Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Mahrez has asked to leave

22 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If true, I suspect there is only one club where the owners would accept a lower fee and that's if Barca came in for him.  Add to that if we are demanding 50, we will take 42/44

Why would anyone accept a "lower fee" from Barca? They're in the top 3 earning clubs in the world, and can afford mega-bucks for the likes of Suarez or Neymar.

The list of requirements that we can speculative are probably true rule out a lot of people

- LCFC want big bucks, rules out cheapskates like Arsenal and a lot of teams abroad 

- Riyad *probably* wants CL football, again rules out Arsenal

- I think Riyad has previously said he doesn't want to go back to France? Rules out PSG, OM, Monaco. 

- He's a big risk for people like Barca, Bayern, big Italian clubs, as he's only really had 1 season at "world class" level

He'll get something sorted for sure but I think there will be compromise somewhere, and it'll likely come from the fee reducing :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's not going to go is he lol

No club will pay £30-£40mill for him and he ain't good enough to play for the likes of Barca, Madrid, Munich anyway.

PSG, Monaco, Lyon, Marseille, Atlético, ... There are other options.

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

PSG, Monaco, Lyon, Marseille, Atlético, ... There are other options.

Unless Simeone is leaving, there's not a chance in hell he'd go to Atleti. Or if he did, he'd be in the ressies within a month

45 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The list of requirements that we can speculative are probably true rule out a lot of people

- LCFC want big bucks, rules out cheapskates like Arsenal and a lot of teams abroad 

- Riyad *probably* wants CL football, again rules out Arsenal

- I think Riyad has previously said he doesn't want to go back to France? Rules out PSG, OM, Monaco. 

- He's a big risk for people like Barca, Bayern, big Italian clubs, as he's only really had 1 season at "world class" level

He'll get something sorted for sure but I think there will be compromise somewhere, and it'll likely come from the fee reducing :rolleyes:

Yes. 

Or we will see him swanning around on the KP pitch again, running up blind alleys, doing step overs and generally being pandered to, to keep him 'sweet'; all to the team's detriment as happened this last season.

The more i think about the situation the more I actually think he won't move.

As good a player as Mahrez is, I think it's evident that he has quite big ego. If for example Arsenal were to agree a fee with us, I think he'd still have a huge stumbling block to overcome regarding salary as I think he would expect to be one of the top earners particularly if one of Sanchez and Ozil is sold but the other signs a new contract on improved terms.

Considering both Sanchez and Ozil are looking for upwards of £250k p/w and that if one were to leave Mahrez would essentially be their replacement I can see his agents pushing for a figure in the same sort of bracket, however I can't see Arsenal paying him that sort of money particularly if they push the boat out in terms of transfer fee.

Of course I might be completely wrong but I just have a feeling that this might go the same way as Ulloa. Where that leaves both him and us after the dust has settled I really don't know.

3 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

As good a player as Mahrez is, I think it's evident that he has quite big ego. If for example Arsenal were to agree a fee with us, I think he'd still have a huge stumbling block to overcome regarding salary as I think he would expect to be one of the top earners particularly if one of Sanchez and Ozil is sold but the other signs a new contract on improved terms.

Considering both Sanchez and Ozil are looking for upwards of £250k p/w and that if one were to leave Mahrez would essentially be their replacement I can see his agents pushing for a figure in the same sort of bracket, however I can't see Arsenal paying him that sort of money particularly if they push the boat out in terms of transfer fee.

Of course I might be completely wrong but I just have a feeling that this might go the same way as Ulloa. Where that leaves both him and us after the dust has settled I really don't know.

Just thinking a month on his current wage was his transfer fee to us. If he pushes to double and someone pays it 2 weeks. Unbelievable signing for us.

MahrezMagic! is gone, whatever happens. Let's see what the replacements can do.

Edit: what about this obsession about club finances and revenues? It's gonna be a huge profit to the club however way the deals go. Or, is it only a desperate attempt to keep Mahrez from leaving?

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Unless Simeone is leaving, there's not a chance in hell he'd go to Atleti. Or if he did, he'd be in the ressies within a month

Atleti's transfer ban has been upheld so that rules them out on that front too. No new signings for them this summer at least. 

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

There's only PSG there that would potentially have the money to buy him.

Monaco have money at their disposal following the Bernard Silva transfer.

Marseille have a new, mega-rich American owner (Frank McCourt), Lyon may have a lot of cash available following a Lacazette move and Atlético the same with Griezmann.

EDIT: Atlético out of the equation, unless they successfully appeal the recent transfer ban.

1 hour ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Yes. 

Or we will see him swanning around on the KP pitch again, running up blind alleys, doing step overs and generally being pandered to, to keep him 'sweet'; all to the team's detriment as happened this last season.

And his own detriment. I think a lot of teams have been put off buying him simply for his lack of desire last season, and scouts watching him more closely would have seen that. If he wants a big move he has to prove his worth..again. Last season did him no favours, and all these fans from other clubs begging him to go there probably didn't see how poor he was on a weekly basis.

41 minutes ago, ian_marshall said:

He'll have a hissy fit and we'll end up taking £25/£30m plus a few poxy add ons.

11 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

And his own detriment. I think a lot of teams have been put off buying him simply for his lack of desire last season, and scouts watching him more closely would have seen that. If he wants a big move he has to prove his worth..again. Last season did him no favours, and all these fans from other clubs begging him to go there probably didn't see how poor he was on a weekly basis.

Exactly

he wants out bad..

===

Brilliant Algerian midfielder craves Champions League football but faces a battle with the Foxes' board to achieve his goal

By Geoff Sweet
1st June 2017, 9:55 am

RIYAD MAHREZ is concerned that his £40million price tag will put suitors Arsenal and Tottenham off.

The attacking Algerian midfielder wants Leicester City to lower the fee as he looks to move on from last year’s Premier League champions. The Foxes are demanding a minimum of £40m for the 26-year-old.

31 minutes ago, Babylon said:

He'll have a hissy fit and we'll end up taking £25/£30m plus a few poxy add ons.

don't mind off-loading him for 36M ..giving the Arse a discount of 4M quids

Seen this posted on one of the fan groups last night. Pretty sensible post.. Mahrez asking us to lower the price tells me one thing. There's one club interested and they can't afford/dont want to pay that amount of money 

Screenshot_20170531-215532.png

Archived