Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Would you still want Mahrez as a City player?

I wonder what will happen with his BMW?  lol

No big team in Europe will come in for him imo.  As for what he said, or what he was told to say, I still think it's left a bitter taste.  I can't see everyone welcoming him back at the beginning of next season.  Of course, if he puts a shift in week in week out this will all be forgotten.

of course i'd still want him and i'd hope he would be professional in his attitude.  players always express feelings that they want to win things and play somewhere else after all they are only human, i mean who hasn't expressed feelings that they would like to work somewhere else or move to a bigger company. i just want him to give his all while he  is here and show why other clubs are interested in him 

42 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Yes but bench him and bring him on for the last half hour until he proves that he is honestly the best player in that position that we have. The 16/17 Mahrez should have been dropped.

lol Dropped because he didn't reach the heights of 15/16?

@Demoox posted some general highlights of Mahrez this season, and he wasn't terrible in retrospect.  Just a shame he didn't reach the same heights he did in the title winning season. But really, who did except maybe Kasper?

2 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He's already thrown his toys out of the pram by publicly announcing he wants to leave - that should've been between him and the club if he wanted to do things correctly.

Then asking, again in the public domain, for the club to reduce the fee. (Which could cost the club multiple millions of £s as a result).

Build the team around him?

Pander to him for another two seasons?

That is no way to run a successful football team in this day and age ffs.

I think you're overreacting a bit. I completely agree that he shouldn't have made that announcement in the way he did, but I think it's naivety egged on by his agent. Think he probably had good intentions to be clear with fans (which he states), but still shouldn't have done it.

That's not the same thing as throwing toys out of the pram, IMHO.

I also don't think it's pandering. If you want to keep your best people in any job, you make sure they're happy, and let them feel important. A team built around Mahrez benefits us too you know.

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

All hypothetical, I know, but if we now don't sell Mahrez would you still be happy to see him performing week-in, week-out in a City shirt.

The player has been honest and publically stated he wants out. Which I commend him for. It's in the open and there's no confusion.

But he HAS stated he don't want to be here anymore.. ..

If we get no realistic offers, are you going to be happy with him staying?

Opinions please.

No... 

Get rid! 

34 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Anyone who says no is a complete and utter moron.

I wouldn't say so. 

If if he wants to be here then yes maybe you have a point. It's a question of attitude.

Would I prefer 30 million or more  in the bank or the incredible sulk probably playing worse than he did this term never mind  15/16, that seems a pretty obvious to me. No point having someone hell bent on leaving.

1 minute ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I'd rather he stayed at Leicester 

I think you may get your wish. As others have stated above, there may well not be any clubs willing to meet our valuation. If they don't, I can't see the owners bowing to pressure. He could well be here next season.

9 minutes ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I wouldn't say so. 

If if he wants to be here then yes maybe you have a point. It's a question of attitude.

Would I prefer 30 million or more  in the bank or the incredible sulk probably playing worse than he did this term never mind  15/16, that seems a pretty obvious to me. No point having someone hell bent on leaving.

if we sell this seasons Mahrez for £30m i'd be happy.

if he ends up being last season's Mahrez for someone else, especially in the prem, I'd be unhappy to say the least.

at the end of the day its not worth keeping someone mardy here who's gonna upset the team spirit - players know they have the power when they want to leave they will likely leave

Of course. I still want him to stay. However, I want the Riyad who doesn't go on to the pitch with the what if factor. If he stays, he needs to clear his head and decide, ok, I want a big move, the only way I get a big move is to play wel for Leicester. It's not rocket science. 

On the same note, if he does stay and we line him up next to Okazaki and do not significantly invest, we deserve to lose him.

I don't get the question.

What Leicester fan wouldn't want the Mahrez of 2015/16? Of course they would.

The argument is whether we will ever see that Mahrez again. Considering he was 'convinced' to stay last summer and put in a season of limp performances and looked like he didn't want to be here, I'd suggest we won't.

It's in everyone's best interests that he leaves.

2 hours ago, Redouane said:

lol Dropped because he didn't reach the heights of 15/16?

@Demoox posted some general highlights of Mahrez this season, and he wasn't terrible in retrospect.  Just a shame he didn't reach the same heights he did in the title winning season. But really, who did except maybe Kasper?

Great video and a stark reminder for all the fans with short term memories. His assists could have resulted in 10+ goals this season had it not been for poor finishing.

Note Gray at 10:39mins...

If he's half the player next season that he was during the title run, we will be on the verge of Europa League. If he's the player he was during the title run, we're CL contenders.

You can't say that you don't want him in a City shirt, unless he's going to be Payet. He's not Payet. I won't begrudge him a move, but I'll be happy to see him stay provided he puts in shifts.

3 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

I don't get the question.

What Leicester fan wouldn't want the Mahrez of 2015/16? Of course they would.

The argument is whether we will ever see that Mahrez again. Considering he was 'convinced' to stay last summer and put in a season of limp performances and looked like he didn't want to be here, I'd suggest we won't.

It's in everyone's best interests that he leaves.

Unfortunately there a few who are glad this happened as they have never like him apparently which to me is craziness to be honest! what is not to love about the guy!

It reminds me of spoiled children lol they will realise what they have lost when he has gone 

Here is some controversy Mahrez 14/15, 15/16 and 16/17 would be a yes all day from me - he is the most talented player we have!!

However, we should be improving the starting 11 so he is not the only match winner and has more ball with other creative options or threats. Then if he does not perform he should be dropped like any other player but any City Fan who does not want players of the quality of Riyad Mahrez is absolutely barmy, spoilt and clueless imo

We are LCFC and to strive for Top 8 consistently we need top drawer players and we only have 2 or 3 of those

3 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I wonder what will happen with his BMW?  lol

No big team in Europe will come in for him imo.  As for what he said, or what he was told to say, I still think it's left a bitter taste.  I can't see everyone welcoming him back at the beginning of next season.  Of course, if he puts a shift in week in week out this will all be forgotten.

Some very sensitive people on this forum, or guys who just want to see only negatives.

I dont see or read anything in his statement, that could be adjudged incorrect in his position...

22 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

if we sell this seasons Mahrez for £30m i'd be happy.

if he ends up being last season's Mahrez for someone else, especially in the prem, I'd be unhappy to say the least.

at the end of the day its not worth keeping someone mardy here who's gonna upset the team spirit - players know they have the power when they want to leave they will likely leave

The guys quality. If he joined a 'top 4' club he'd get 15+ goals and 10+ assists 

Archived