Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Would you still want Mahrez as a City player?

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Then he has to stay.  

If we sell him for a Musa type fee we might aswell advertise to the world that we are the most spineless soft touch joke of a club going.   Other clubs would be queuing up to have our pants down.

I never said we would sell him for 18/20m. I said based on last seasons form that's all he's worth.

Infact if we went in for a player that played like mahrez did last season this place would melt down.

Forget the fee people would be hoping mad because we where in for him. 18/20m rudkin would be a cvnt and should be sacked. 25/35m the above and shakey is a cvnt and should never have been given the managers job.

The question asked was, would the fans back him if he stayed after he has made it known that he wanted to leave the football club?

Well, Leo Alloa did worse than that, he actually said that he would never play for Leicester City again, but he was never barracked/booed by the fans when he did come off the bench to take part in the game. Provided the fans can see that Mahrez is giving off his best, then I can't see him getting grief from the crowd.

One of the best players to play for this club, probably the best in the last 15-20 years, I'd welcome him if he stayed.

He's had it tough this season with almost two/ three players always around him, which is why it's been an ineffective season for him, although to be at the very top level you have to cope with that. 

He's a player that is impossible to replace and I don't think we'll ever see a player like that again, who at the end of the day is a match winner who can make all the difference. You pay top money for players like him.

If he does go, all the best and thanks for the memories.

10 hours ago, sylofox said:

Based purely on last seasons form 25/35m not a chance in hell.18/20m tops.

I'm not even sure we'll get any offers. Who's going to pay him 100k+ a week after last season

How about a 6 month/ 1 season loan where someone's pays the wages, 2 things will happen he will either be a star an thus transfer fee increases, or not good enough for a top team in which case he comes back with his tail between his legs an a point to prove?

Team harmony is also not affected an give Gray a few games to see if he can make a step up also.

On 02/06/2017 at 08:08, Col city fan said:

All hypothetical, I know, but if we now don't sell Mahrez would you still be happy to see him performing week-in, week-out in a City shirt.

The player has been honest and publically stated he wants out. Which I commend him for. It's in the open and there's no confusion.

But he HAS stated he don't want to be here anymore.. ..

If we get no realistic offers, are you going to be happy with him staying?

Opinions please.

I want a better job than I have. I want better conditions and want to be paid more. My work know this and have previously sorted out packages to keep me. I'll look again this summer for a role that meets my ambitions though if I'm not offered one I'll stay put - maybe on a new deal and they'll still be lucky to have me and I'll just have to pull up trees to evidence my brilliance and worth and try and get a move next year. 

See, SL & RM aren't so different after all!

19 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

I want a better job than I have. I want better conditions and want to be paid more. My work know this and have previously sorted out packages to keep me. I'll look again this summer for a role that meets my ambitions though if I'm not offered one I'll stay put - maybe on a new deal and they'll still be lucky to have me and I'll just have to pull up trees to evidence my brilliance and worth and try and get a move next year. 

See, SL & RM aren't so different after all!

My image of Nick at work:

:P

B4838C69-33B6-4114-860C-35393959ACD9-290-000000119FF80754.jpeg

There's only one way Mahrez would have my support again if he were to stay.

First, he would have to honestly apologize for issuing his mind-boggingly stupid public statement, claiming he wants to leave the club this summer.

Then he'd have to fully commit to the club again, followed by more consistent and less sulky/egoistical displays on the pitch and a return to former glory, e.g. the Riyad Mahrez of 2015/2016.

In addition to that, he may well think of replacing his agent.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

There's only one way Mahrez would have my support again if he were to stay.

First, he would have to honestly apologize for issuing his mind-boggingly stupid public statement, claiming he wants to leave the club this summer.

Then he'd have to fully commit to the club again, followed by more consistent and less sulky/egoistical displays on the pitch and a return to former glory, e.g. the Riyad Mahrez of 2015/2016.

In addition to that, he may well think of replacing his agent.

It's the modern game and let's not forget we begged them for one more year and made them promises... he owes us nothing in fairness.

1 minute ago, Swan Lesta said:

It's the modern game and let's not forget we begged them for one more year and made them promises... he owes us nothing in fairness.

He stayed for one more year yes, .. But gave very little!.. Poor attitude.. 

Get him gone. 

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Has this actually ever been confirmed? I see Moksky has alluded to such, but also said that Mahrez "wanted to stay and help in the Champions League".

You don't give a "marquee" player a (deserved) contract extension until 2020, only for the player to call it quits after a quarter of that period and after having put in more half-hearted than decent performances in the league. Mahrez has let a few people down with that move.

23 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

He does, he owes the club a years wages because he didn't earn then. He couldn't even be bothered to turn up to work on time.

12 hours ago, sylofox said:

Based purely on last seasons form 25/35m not a chance in hell.18/20m tops.

I'm not even sure we'll get any offers. Who's going to pay him 100k+ a week after last season

Still think he's definitely worth north of £25m, even £30 million based purely on the madness that is the English market and imho there's a very good chance someone will pay that. There's no way he's only worth £18m-£20m based on the fact that the likes of Jordan Ibe, Scott Hogan and Ross McCormack are moving for circa £15m and they are vastly inferior players. 

I do agree with your second point though, his wages are massively restrictive. It pretty much leaves Arsenal as his only option as continental clubs are unlikely to pay him that. They're probably the most likely to pay £25m+ too, that's why I'm convinced he'll end up there, sadly.

No. It really is time for him to move on for his sake and the clubs. Its time to freshen things up. Gray can step up and we have Harvey Barnes in the fold plus 50 million hopefully to spend on strengthening. This will honestly be a positive move for all.

3 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

No. It really is time for him to move on for his sake and the clubs. Its time to freshen things up. Gray can step up and we have Harvey Barnes in the fold plus 50 million hopefully to spend on strengthening. This will honestly be a positive move for all.

Well, it will only be a positive move if we invest the money well on quality players. If not, we will be worse for it as there are question marks over grays end product and Harvey has only played regularly in league 1.

42 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Has this actually ever been confirmed? I see Moksky has alluded to such, but also said that Mahrez "wanted to stay and help in the Champions League".

You don't give a "marquee" player a (deserved) contract extension until 2020, only for the player to call it quits after a quarter of that period and after having put in more half-hearted than decent performances in the league. Mahrez has let a few people down with that move.

Raneiri was on camera several times saying he had asked his star players to give the club one more year.... 

50 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Nah, even the remote me knew all along about the one-year gentleman's agreement. Let's not spin it now. It's really him who is being let down by few people now (with Ranieri gone).

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Raneiri was on camera several times saying he had asked his star players to give the club one more year.... 

With Ranieri gone halfway through the season, that meant being allowed to let the club down. Wonderful. :D

Most players managed to turn back to what they were in May 2016, only a handful just couldn't cope.

3 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Nah, even the remote me knew all along about the one-year gentleman's agreement. Let's not spin it now. It's really him who is being let down by few people now (with Ranieri gone).

Yeah, let's just not give a rat's ass any longer because one man is gone. Even disregarding the fact that it were other people who made that start possible at the club (way before Ranieri came along)

Whatever fits your agenda, I guess.

All players make mistakes both on and off the field. This could be an Agent based action.

At the end of the day he still has something to offer Leicester City if he is prepared to knuckle down and forget about where is future might lie.

1 minute ago, MC Prussian said:

Yeah, let's just not give a rat's ass any longer because one man is gone. Even disregarding the fact that it were other people who made that start possible at the club (way before Ranieri came along)

Whatever fits your agenda, I guess.

Huh .. I can't understand what you are talking about except that you're using bad wording.

3 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

With Ranieri gone halfway through the season, that meant being allowed to let the club down. Wonderful. :D

Most players managed to turn back to what they were in May 2016, only a handful just couldn't cope.

Sure. Chill. He hasn't played as well as well no doubt. For the record, he can go for me but I want £40 million or he can stay where he is! 

29 minutes ago, MattCan said:

Huh .. I can't understand what you are talking about except that you're using bad wording.

I'd like to think I'm being quite coherent, but thanks. :D

Unless it's you being ironic with the gentleman's agreement part earlier on.

Archived