Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

4 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Wait to read too much in a conversation between two players. How can you know that he wasn't committed? Did you have a talk with him?

Was waiting for that cheap shot, since being new on this forum and rating Mahrez makes one automatically an algerian. Sorry to disappoint you, I'm not (hint: see location) and will be around next season. Took l a liking in this Team and will follow it a for a little while, Mahrez or not.

On the other side being here for an eternity doesn't make one immune to post bullcrap.

It might be hard for you to believe, but one can appreciate a player's talent without being their countryman.

will follow us for a little while?  I take it back, you're obviously a real fan.

As for the second comment, that is just ridiculous, more than half our team are from overseas.

This is really nothing to do with Mahrez' talent and ability but he wants to go and played like he wants to go.  So just go.

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

will follow us for a little while?  I take it back, you're obviously a real fan.

As for the second comment, that is just ridiculous, more than half our team are from overseas.

This is really nothing to do with Mahrez' talent and ability but he wants to go and played like he wants to go.  So just go.

Nah I'm just fine here and don't really care about what you might think. Cya.

44 minutes ago, murphy said:

Wow, people with differing opinions on a football forum, how terrible.

Go on..!!  How shall we do this  do you want to play J.Carragher, and I Danny Simpson, ..you can have the snake to start...:P 

In defense of Gray, his technical abilities are able to rival that of Mahrez. His problem is currently his teamwork and decision-making. He's bad at co-operating with his teammates because he gets so caught up in his actions but he has shown flashes of good vision and picking out the right passes, just inconsistently.That's all because he's 20 and inexperienced.

Imagine learning to drive. At first, you have to focus a lot when driving and pay full attention and as a result, you can't pay much attention to other things around you and can't think laterally as you only stick to a stringent routine. After a while, you get used to it and get more relaxed as it feels second-nature to you. You become more aware of things around you and become better at making tougher decisions eventhough you practically drive the same as before.

He may not be as good as Mahrez yet but that's mainly because of his inexperience. It'll probably take time but he'll fill Mahrez's shoes eventually. Remember, he's strongly tipped to be an England international in the future.

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

If Mahrez joins Arsenal :o

then I'd be looking towards Walcott as part of the deal. 

He's not brilliant but still a good player. I doubt he'd want to leave them to join us though in all honesty.

Not Walcott, he's rubbish. Also, he's on £140k p/w and seems happy enough to sit on the bench. Can't see him taking a huge pay cut to join us. 

9 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

we'll miss him!. he is the one player we have that has the ability and the creativity to mesmerise fans and opposition players alike. probably the most naturally gifted footballer we've had at the club. he is clearly ambitious and thinks he has gone as far as he can with Leicester and has seen what Kante has achieved and no doubt wants the same. it's disappointing for all the fans but not really a surprise. I'd rather he go abroad than stay in the Premier League and maybe play against us!. he would certainly get more room abroad to manoeuvre on the pitch and would be able to express himself more on the pitch if he moved abroad.

Nailed it

5 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

I've heard good things about this other Algerian chap, that might be willing to come here and partner with Silmani. @ZeGuy what do you know about him?

No more Algerians .... need to move on from that 

On 2017-5-30 at 18:02, David Hankey said:

No surprise in this news. He's done great for Leicester City but unfortunately he has been a shadow of his former self this season. Time to move on.

With all the comments on this thread, this simple one sums it up perfectly.

*Apologies, posted this in the wrong thread earlier as I hadn't noticed this thread.

There are always different schools of thought regarding players leaving clubs. Personally and not with any benefit of hindsight, I thought Kante should have been applauded for being instrumental in the title triumph, being completely up front regarding his intentions once the league had been won and moving on with no controversy or harsh words. Some people differ with this view.

I also feel the same with Mahrez. He could have left last summer while his stock was at it's highest, he didn't. People will argue that he didn't leave because of the wage rise but I disagree. I think he stayed on to give us one more season as much as anything else because I genuinely believe he is a respectable bloke. He didn't make Leicester City and we didn't make him. It was just an incredibly sweet union while it lasted.

I also think it's unfair to sling too much mud at him for this season. Who has been better this season than last? Kasper, that's even arguable but certainly no one else.

Riyad may have looked disinterested at times but he is that type of player and it's easy to forget the utter frustration the players must have had for the first half of the season as performances and results nosedived so dramatically.

I, for one, wish him all the best and thank him for some wonderful performances and memories that will never fade.

Guest Cujek

3 shit / lazy games for arsenal and he is on the bench l, never to be heard of again.

Good luck son.

13 minutes ago, Cujek said:

3 shit / lazy games for arsenal and he is on the bench l, never to be heard of again.

Good luck son.

Bit harsh that. Have you watch led Ozil?!? 

Sounds like we're going to stand firm in this and demand £50m. Good- that's what we should be doing, why should we sell on the cheap because he wants to go? Watford are demanding £35m for a car and out of favour Deeney, and we're expected to sell a PFA player of the year for a bargain price? We'd better play hardball on it, make it very clear that we won't budge on our asking price.

1 hour ago, Cujek said:

Good luck son.

What's that famous saying again?

You can't please some of the people any of the time, is that it?

18 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Sounds like we're going to stand firm in this and demand £50m. Good- that's what we should be doing, why should we sell on the cheap because he wants to go? Watford are demanding £35m for a car and out of favour Deeney, and we're expected to sell a PFA player of the year for a bargain price? We'd better play hardball on it, make it very clear that we won't budge on our asking price.

If true, I suspect there is only one club where the owners would accept a lower fee and that's if Barca came in for him.  Add to that if we are demanding 50, we will take 42/44

Archived