EnglishOxide said:

The more I think about it the more I think this is a win win situation for us.

Play hardball. If nobody comes in with £40m/£50m then tough luck. He stays. He's contracted.

He might not like it, but he's not going to sulk for an entire season. He will at some point, with the encouragement of the manager, come round to the idea that he needs to deliver every week to get his value up and get his move.

We don't lose out on anything because he is an asset that only cost £400k and we are already minted.

I suppose it does depend a little bit on whether we will let him sit in our reserves on £100k per week, but I really don't think it will come to that.

Whatever you think of professional footballers, they want to play and they know that not putting in the work means you don't get what you want.

If we spend big and the team is built to get the best out of our best player, Mahrez. I reckon he will have a good season. 

32 minutes ago, MrSpaM said:

I get the feeling he had a move lined up when he released that statement that has now fallen through for some reason or another

He had made his intentions quite clear earlier in the season internally and although he gets on with Shakey he has been quite upfront about in hindsight regretting he had stayed - his head was turned and in retrospect he was trying to be loyal but clearly he regretted it - I think any animosity from our fans is truly stupid. Yes, we gave him a platform but he also only cost us £400k and we have received massive amount more back from him - when I look back over the past 40 years at the number of players who have come and gone without so much as delivering a sausage yet been paid extremely well yet people are moaning about him - absolutely stupid tbh.

If you have ever visited the training grounds, grounds of the big clubs (fact we are not one yet!) then you can understand why he would want to experience that and probably alongside a handful of players in our history he is top drawer.

I am absolutely gutted we will not see him in a blue shirt (LCFC one) again but I can only wish him every success and trust me the board will play really hard ball - the owners are no idiots and have already laid down a marker hence him putting a formal transfer request in. He has been told £50m and ideally to an overseas club which he is frustrated with but that is modern football business and he will have to live with that. His head has been turned and one club has made strong overtures in England but the price could be an interesting challenge for them but their will be bids imminently!!

6 hours ago, erlee said:

he wants out bad..

===

Brilliant Algerian midfielder craves Champions League football but faces a battle with the Foxes' board to achieve his goal

By Geoff Sweet
1st June 2017, 9:55 am

RIYAD MAHREZ is concerned that his £40million price tag will put suitors Arsenal and Tottenham off.

The attacking Algerian midfielder wants Leicester City to lower the fee as he looks to move on from last year’s Premier League champions. The Foxes are demanding a minimum of £40m for the 26-year-old.

So he craves Champions League football and could well end up at Arsenal?

I hope stand firm and get a good deal for us.

2 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

He had made his intentions quite clear earlier in the season internally and although he gets on with Shakey he has been quite upfront about in hindsight regretting he had stayed - his head was turned and in retrospect he was trying to be loyal but clearly he regretted it - I think any animosity from our fans is truly stupid. Yes, we gave him a platform but he also only cost us £400k and we have received massive amount more back from him - when I look back over the past 40 years at the number of players who have come and gone without so much as delivering a sausage yet been paid extremely well yet people are moaning about him - absolutely stupid tbh.

If you have ever visited the training grounds, grounds of the big clubs (fact we are not one yet!) then you can understand why he would want to experience that and probably alongside a handful of players in our history he is top drawer.

I am absolutely gutted we will not see him in a blue shirt (LCFC one) again but I can only wish him every success and trust me the board will play really hard ball - the owners are no idiots and have already laid down a marker hence him putting a formal transfer request in. He has been told £50m and ideally to an overseas club which he is frustrated with but that is modern football business and he will have to live with that. His head has been turned and one club has made strong overtures in England but the price could be an interesting challenge for them but their will be bids imminently!!

"Regretting he had stayed", "Head was turned"...Remind me, who made a bid again to make him regret staying? And who exactly turned his head?

Because I think its quite common knowledge there was no bids or confirmed intrest in him last summer, clubs may have considered him, but the bottom line is no-one was that interested to try and buy him last summer, or even turn his head for that matter, so not sure how he regrets staying when there was no chance to leave.

After a poor season i'm not sure how he can act barry big bollocks, last summer fair enough, this season...delusions of grandeur maybe?!

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't, I saw it (And still do) as a 'Oh shit, no-one seems interested in me, let's issue a come and get me plea'

Agreed, which is why I can't see a move happening, unless LCFC fold and accept a low bid.

He want's a top club, a top club might want him, but not as a starter, I genuinely, honestly can't see a top club where he'd start games, not regularly, this isn't being bitter or sour grapes, I just cannot see it, it is my view and opinion...who's going to spend £25 - £35m on a player that isn't starting games (And we want more than £25 - £35m), infact i'll go one further, might not even get on certain top clubs benches!!

Can't be many teams that are that stupid! Must be an Algerian thing.

12 minutes ago, Corky said:

So he craves Champions League football and could well end up at Arsenal?

I hope stand firm and get a good deal for us.

I hope we qualify next season. Now wouldn't that be hilarious.

7 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

His username is based on Leicester City legend Steve Walsh who I assume you have never heard of considering you support Riyad Mahrez and not LCFC. I am not ganging up on anyone just found it funny.

Your above assumption and statement are totally wrong. At least, try to be sure of the facts before you try to ridicule people.

2 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Bet its vardy

I thought Vardy's interview a few weeks back was quite pointed.

"But if you look around the lads the vast majority of them definitely still want to be here and progress how we want to."

Vast majority = Not all

1 hour ago, Matt said:

"Regretting he had stayed", "Head was turned"...Remind me, who made a bid again to make him regret staying? And who exactly turned his head?

Because I think its quite common knowledge there was no bids or confirmed intrest in him last summer, clubs may have considered him, but the bottom line is no-one was that interested to try and buy him last summer, or even turn his head for that matter, so not sure how he regrets staying when there was no chance to leave.

After a poor season i'm not sure how he can act barry big bollocks, last summer fair enough, this season...delusions of grandeur maybe?!

We are all entitled to an opinion but I can guarantee that he was approached last preseason and your naive if you do not believe that to be the case but during this season he has also been approached - the world of football agents with top quality players makes this a frequent event.

in terms of billy big bollocks I fail to see it and actually believe it is unfair. Whether he has been as focused I think that is fair but in most games he has been double marked and that isn't something he has been used too - he needs to develop and time will tell if he can become a world class player! However, I am absolutely positive he will flourish in a top side where he is one of numerous quality attacking players who are not one dimensional which sadly we are. You will see how much we miss him he is without doubts our most creative player and arguably the most talented technical footballer to wear a blue shirt - certainly in my lifetime.

Personally think the owners have got most things bright but we missed a trick last preseason as we had a chance to take a massive step forward and got it wrong - we probably would struggle to break into the top 6 consistently as the money needed to make it into that group is huge but we certainly had the opportunity to move into the next tier but I feel we have missed that opportunity with this group and now we need to make some big strides as I believe the next 3 months could determine the next 3 to 5 years.

Mahrez sadly will not be part of it and I for one wish him every success as I understand his reasons and am grateful for the memories he will leave us with - some fans are living in cuckoo land and the bitterness towards him imo shows the poor side of a minority of our fans !

Peeps can put up anything they want but Champions league and the odd game aside he has looked like a player who did not want to be here all season.

Still love the bloke but I will not lament the loss of this seasons Mahrez.

Looking back on his time here, in his first half season here he looked good if inconsistent, in the survival season he was adequate but it is the title winning season where he really shone and for what he will be remembered for.

If we can get a good wedge for him then we take it and move on and try to establish ourselves long term in this league.

Get French football (who have been on the ball re mahrez in the past) are reporting that the fee we want is £39m (€45m) and he wants £110k/week salary

he is clearly softening his salary demand ( as a player at that value can easily demand 150k) to try and enable the fee to be increased. 

It also says that neither Monaco or Arsenal are prepared to pay that

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Get French football (who have been on the ball re mahrez in the past) are reporting that the fee we want is £39m (€45m) and he wants £110k/week salary

he is clearly softening his salary demand ( as a player at that value can easily demand 150k) to try and enable the fee to be increased. 

It also says that neither Monaco or Arsenal are prepared to pay that

Arsenal pay Walcott £140,000 p/w already ffs lol

Archived