Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Would you still want Mahrez as a City player?

It's the same situation West Ham had with Payet.. You can't hold on to a player who wants to go!.. 

What's the point?..  Mahrez sulked alot of the time last season so can you imagine what he'd be like if we stopped him joining the likes of Barcelona!! 

In an ideal world I would want Mahrez to stay and who wouldn't? Unfortunately it appears he wants to go and with some of his performances this season, you could argue that he's not wanted to be here for most of the season.

If people are criticising his performances this season, if he's still here by the end of August, how bad do you think his performances will be then?

Player power means that he will go. We may not get what we want in terms of a transfer fee but it's surely better for squad harmony than to keep a sulking player on the books.

7 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Absolutely. Even more so if we get a decent CAM and a RB capable of supporting him. 

I know Simo doesn't offer much going forward but Simo has had a quality season. Mahrez offers nothing defensively especially when you compare it to the support Fuchs gets, giving Mahrez the freedom is more than enough support from RB tbf. 

If we had a RB bombing forward with Mahrez playing we will get massively exposed defensively. 

Mahrez may think he is pulling the strings at the minute but unless a club doesn't come in with an offer that matches our valuation he isn't going anywhere. 

If he sulks, he doesn't play and ends up and expensive reserve player for the remainder of his contract, little opportunity of European football/big club move after that or he knuckles down and plays like he did in champions league to prove he is worth our valuation. 

Id still want Mahrez playing for us and will be happy to see him playing next season. Who knows what the clubs ambitions are or how well we are going to perform, another high flying season and he may decide against the idea of moving away. 

2 hours ago, EGBFitness said:

Mahrez may think he is pulling the strings at the minute but unless a club doesn't come in with an offer that matches our valuation he isn't going anywhere. 

If he sulks, he doesn't play and ends up and expensive reserve player for the remainder of his contract, little opportunity of European football/big club move after that or he knuckles down and plays like he did in champions league to prove he is worth our valuation. 

Id still want Mahrez playing for us and will be happy to see him playing next season. Who knows what the clubs ambitions are or how well we are going to perform, another high flying season and he may decide against the idea of moving away. 

thats not going to happen 16 million for the next 3 years

3 hours ago, murphy said:

If we don't get the right offer then he has to stay.  Whether he plays or not is up to him.

I agree but I can't trust him to do what's required nor do I  trust shakes Shakes to o the right thing and drop him.

In which case we will have a repeat of last season which is totally unacceptable. 

Personally think we should do what we can to keep him. He says he's ambitious so let's go and make some waves in transfer market to show we are also ambitious. We don't need the money we need players. But he would need to commit and pull his finger out work ethic wise.

I'd let him go for the right price........... But it would hurt if he stayed in the Premier League

Have a thought for the dressing room if you've got your star player sulking in the corner or disrupting the team spirit.

We want players who want to play for the club, shirt and the fans. Hopefully we both get what we want.

7 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I wouldn't say so. 

If if he wants to be here then yes maybe you have a point. It's a question of attitude.

Would I prefer 30 million or more  in the bank or the incredible sulk probably playing worse than he did this term never mind  15/16, that seems a pretty obvious to me. No point having someone hell bent on leaving.

This but £40-£50 million minimum please

4 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

We might of got 40 before he told the whole world he wanted out, 5-10 million off the asking price straight away.

Correct, and he wants out so what's the point. Even if no one gives that amount and he stays I bet he would perform better till Christmas and be gone in Jan anyway.

Lets build on what we know we have and accept 30plus

I'm really torn on this.

I've been his biggest fan and backed him to the hilt this season, even when many on here were putting the dagger in.

But on reflection he's really pissed me off putting that statement out there.

Of course we all want the Mahrez of 15/16 to turn up every match, but I'm not sure he's done himself many favours by going public.

If we don't get the money we want, we could end up with him sulking and swinging the lead - which is bad for team spirit.

I can't see how we're ever going to get the best out of him again, even if he was to stay. If his heart isn't in it I don't see how he'll perform to his maximum potential.

The club can't win either way really and even if we do get a reasonable amount for him, Rudkin will still inevitably get hammered for it.

The whole scenario is all a bit shit really and I can't see any positives in it. 

12 hours ago, Matt said:

Course I would.

However:

•Do I think he needs to buck his ideas up? Yes.

•Does he need to improve (performance and attitude)? Yes.

•Is he droppable? Based on last season's form yes.

At the end of the day if I were in a buying clubs shoes would I be happy paying more than £25 - £35m? No. Do we want more than that, £40 - £50m? Yes.

So I can see a stalemate and we don't need to sell, other than having an unhappy player on our books but in that situation Mahrez needs to grit his teeth, knuckle down, get on with it, have a good season for us, like we know he can then buying clubs might be interested at the price we're asking and he'll get his move.

Based purely on last seasons form 25/35m not a chance in hell.18/20m tops.

I'm not even sure we'll get any offers. Who's going to pay him 100k+ a week after last season

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

I'm not even sure we'll get any offers. Who's going to pay him 100k+ a week after last season

Then he has to stay.  

If we sell him for a Musa type fee we might aswell advertise to the world that we are the most spineless soft touch joke of a club going.   Other clubs would be queuing up to have our pants down.

12 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I wonder what will happen with his BMW?  lol

No big team in Europe will come in for him imo.  As for what he said, or what he was told to say, I still think it's left a bitter taste.  I can't see everyone welcoming him back at the beginning of next season.  Of course, if he puts a shift in week in week out this will all be forgotten.

I can take it :ph34r:

4 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

thats not going to happen 16 million for the next 3 years

Maybe won't but the club need to not roll over and just let him walk away for cheap. Mahrez won't want to sit in a reserved for the next 3 years either. 

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

Well, agreed, can't argue with you really I was being positive (on his behalf) saying £25 - £35m in fear (not fear, I don't really care what people think but I can't think of a better word) of people arguing, discrediting it, etc, but you've been brutally honest and I agree.

Archived