Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

12 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Thought he was lively today and wanted to be part of it.

But was quite disappointed in him missing that chance towards the end when it went wide when he was in a good central position.

15 hours ago, hejammy said:

As good as he was today, there are still 2 complaints that I have, firstly, I wish his decision making was slightly better, 2 opportunities to pass to vardy today and he was 1 on 1, and he didn't pass to him. Secondly... Well I think we all know what this is going to be... What was he thinking? Seriously.... 

Re his decision making, he has 3 goals and 4 assists this season. Same as Ozil, one less than Pogba and and Coutinho. Then you've got the amount of chances he sets up or moves he starts, like the sublime over the top ball to Vardy yesterday. I'd argue that he sometimes seems to miss more chances or look greedier because of the fact he makes so many more chances for himself. He's the only guy in the team that really consistently creates openings for himself with the ball at his feet. 

• Like 1

4 assists don't tell the whole story when you see that he had 3-4 indirect assists this season.

he is a joy to watch, but watching him play at that level is bittersweet. you are happy that he is playing great but sad that those same preformances are pushing him away little by little out of the club. it's like eating your favourite food, it taste amazing, but after every bite you feel sad that the dish is almost over.. oh well, that's life i guess

• Like 3

6 hours ago, the fox said:

4 assists don't tell the whole story when you see that he had 3-4 indirect assists this season.

he is a joy to watch, but watching him play at that level is bittersweet. you are happy that he is playing great but sad that those same preformances are pushing him away little by little out of the club. it's like eating your favourite food, it taste amazing, but after every bite you feel sad that the dish is almost over.. oh well, that's life i guess

Maybe, but I'm not sure we'll sell in January and the asking price certainly won't have dipped below the £50m mark since the summer- will anyone want to pay it after the inconsistency he's shown? I'm not so sure.

39 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Didn't the Daily Mail article the other day say pretty much that?

I thought the article only mentioned the club being obstructive.

Perhaps he's referring to the fallout from his agent encouraging him to make his statements? 

I am a big admirer of Mahrez - with his ups and downs. However the media is fuelling his desire to play for a "big team". This brings a couple of issues to mind: He was part of a great team in 15/16 and it is too easy to "jump ship" if things turn against you.

Mahrez was an integral part of the success - but also of our bad 1. season af after being crowned champions. He can be part of a great team again (Leicester) but needs to step up to the plate as he has done lately. Secondly he is still under contract and can have all the wishes he wants - he is in principle bound until it expires - or management decide to sell at the price he is valued - no less (Roma, Arsenal, Tottenham and others.......).

He gladly (supposedly) signed a 100.000 a week contract when things were rosy - so should also take responsibility when things are not. 

I think Mahrez and all other players expect to receive their handsome weekly pay cheque. It is not reduced when they don´t perform so they should of course honour their signed contract and stop signalling "want away". They made the decision to sign - nobody else!

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

Maybe, but I'm not sure we'll sell in January and the asking price certainly won't have dipped below the £50m mark since the summer- will anyone want to pay it after the inconsistency he's shown? I'm not so sure.

If Mahrez had something of a competent 2016/17 season he would have been gone 5/6 months ago.

Was on easy street last year thinking he was on his way out but you've always had the impression since the champions league ended that he's wanted out.

He's played like a man determined to get the move since the Swansea game (He wasnt far off a goal against West Brom either). At 26 going on 27 early next year it might be a case of now or never to move to one of the giants. He's improved but I'm not in any way swayed by it and how he could be vital for us. I'd expect him to go somewhere else in January. 

Its bad form that he appears to be so dismissive of Leicester. He wants to have his cake and eat it. You'd think it was like Finney being blocked by Preston leaving to play in Italy.

We rarely if ever hear anything directly from Mahrez - very shy almost silent  unless there happens to be football nearby and then things change.

The mans a very special talent \I think we can enjoy his work for the rest of this season and then  may have to watch from a distance.

Its been a pleasure regardless,

8 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

i'm worried about are the champions league team that are in need for a RW. a player who can score, assist and dribble. and on the top of my head i can think of barca, united, spurs and chelsea. teams will be desperate in the winter transfers and i don't think 50 million will stop them

Really hope Puell and Leicester City pulls out all the stops to Keep our Little Algerian Wizard as when he’s on form he’s unstoppable and oozes class, but when he loses his charm he can be awful but really hoping Puell can keep him in a winning frame of mind a mind set that can rip defences apart and score wonderful amazing goals like the beauty against The Spuds and set up his team mates along the way with some amazing assists!!

Mahrez at his best can help us win nearly any game really hoping our little Algerian Fox stays sharp goal hungry and at his best for the rest of the season, so long as he’s wearing the shirt of Leicester City !!?. :scarf:

• Thanks 1

Sometimes he just puzzles me, you see him kill a cross field ball dead or take it into his stride and be on the move and then he gets a relatively simple pass on the edge of our box and he can’t control it. :mellow:

Would hate him to leave. 

He may well get a few offers in Jan but I can't see the owners authorising a sale then. Especially if we're fighting for an EL spot at the time which is likely. I also don't think they would willingly risk our season imploding and dipping our toes back in the relegation zone in case missing Mahrez has the same effect as losing Kante did. We know he has 2.5 years left on his contract with no release clause, I wouldn't be surprised to see him stay another 1.5 years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Nope.

i can say that just in the PL, there are 3 CL teams that need a player who can create, take players on and score from te right side, thats chelsea, spurs and united. he can play in te champions league and united's team will be far better with him on the side