Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

Haha lots of people looking at the past through the rose tinted glasses of nostalgia!

If Worthington and Weller were really that good how come they only managed 12 England caps between them? How come Davie Gibson only had 7 caps for the mighty footballing nation of Scotland?

Look lads I know you enjoyed the 70s and I'm sure they were very decent players but better technically than Riyad? Come of it! Think some of you obviously had too many phycadelic drugs back in the 70's

Back in the 70's only yes men got in the England team. W and W weren't . Same with Bowles, Hudson etc.
In the 60's very few Scottish players ,South of the border got any caps.

Sent from my Fusion5_108 (16GB) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll tell you my little secret, and something I will argue until my grave.
Weller IMHO was has good as G.Best, if not better because his career was/lasted longer.
Definitely The best English player, I have ever seen, that never got, but should have seen at least 50caps.
Worthington, the best skillfull N09.Again should of seen 30caps plus.
Davie Gibson and his Scottish position competitor Johnny White, (Spurs) again should of seen easy 30 scottish caps,
Both pure genius...
When I think of the dross that have had more than 20caps for either England or Scotland, and those mentioned above were not given 25 caps between them...
Johnny White incidently was killed by lightening, after trying to shelter under a tree, against rain and lightening...peak of his career..He kept Gibson out of the Scottish side, where many would of loved to see both in the same team...I am English, but in those days the Scots really did have some cracking players, that Spurs side nicked the title FA cup from us..Thanks to the Scots..

Well said!
Weller and Wortho! Both would have got many more caps IF they were from Brazil!

Sent from my Fusion5_108 (16GB) using Tapatalk

superb strike by Riyad.

but If I were Pochettino I would be hammering Vermaelen for letting him do the one thing you know he always wants to do, as soon as he turned his back on Mahrez the only question was would he get the shot on target

I thought he put in a real shift yesterday. Tracked back and nullified Rose a lot. His goal was sublime but it showed how and where he is at his best. He needs to receive the ball further up the pitch and quicker. He's been getting it either in his own half or just inside the opponents half and without true raw pace he's left with not enough options and quite often no decent forward passing options. Yes he should release the ball more but get him in the type of positions he was in for the goal last night and he is almost unstoppable. Losing Kante has meant that we haven't broken up the opponent's play high enough up the pitch nor moved the ball quick enough to benefit from the strongpoints in Mahrez's game.

Some of his control last night was excellent.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

The Mahrez haters need to sit in a darkened room and watch that goal against spurs on a constant loop until they accept that he’s a special talent and a vital member of our team. 

Nah, it was obviously pure luck, blatantly shinned it  :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Hes ours, I want that he stays ours...He'll have good...bad,,,, genius moments.

Hes a luxury, also hes a must, if we want those diamond sparkling moments, through some labourous

games. I wont moan if he goes, I will be sad, we couldnt entice him to, stay, but be  thankfull he played in our colours,

wearing our badge.

Some of his bad games were poor coaching expectations....fk his defending!!!!  ,98% of his game is poetic movement

when surging forward, putting real fear into the defending team.

alot of pathetic unbalanced critic, mostly out of frustration, because even it the title season, his talent and potential,

missed 2-3 quality players around him, that could give him time-out, then provide consistent quality service in the

front 3rd of the pitch instead of him always having to pick up, move the ball from too deep.

That said his pearl of goal last night he started himself , 2-4 meters from our own penalty box.

Hes made mistakes during games, but hey!! We dont employ robots...though this forum seem very droning-automated,

when they decide to hack him off...too many macho-male bitches, who love their own negatives..

We have 2 superstars in Vardy and Mahrez, despite the lack of consistent clean service, they still have excellent scoring

records.plus leave behind regular sweet memories, of suculent, salvating moves, some with assists, or

some that just simply remain in the memory.

like Weller, before him, I would love to see him, look at Leicester and give us his major career time...

Then city invest in players who see and are open to that consistent forward/frontfoot  movement.

Gray could well be one piece of that expansion, but we need 3 playing midfielders, with quality cover,

who can smoothly glide into the team, giving us plan B + C.

IMO, there is a middle-ground to be found, between where we are now, and what the big clubs dish out

for their squads.Accept we cant do business at their financial level, but with  frugel and wise investment,

Puels reign could see us still playing at the higher levels

We up our midfield quality, that allows us hold higher defensive lines with intent and purpose, if Mahrez allows us to carry on seeing

+ using his special Talent ,he and Vardy will deliver even higher  consistency and special memories...

• Like 4

On 28/11/2017 at 07:14, jayfox26 said:

I'm also slightly confused that you feel that Mahrez's 2 goals and 4 assists (oh sorry and 2 forced own goals) equate to him having a good season but vardy scoring 6 equates to him having a "horrid season". Vardy also got an assist against west ham and I'm not sure if he has other assists as I don't delve into the stats as much as you. So mahrez has been involved in 8 goals if you include the 2 own goals and Vardy has been involved in at least 7. Yeh definitely shows a difference in their performance levels this season. 

Now it’s been 4 goals ! 4 assist.  2 forced goal for 19 Leicester’s Goals 

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Hes ours, I want that he stays ours...He'll have good...bad,,,, genius moments.

Hes a luxury, also hes a must, if we want those diamond sparkling moments, through some labourous

games. I wont moan if he goes, I will be sad, we couldnt entice him to, stay, but be  thankfull he played in our colours,

wearing our badge.

Some of his bad games were poor coaching expectations....fk his defending!!!!  ,98% of his game is poetic movement

when surging forward, putting real fear into the defending team.

alot of pathetic unbalanced critic, mostly out of frustration, because even it the title season, his talent and potential,

missed 2-3 quality players around him, that could give him time-out, then provide consistent quality service in the

front 3rd of the pitch instead of him always having to pick up, move the ball from too deep.

That said his pearl of goal last night he started himself , 2-4 meters from our own penalty box.

Hes made mistakes during games, but hey!! We dont employ robots...though this forum seem very droning-automated,

when they decide to hack him off...too many macho-male bitches, who love their own negatives..

We have 2 superstars in Vardy and Mahrez, despite the lack of consistent clean service, they still have excellent scoring

records.plus leave behind regular sweet memories, of suculent, salvating moves, some with assists, or

some that just simply remain in the memory.

like Weller, before him, I would love to see him, look at Leicester and give us his major career time...

Then city invest in players who see and are open to that consistent forward/frontfoot  movement.

Gray could well be one piece of that expansion, but we need 3 playing midfielders, with quality cover,

who can smoothly glide into the team, giving us plan B + C.

IMO, there is a middle-ground to be found, between where we are now, and what the big clubs dish out

for their squads.Accept we cant do business at their financial level, but with  frugel and wise investment,

Puels reign could see us still playing at the higher levels

We up our midfield quality, that allows us hold higher defensive lines with intent and purpose, if Mahrez allows us to carry on seeing

+ using his special Talent ,he and Vardy will deliver even higher  consistency and special memories...

I feel the same.  I hope ryhad will want to stay... he is great and flawed... but he is worth it.

The spurs bench had real quality.  While our has a paucity.  We need to clear out even at fire sale prices... and use the money to buy a trad centre fwd and a creative playe for starters....as i am not sure gray will knuckle down.

Last night gray was the loser.... albrighton was terrific.... mahrez kept rose busy and still scored a great goal.  Shinji was at his  shinji best.  Gray made no impact on arrival.  He must work on his game

• Like 1

18 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I think you just have to accept that he’s a very talented but inconsistent player. Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous but when he’s on it he’s a different class. Vardy is the more important player imo though

36 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Calling Vardy a one trick pony is a very swift way to lose an argument and respect. 

Spot on.  JV is irreplaceable and without him we would be blunt up front.  He could have gone ..  he stayed.   As for Riyad ...  Puel is starting to make good progress with him and we should all be happy with how things are progressing ...    when the boys on blob he is an absolute pleasure to watch.  Even Gray was looking to pass the ball when a shot may have been the best option !! ...    Happy days ...     :scarf:

to be honest Mahrez was the worst player on the pitch until he scored. Most of his touches were backwards to players who had opposition players within 3m. The goal was a beauty but who didn't know that he was going to run forward, cut in and try to curl one? Only the Spurs defender I'd guess.  After the goal his effort increased and he looked a team player. Must admit Albrighton was the better winger still though - what a game he had.

And redouane's silly argument about Vardy!!!! Even when he isn't knocking them in his effort is superb. He makes our team what it is - surprisingly he leads the team in a way the Captain couldn't.

32 minutes ago, FIF said:

to be honest Mahrez was the worst player on the pitch until he scored. Most of his touches were backwards to players who had opposition players within 3m. The goal was a beauty but who didn't know that he was going to run forward, cut in and try to curl one? Only the Spurs defender I'd guess.  After the goal his effort increased and he looked a team player. Must admit Albrighton was the better winger still though - what a game he had.

And redouane's silly argument about Vardy!!!! Even when he isn't knocking them in his effort is superb. He makes our team what it is - surprisingly he leads the team in a way the Captain couldn't.

So much bitterness in one post.

33 minutes ago, FIF said:

Vertonghen was already booked, he didn't want to risk a challenge,and Mahrez is pretty quick with his dribbling, so catching him isn't as easy as it seems.

I do agree that Albrighton was better overall though. But Mahrez was pretty good, so maybe give credit when credit is due? He was quiet in the beginning, but he didn't have a bad game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Vertonghen was already booked, he didn't want to risk a challenge,and Mahrez is pretty quick with his dribbling, so catching him isn't as easy as it seems.

I do agree that Albrighton was better overall though. But Mahrez was pretty good, so maybe give credit when credit is due? He was quiet in the beginning, but he didn't have a bad game.

try taking a wild guess on which player was the reason jan got a yellow card. that's right, it's riyad.

riyad is probably the only one player that people in here say "he was this and that before his goal", like vardy or any other player on the pitch was setting the world on fire.

his goal was amazing, just the build up (that started from him) and the amazing counter with the a beauty of a finish. honestly, that goal was class

• Like 4

1 hour ago, the fox said:

riyad is probably the only one player that people in here say "he was this and that before his goal", like vardy or any other player on the pitch was setting the world on fire.

Wish you would stop bringing Vardy into your petty Mahrez squabbles all the time ...   Vardy is a top top striker and gives his absolute all for the team on the pitch week in and week out ..  playing through injuries and throwing himself into every tackle ..   he is an England player and one of the best strikers we have ever had ...   without him we would be toothless ...    he had his chance to leave, but guess what, he stayed .....    a true Leicester legend for me and I just won't sit back and let you, or anyone else for that matter, keep slagging him off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1