Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 18

I've got Ronaldo edition and still haven't even touched Ultimate Team lol 

Only got that because it was part of a good deal.

I'm in division 6 on seasons, got straight titles, I started quite badly but have since discovered Leipzig and slap most of the sides in my path. They are superb on this.

57 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I swear half these teams on Squad Battles arent real. Especially when someones team is bringing on Henry and Ronaldo as subs. Already had Rui and Ferdinand rest of the team was average at best.

I think it's based on who people have in their clubs/squad rather than actual teams

37 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've got Ronaldo edition and still haven't even touched Ultimate Team lol 

Only got that because it was part of a good deal.

I'm in division 6 on seasons, got straight titles, I started quite badly but have since discovered Leipzig and slap most of the sides in my path. They are superb on this.

Normally spank people with Leicester because I know the players. Lazio were the team for me last year. Shame the standard on seasons has dropped so much

7 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Normally spank people with Leicester because I know the players. Lazio were the team for me last year. Shame the standard on seasons has dropped so much

I struggle with Leicester but that's because our formation is as ineffective on there as it is in real life and I've had very little success when I've changed from the original formation. I'd played my mate 12 times, beaten him 9 and drawn 3, I used Spurs, changed formation to something totally different and he beat me 3-0.

Seen this video about 'legacy defending' in the controller menu where you can just hold down 'X' on the controller and your player will just go straight for the ball instead of containing the AI. Anybody actually tried this? Apparently it's a game changer. 

On 13/10/2017 at 01:07, GeorgeTheFox said:

From top to bottom:

60,50 organised

60,40,70 free form

55,65,40 cover

Working absolute wonders for me in a 4312/4321 formation. I haven't set any individual player instructions however

Mine is pretty much the same but I have preasure at 40 as I prefer my defenders to sit a bit deeper, have all my defence/ midfielders on stay back my cam on stay forward and my 2 sets sf/get in behind/press back line 

1 hour ago, buzzer_b said:

Seen this video about 'legacy defending' in the controller menu where you can just hold down 'X' on the controller and your player will just go straight for the ball instead of containing the AI. Anybody actually tried this? Apparently it's a game changer. 

Its very hit and miss for me.

Can work really well one game then awful the next but I reckon its becuase im just getting used to it

In past games, not moving the defence and just using my midfielders to intercept worked really well. In this one, im having to learn contain, teammate contain and improve jockeying. Its going to take a long time to master

3 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

I always use legacy defending when playing the AI finished elite 2 in week 1 missing about 10 games, elite 1 last week and should finish elite 1 this week. It makes it a lot easier to defend the key is knowing which player to switch too.

4 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Why do that though when it goes back to normal defending online? :dunno:

22 minutes ago, LCFCtotheprem said:

Do people reckon that SBC kane is worth it? Reckon I could just about afford it

Not if you could 'just' about afford it, as obviously it's untradeable, then you'll be stuck if you don't like him.

Have you used the regular Kane? I had him and found him crap.

45 minutes ago, glenny_fox said:

Not if you could 'just' about afford it, as obviously it's untradeable, then you'll be stuck if you don't like him.

Have you used the regular Kane? I had him and found him crap.

He actually has the highest goal ratio outside the expensive players in the premier league, surprising because of his slow pace 

1 hour ago, deejdeej said:

Renato Sanches is incredible in this game, also I've sold Jesus and bought Benteke with a hunter card and he's so much better for me. Strange.

Sanches is great to bring on as a sub.

But for me Cazorla is the man, his 5 star weak foot is like gold dust.

He scores all types of goals. And general play is great.

On 13/10/2017 at 18:06, Ashley said:

I swear half these teams on Squad Battles arent real. Especially when someones team is bringing on Henry and Ronaldo as subs. Already had Rui and Ferdinand rest of the team was average at best.

I think they're loan cards. Most high rated players are available in the catalogue or through The Journey.