Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Finsbury Park

I wonder - if someone had singled out / disarmed one of the London knife attackers and they found themselves on the floor being kicked / beaten - would the potential victims / victims in the area have stopped the beating and restrained them or just beaten them to death? 

Does anyone really want a manslaughter / murder charge because they gave one too many kicks to the head during the heat of the moment? There will obviously be a point where it stops being self-defence (the attacker is unconscious / unable to fight back) and then it'd be considered GBH, etc? 

I think there would always be someone who spoke out and said - enough is enough at this point.

5 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

I wonder - if someone had singled out / disarmed one of the London knife attackers and they found themselves on the floor being kicked / beaten - would the potential victims / victims in the area have stopped the beating and restrained them or just beaten them to death? 

Does anyone really want a manslaughter / murder charge because they gave one too many kicks to the head during the heat of the moment? There will obviously be a point where it stops being self-defence (the attacker is unconscious / unable to fight back) and then it'd be considered GBH, etc? 

I think there would always be someone who spoke out and said - enough is enough at this point.

Hard to say how people would react. If I'd just watched the guy knife a friend/family member I'm honestly not sure I'd be able to hold back. I'd like to think I would, but can't be 100% sure. 

I guess that's the thing - when good people like that Imam stop stepping in and we start killing people as if it's our right to revenge then we've all truly gone animalistic and surely hope is lost. 

I don't see how anyone can defend what that guy did and who could have blamed the families of those who were run over for kicking every last drop of shit out of him - but we can't let ourselves fall apart like that. 

Seeing one maniac run over people in our streets is awful but watching a group of otherwise well-adjusted people beat him to death in anger is almost unthinkable. 

Looking forward to seeing some even handed justice with all the current Hate Preachers facing the music for their bile . The Editors of the Mail, Express, Sun and Telegraph along with Hopkins, Little Tommy Robinson and his poundshop Hitler mate, Paul Golding would do for starters. 

Guest Foxin_mad

Another terrible event killing innocents.

There is little that could be done to stop this, one man, with extreme hate who has lost the plot wanted to die and make a name for himself.

15 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Looking forward to seeing some even handed justice with all the current Hate Preachers facing the music for their bile . The Editors of the Mail, Express, Sun and Telegraph along with Hopkins, Little Tommy Robinson and his poundshop Hitler mate, Paul Golding would do for starters. 

Personally i'm looking forward to a couple of weeks abroad.

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Personally i'm looking forward to a couple of weeks abroad.

Yep. Getting married in July and then driving through / camping in south of France for 3 weeks.

Can't wait to turn my phone off and not have to see news reports / terror attacks / elections, etc.

My brain needs a rest from it all.

Guest MattP
22 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Virtue signaller of the week award wrapped up in one post.

The editor of the Telegraph is definitely as bad as Abu Hamza.

Iut of interest I've noticed that no one one has mentioned Al-Quds day yesterday - hundreds of people marching through the streets, some waving Hizbollah flags and chanting against Jews. For a city supposedly united against terrorism it gives some strange platforms to the people who express support for it.

The newspapers of this country do just as much to spread hate / incite racism / divide the people as the like of Abu Hamza - the only difference is they're not hidden away in a mosque somewhere, they're displayed openly in our supermarkets, newsagents, on the forecourts of petrol stations. 

When will the editors of these pieces of shit be held accountable for their part in all of this? 

Guest MattP
5 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

The newspapers of this country do just as much to spread hate / incite racism / divide the people as the like of Abu Hamza - the only difference is they're not hidden away in a mosque somewhere, they're displayed openly in our supermarkets, newsagents, on the forecourts of petrol stations. 

When will the editors of these pieces of shit be held accountable for their part in all of this? 

You seriously need to read up a bit more on Abu Hamza if you genuinely believe this.

Guest MattP
4 minutes ago, daz*dsb said:

DCq2hEYWsAAfT6T.jpg

Please explain the difference Matt. 

You being serious?

What headline there is comparable to Hamza telling people they should slaughter people who aren't Muslim? 

Although on that picture, you don't think the press should allowed to be report halal being snuck into everyones diet, Sharia being practised or an Islamist plot to behead a poppy seller?  

It's not just the information Matt, it's the way in which it's presented. It's over the top, sensationalist and designed to cause unrest amongst the general public.

No, we don't have people in the streets verbally advocating the slaughter of immigrants, Muslims, etc. but our national press does a ****ing good job of coming close - whilst being seen as being perfectly acceptable. 

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

Virtue signaller of the week award wrapped up in one post.

The editor of the Telegraph is definitely as bad as Abu Hamza.

Iut of interest I've noticed that no one one has mentioned Al-Quds day yesterday - hundreds of people marching through the streets, some waving Hizbollah flags and chanting against Jews. For a city supposedly united against terrorism it gives some strange platforms to the people who express support for it.

It's funny that "virtue signalling" is sometimes used as a perjorative term. Surely at least talking about virtue (thereby actually considering it rather than not) is a good thing?

Also, I'm not entirely sure pointing out rank hypocrisy (in a rather heavy-handed manner) can be taken as such in the first place.

Guest MattP

It's not just the information Matt, it's the way in which it's presented. It's over the top, sensationalist and designed to cause unrest amongst the general public.

No, we don't have people in the streets verbally advocating the slaughter of immigrants, Muslims, etc. but our national press does a ****ing good job of coming close - whilst being seen as being perfectly acceptable. 

So which of those things I mentioned should the press be allowed to report on and which shouldn't under the guise of them being as bad as people like Abu Hamza?

The press should be allowed to report on whatever the **** they like - that's free speech for you. 

BUT the disgusting way in which they word their articles, over-sensationalism, often with very few facts is not conducive to helping your everyday newspaper reader in making informative decisions about important things. 

We've seen how their approach to reporting Brexit / recent elections has affected people's ability to make sound judgements.

Front pages are full of slander, racism, xenophobia on a daily basis - why is that OK? Are you saying that's OK Matt? It sounds to me like you are. 

Guest MattP

Front pages are full of slander, racism, xenophobia on a daily basis - why is that OK? Are you saying that's OK Matt? It sounds to me like you are. 

If they are genuinely slanderous the victims can take them to court.

If they are genuinely racist the police can prosecute. 

The problem here is they aren't, you have just decided that they are because you dont loke them, the idea a newspaper editor or a columnist should be thrown in prison for reporting on a story that reflects Muslims in a bad light or giving a negative opinion of Islam is absolutely ridiculous.

Just now, MattP said:

If they are genuinely slanderous the victims can take them to court.

If they are genuinely racist the police can prosecute. 

The problem here is they aren't, you have just decided that they are because you dont loke them, the idea a newspaper editor or a columnist should be thrown in prison for reporting on a story that reflects Muslims in a bad light or giving a negative opinion of Islam is absolutely ridiculous.

You're really not listening. That last post ffs :rolleyes:

Where have I said they should be thrown in prison? Where have I said they can't publish articles that reflect negatively on Muslims (or anyone for that matter) if they have indeed committed some form of wrong-doing? I haven't.

The papers have a duty to report news - but the headlines in the images I posted above are childish, sensationalist and only add to further fill the heads of those that don't know better with absolute ****ing rubbish.

That isn't news reporting - it makes a mockery of news reporting - it's scare-mongering. 

If you advocate that style of reporting / writing about important things that quite frankly deserve fact-based, unbiased, sensible articles to be written about them then... well, I won't go there.

3 hours ago, RoboFox said:

I was at work on the South Bank when the Westminster Bridge attack happened. 

I was in Southwark enjoying drinks with friends, 10 mins walk away during the London Bridge attack.

But now this happens, literally at the end of the road I live on. I walk past the Welfare House on the way to and from Finsbury Park station twice a day.

It's a fantastic area to live in, it's culturally diverse and friendly community and I've never, ever had any trouble whatsoever from anyone and it's shocking to have a terror attack take place on your own doorstep.

It's interesting to see how the media have handled it, but make no mistake: sh*t-rags like the Mail or the Sun are vessels of hate & prejudice, and with c**ts like Tommy Robinson and Katy Hopkins still being given platforms to spew their bile; it's no wonder that we're seeing far-right radicalisation. They are no different to the hate preachers like Abu Hamza who used to spew his own bile just around the corner, that they are so quick to point out.

Also... Strange to see that there's been no word from the great leader of our free world, either? Seems he cares about terror only when the culprits - not the victims - are Muslim.

When has Tommy Robinson encouraged murder?

He also doesn't have a problem with peaceful law abiding Muslims, let's compare him to a terrorist that encourages people to kill any non believer.

Archived