Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Riyad Mahrez - The great Artist

30 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

yeah I forgot how we played possession football passing teams to death to win the title...

Mahrez could play a lot better now if he actually passed the ball instead of trying to beat 4 players losing the ball falling over and complaining, or ignoring an easy pass to take a shot that gets blocked easily, or developed another move other than dribble to the edge of the box and cut inside to shoot, you know develope and expand his game

That really does sum his game up at the moment. 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

You want Mahrez to be compared with Simpson?

player fans- got to love them.

no, i do not. he is held to such a high standard that average preformences are bad and everytime he performs good, you will get people beating him with the "still not as good as 2015/2016" stick.

riyad is my favourite player but, some people act like he was messi or something that season. nostalgia is a funny thing, 

Edited by the fox

2 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

If Mahrez played for a quality side like Man City he would replicate the form he showed in 2015/16. The problem isn’t Mahrez, it’s the style of football we now play and the lesser ability team mates he now plays with. 

He is a class act. 

He’s a very talented and skilful player, and that is without question.

1. I, as a 51 year old would score goals and make assists in Man City’s current side.

2. These by and large the same team mates with whom he produced very good goals and assists numbers with,two seasons ago, which partially negates that argument which you make.

3. Check his PL goals and assists for the last 18 months (take penalties out please as it skews any argument I’m this type of debate) and you will find that he is not top class I’m terms of END PRODUCT which is the only barometer of ability that matters.

Im convinced he thinks he’s employed by Billy Smart’s Circus,

performing tricks for the crowd without a second thought for his fellow performers.

By all means though ignore facts and blame everyone else if you wish.

I really do wish he would start to play for our TEAM sometime soon.

He then would get his move and all you wankers can **** off with him, while the rest of us can support our team over and above any Prima Donna players who ‘are to good for LCFC’.

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, the fox said:

no, i do not. he is held to such a high standard that average preformences are bad and everytime he performs good, you will get people beating him with the "still not as good as 2015/2016" stick.

riyad is my favourite player but, some people act like he was messi or something that season. nostalgia is a funny thing, 

Foxy....you are his Dad aren’t you?

?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He then would get his move and all you wankers can **** off with him.

:o !!! ....   Quick, borrow my tin hat and run like the wind to the safe house ! ...    don't stop for anyone and keep your head down !!

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

yeah I forgot how we played possession football passing teams to death to win the title...

Mahrez could play a lot better now if he actually passed the ball instead of trying to beat 4 players losing the ball falling over and complaining, or ignoring an easy pass to take a shot that gets blocked easily, or developed another move other than dribble to the edge of the box and cut inside to shoot, you know develope and expand his game

Thanks Jimbo...nailed it.

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

:o !!! ....   Quick, borrow my tin hat and run like the wind to the safe house ! ...    don't stop for anyone and keep your head down !!

Dont worry they all know my views on the subject.

Im battle hardened

? ?

Bring it on lads

Edited by NotTheMarketLeader

2 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

If Mahrez played for a quality side like Man City he would replicate the form he showed in 2015/16. The problem isn’t Mahrez, it’s the style of football we now play and the lesser ability team mates he now plays with. 

He is a class act. 

Nah. Too inconsistent, he wouldn’t last at Man City.

Conversely, De Bruyne would still look class for us. Because it’s him, not other players, that controls his own form.

By your logic I could say Musa has suffered from being around crap players (most of which won a title).

Players take responsibility for their own form. I remember when Drinkwater was putting in world class performances when the rest of the team was dog muck, and then his form tailing off alarmingly despite the team’s improvement.

I also remember Mahrez being very poor in both those periods, but I digress slightly.

It’s the same with Silva, everyone is building one player up to be our saviour which is unrealistic, yet if he does play badly it will be Albrighton and Simpson’s fault. It’s always their fault, isn’t it?

It’s like i’ve always said, everyone takes responsibility for themselves - everyone. And management take responsibility for the collective.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dickov22 said:

He is a class act. 

He's not good enough for the present Manchester City side, his work rate alone (and I don't mean defending in his own box) at the moment would preclude him from playing in any Pep Guadiola side.

• Like 1

All I want from him is to drift past two or three defenders, something he is very capable of, and then pass to somebody in space. Yet again on Saturday he created the space and put the ball through for Vardy but his touch was so heavy it went out for a corner. He is capable of better than this.

6 hours ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

He’s a very talented and skilful player, and that is without question.

1. I, as a 51 year old would score goals and make assists in Man City’s current side.

2. These by and large the same team mates with whom he produced very good goals and assists numbers with,two seasons ago, which partially negates that argument which you make.

3. Check his PL goals and assists for the last 18 months (take penalties out please as it skews any argument I’m this type of debate) and you will find that he is not top class I’m terms of END PRODUCT which is the only barometer of ability that matters.

Im convinced he thinks he’s employed by Billy Smart’s Circus,

performing tricks for the crowd without a second thought for his fellow performers.

By all means though ignore facts and blame everyone else if you wish.

He then would get his move and all you wankers can **** off with him, while the rest of us can support our team over and above any Prima Donna players who ‘are to good for LCFC’.

Lol. 

Lucky to have him. Privilege to watch him. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's not good enough for the present Manchester City side, his work rate alone (and I don't mean defending in his own box) at the moment would preclude him from playing in any Pep Guadiola side.

He’s definitely good enough for Man City 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2