Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

I can see this dragging all the way to transfer deadline day. The club hold all the cards. We could get a bidding war started and milk someone for a fortune. We held out on Ulloa and I don't think it would bother the owners one bit if Mahrez ended up staying and being an unhappy player.

Hopefully we can get a good deal done early so we can go straight into the market and boost the squad. Going to be a really interesting summer

we'll miss him!. he is the one player we have that has the ability and the creativity to mesmerise fans and opposition players alike. probably the most naturally gifted footballer we've had at the club. he is clearly ambitious and thinks he has gone as far as he can with Leicester and has seen what Kante has achieved and no doubt wants the same. it's disappointing for all the fans but not really a surprise. I'd rather he go abroad than stay in the Premier League and maybe play against us!. he would certainly get more room abroad to manoeuvre on the pitch and would be able to express himself more on the pitch if he moved abroad.

58 minutes ago, Redouane said:

The fans are not the manager. Fans can feel how they wanna feel, but in the end, we know Mahrez is appreciated by management. He gets starts a game regardless of how he played the game before. 

If Ozil and Sanchez really do go, they'll be in desperate need of a playmaker. 

Maybe we can do a swap deal. Sanchez and Ozil for Mahrez

24 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

I'd rather he go abroad ....    he would certainly get more room abroad to manoeuvre on the pitch and would be able to express himself more on the pitch if he moved abroad.

I'd rather he stayed here !!

Why all this worry about what would be the best team for him and how much room he gets ? ...     once he's gone (if he goes) ...   I couldn't give a flying fvck how much room he has !

Hoping the owners have had the conversation, 'yes you can go, you deserve to have a choice, but understand, we are not selling for less than £40m and if that does not come in your staying, let's shake on that'

Anything less and I will feel robbed.

long contract, ability and age means £40m for me.

19 hours ago, The Prince said:

Wonderful player. The best I've seen in 35 years of watching Leicester. Even though performances have dropped this season, I would argue nearly everything good in an attacking sense, comes through him. I fear we will never see his like again here. 

I do have some knowledge of his situation and am led to believe he is desperate to live in London

So either Arsenal (most likely even if no Champion's League this season) or Tottenham? Can't see him at Chelsea.

Just now, ZeGuy said:

So either Arsenal (most likely even if no Champion's League this season) or Tottenham? Can't see him in Chelsea.

Arsenal 2/1 favourites ...   Chelsea 3/1 close behind.       Spuds ..   5000/1 ..   no chance ...    hang on a minute !!

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Arsenal 2/1 favourites ...   Chelsea 3/1 close behind.       Spuds ..   5000/1 ..   no chance ...    hang on a minute !!

Just heard on the radio Monaco are favourites with bookies. He might trade London for Monaco.

I am gutted to see him go he has to be one of the most skillful players I have ever seen pull on a Leicester shirt. Some of the things he does with the ball at his feel just makes you think Wow. Unfortunately last season he just did not seem to have his heart in it at times and it was almost as though he was kept on the pitch just waiting for the little bit of magic that turned the game and many times it never come.

Best of luck to him though you can not blame him for wanting to play at the top and if he gets rid of his lazyness then he has the potential to become world class 

20 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Yeah, Tottenham is very unlikely but you'll never know. As for Chelsea I really don't see where he could actually fit in the starting XI. He's no wingback and Pedro is on fire.

4 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

The timing is bad or at least very odd, it reeks of discontent, unprofessionalism and/or an agent panicking.

The gracious thing would've been to keep quiet, work on a transfer in the background and then thank the fans and the club in a heartfelt statement once the deal had been completed.

As a fan, I do feel somewhat disappointed in the player (and his agent). It's the logical consequence and hopefully the final chapter of a rather screwed-up season in Mahrez' case.

Do you really think his agent has been sitting on his hands (& his mobile phone), doing nothing until Mahrez made his statement!?

1 minute ago, Redouane said:

Yeah but Arsenal should add some money to make it fair

Of course, maybe 30 million ? and a buy back clause for Mahrez for 10 Million

4 hours ago, Thracian said:

i tend to agree with most of that but genius? When it comes to football I see genius in people like George Best, Tom Finney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Johann Cruyff and a few more. I see an exciting attacking footballer in Mahrez but one who could frustrate as much as waken the crowd.

Mahrez has shown nothing like the all-round skills and consistency to be labelled anything like a genius and I really could name lots of players who were gifted and arguably more so than Mahrez...some of whom played together in the same team.

You touch on something though when you mention him as being Algerian. With the players I've mentioned their nationality didn't come into it. They were admirable footballers whatever.

With Mahrez at Leicester there's always been the undercurrent of a cultural agenda from his countrymen on here. I don't think he - or his national fans - ever quite belonged or lastingly identified with us - we were just the catalyst for their own expression and their own journey.

It stood out with Mahrez during the last close season - it was all about him really and he seemed ever more  distant and aloof. Sad really, but then we each tune into our own path through life and while I'll forever admire his ability I won't much miss his playing here nor hold him with quite the same regard as the likes of Davie Gibson, Graham Cross, Steve Walsh, Lenny Glover, Pontus Kaamark, Matt Elliott, Muzzy Izzett, Howard Riley, Steve Whitworth  and so many more true greats of our club.

Guys who lived and breathed Leicester City really and gave their all, week in week out. Mahrez was and is just a journeyman at Leicester. Not as a player, but as a person.            

Romance is nice..all those players, including K.Weller who is missing from your list, brought Fantastic memories,

Because of his flights of Shear genius, Riyhad brought Home with his teammates, and alone in those 1st few games

The Pl title.Those 1st 7 goals, the Hattrick against Swansea, the Man.city surge, out weighs those other memories.

Believe me Gibson, Goodfellow, and Weller, with a sprinkle of Wortho and Glover, were among the players I Hold

High in esteem, and all shown hints of genius.One could discuss, individual better goals....and seen over 4 seasons

Where at the back of the queue, does Riyhad come.BUT I refuse to accept journeyman after 4 seasons.

Allun Clarke was a prima example of journeyman not Mahrez.

I believe, though not on fine form this season, he was still underrated because OTT defensive remarks and expectations.

We could say many players from last year earnt that pot, personally even now Vardy was underrated and had more,

then he was put down for.I just love the guy...!

But Riyhad added and gave us that extra finess and exotic spice.And yes in those games were Specks Of genius, he created the 

Moments, Others like albrighton, Drinkwater...Vardy used the moments . the great Vardy Liverpool goal was Of 2 simple  moments

Built on the single genius of 2 players at the time...Mahrezs quick witted but instinctive pass, and Vardys quicking thinking that saw

it was on.The technical nous then to bring it off.

It could be, for some reason that, that  Genius will not not shadow Mahrez Playing career again, time will tell, but for

that 2015/16 season in the form of an Algerian wizard, it blew like a cool breeze, in a Leicester shirt.

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I agree that Premier League teams might be the only ones willing to meet ours/his financial demands. Monaco have changed their model, so if it is France I'd imagine it'd be Marseille or PSG. Marseille (I think) have rich new owners, but can't offer Champions League football. 

The desire to maximize his selling price is at odds with the desire to not face Mahrez on a PL competitor.  Only the perennial elite in a very few leagues have the income to compete on price.

Ligue 1 (outside of PSG) is the last place to look.  One may assume Monaco, flush with CL winnings and fees from other player sales, could afford a Mahrez.   But given the chunk of the player budget he would represent, and the fact that he would be joining a stripped roster, his footballing situation might not improve.

This broadly holds true for any club outside  the upper half of the PL, the top FEW in La Liga and Serie A, and PSG.

There is a short list of non-PL suitors for whom a worthwhile Mahrez bid would be anything other than a “Hail Mary”.

3 minutes ago, KingsX said:

The desire to maximize his selling price is at odds with the desire to not face Mahrez on a PL competitor.  Only the perennial elite in a very few leagues have the income to compete on price.

Ligue 1 (outside of PSG) is the last place to look.  One may assume Monaco, flush with CL winnings and fees from other player sales, could afford a Mahrez.   But given the chunk of the player budget he would represent, and the fact that he would be joining a stripped roster, his footballing situation might not improve.

This broadly holds true for any club outside  the upper half of the PL, the top FEW in La Liga and Serie A, and PSG.

There is a short list of non-PL suitors for whom a worthwhile Mahrez bid would be anything other than a “Hail Mary”.

roma, Napoli and Lazio - none could afford him as a total package, given where he plays.  the two Milan clubs could but that would be a punt on mahrez' part. 

17 hours ago, murphy said:

And we'll do it again.  Ndidi looks like a real find, maybe Barnes can be special, who knows what is around the corner.

I am not at all bothered by him wanting to go.  Lets be honest, he didn't turn up this year anyway.  Lets get someone more consistent on the wing.

We'll see about that.

I'm personally gutted by the fact he's leaving but also by the reactions of some on here.

You can't wait to see him go and think that replacing him by some work-horse will fill the bill? LOL.

He was the club's first PFA ever and a major contribution to the title. Even in his worse games and god knows he had some this season, he still took one or two defenders out and freed spaces. Yet some here treat him like a piece of crap because he, like a lot of others, had an off season. Going as far as accusing him of downing the tools. Fvck me. 

Gray is quality but still rough and people who're expecting him to fill Mahrez shoes are in for a surprise.

If we don't find a quality CAM, CB AND now a winger we'll be in relegation battle the whole next season. Even more if Kasper goes. Take a long, hard look at the team and you'll see what I'm talking about. Especially in the midfield. There are not a lot of 40-50 millions pounds worth players who would come play here and unearthing a gem like Mahrez doesn't happen everyday.

Comments over our little genius, sums up this forum really.Experts on here would have us now back in league 1.

All of you..!!!  Think very deep about this.Your soccer forum lives depend on it, your future credibilty is on the line.

The word is repent, and rethink you ideas on football players.

The negatives that have come over this forum, beggar the question, how many of you would recognise a

quality PL player, even if he fell out of the sky on top of your BBQ, while watching MOTD.

Incredible over this season, how every single player went through the whinger, and occasionally scraped over

the washboard.Not forgetting some were the same posters who couldnt say anything good over anyone during our

title winning season.

Every single one of you, would of missed Mahrez, Vardy, wouldnt of got a second glance, Albrighton would be playing,

in another shirt, DDrinkwater would of been ousted the year before.Well for Schmeichel would of already been exchanged,

for bobo Brexxit from the autowash.we should be thankfull, and by the grace of god go Leicester, that none of you

are on either the scouting staff and the wheel tappers and shunting staff selection commitee....

Ps.  The real  good guys n girls, I like....:scarf:

23 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

We'll see about that.

I'm personally gutted by the fact he's leaving but also by the reactions of some on here.

You can't wait to see him go and think that replacing him by some work-horse will fill the bill? LOL.

He was the club's first PFA ever and a major contribution to the title. Even in his worse games and god knows he had some this season, he still took one or two defenders out and freed spaces. Yet some here treat him like a piece of crap because he, like a lot of others, had an off season. Going as far as accusing him of downing the tools. Fvck me. 

Gray is quality but still rough and people who're expecting him to fill Mahrez shoes are in for a surprise.

If we don't find a quality CAM, CB AND now a winger we'll be in relegation battle the whole next season. Even more if Kasper goes. Take a long, hard look at the team and you'll see what I'm talking about. Especially in the midfield. There are not a lot of 40-50 millions pounds worth players who would come play here and unearthing a gem like Mahrez doesn't happen everyday.

We couldn't replace the Mahrez of 15/16, but last year's Mahrez - not a problem.

When a player decides to leave, whether consciously or not, that player's levels drop.  It happened to Mahrez last year and I will always prefer to have  committed players.

Some things he's done such as his unnecessary public statement, his "Chelsea are a real club" comment and his absence in spirit if not body last year don't sit well with me.  We owe him nothing, we rescued him from LeHavre reserves and made him the player he is (or can be) and he's got a prem winners medal.

He will be a legend for his heroics in our championship year but his head has been turned and his leaving is in both his and our best interests as long as we get the right fee.

Look on the bright side - you could always go and support his new club!

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Comments over our little genius, sums up this forum really.Experts on here would have us now back in league 1.

All of you..!!!  Think very deep about this.Your soccer forum lives depend on it, your future credibilty is on the line.

The word is repent, and rethink you ideas on football players.

The negatives that have come over this forum, beggar the question, how many of you would recognise a

quality PL player, even if he fell out of the sky on top of your BBQ, while watching MOTD.

Incredible over this season, how every single player went through the whinger, and occasionally scraped over

the washboard.Not forgetting some were the same posters who couldnt say anything good over anyone during our

title winning season.

Every single one of you, would of missed Mahrez, Vardy, wouldnt of got a second glance, Albrighton would be playing,

in another shirt, DDrinkwater would of been ousted the year before.Well for Schmeichel would of already been exchanged,

for bobo Brexxit from the autowash.we should be thankfull, and by the grace of god go Leicester, that none of you

are on either the scouting staff and the wheel tappers and shunting staff selection commitee....

Ps.  The real  good guys n girls, I like....:scarf:

Wow, people with differing opinions on a football forum, how terrible.

16 minutes ago, murphy said:

We couldn't replace the Mahrez of 15/16, but last year's Mahrez - not a problem.

When a player decides to leave, whether consciously or not, that player's levels drop.  It happened to Mahrez last year and I will always prefer to have  committed players.

Some things he's done such as his unnecessary public statement, his "Chelsea are a real club" comment and his absence in spirit if not body last year don't sit well with me.  We owe him nothing, we rescued him from LeHavre reserves and made him the player he is (or can be) and he's got a prem winners medal.

He will be a legend for his heroics in our championship year but his head has been turned and his leaving is in both his and our best interests as long as we get the right fee.

Look on the bright side - you can always go and support his new club.

Wait to read too much in a conversation between two players. How can you know that he wasn't committed? Did you have a talk with him?

Was waiting for that cheap shot, since being new on this forum and rating Mahrez makes one automatically an algerian. Sorry to disappoint you, I'm not (hint: see location) and will be around next season. Took a liking in this team and will follow it a for a little while, Mahrez or not.

On the other hand being here for an eternity doesn't necessarily make one's opinion more legitimate or immune to post bullcrap from time to time.

It might be hard for you to believe, but one can appreciate a player's talent without being their countryman.

Archived