Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Politics Thread (encompassing Brexit) - 21 June 2017 onwards

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

What do those idiots that stand outside Parliament shouting Stopppppp Bbbbbbrexit actually hope to gain ??

Perhaps they believe that people will be persuaded to agree with them if they shout loud enough. Thicko's.

I voted remain but they are the worst.

The People's March was full of people coming out with comments that mean nothing like 'Enough's enough!' and 'We cant stand for this'.

Who are the likely runners then?

Boris, Davis, Gove, Sajid all possible - I can see Hunt and Raab thinking about it.

Clearly not the time for Davison or JRM.

Cabinet backs deal. Statement to parliament tomorrow. 

"Stop Brexitttt" man is now screaming at the gate while she's speaking, nutter.

Just now, TheUltimateWinner said:

Keep cracking up every time I hear him lol

STOHHHPPPP BREXITTTTTTTTT

He was doing it at 11.15 this morning so he must have some serious vocal stamina. 

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Still don't think this will happen. British public didn't give informed consent for any of this, no doubt in my mind a second referendum would reject Brexit. 

No doubt? There has been little change in the polls and the C4 study of 8,000 showed 53-47 Remain which is little different to the 52-48 Remain they had on referendum day.

We have no idea how a second campaign would go but anyone who thinks the result would be clear cut needs to come out of their own echo chamber; it would be close again whichever way it went.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

We have no idea how a second campaign would go but anyone who thinks the result would be clear cut needs to come out of their own echo chamber; it would be close again whichever way it went.

Have to agree. I think remain would swing it (maybe wishful thinking), but it would clearly be very close either way.

No idea how May thinks she can get away with threatening both sides here with no deal or no Brexit? 

Pretty sure parliament will need to know the result of voting it down before it happens.

3 minutes ago, FoxNotFox said:

Blimey, May is a stayer, got to give her that. Dodged another bullet?

I don't know what she promised/threatened the doubting cabinet members but she's clearly knows how to be persuasive.

Maybe it's because they're full of empty threats, and all their talk of resignation is just bravado. 

Balls in their court now, really. Either way, it's going to be interesting. 

Edited by Charl91

Think this confirms ERG will vote against, DUP certain to do so.

She must need at least 50 (probably 70) Labour MP's to back get this through parliament, I just can't see how that happens with them desperate to force an election.

IMG_20181114_195623.jpg

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

“Collective” not “unanimous”

Interesting times ahead 

Ten ministers spoke against it according to Shipman - which makes it quite bizarre we haven't had a single resignation. We surely get them tomorrow.

23 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Have to agree. I think remain would swing it (maybe wishful thinking), but it would clearly be very close either way.

OK so imagine we hold a second Leave/Remain referendum (as preposterous as that is), what happens if Remain wins it by 52/48?  Soft-Remain?  

Those of us that voted leave have been constantly told that we need to respect the wishes of the minority that voted Remain, hence the BRINO we are getting now.  

How will the Remain camp respect the wishes of those that voted Leave in this scenario?

Pg 148 "Judgments and orders of the ECJ handed down before the end of the transition period, as well as such judgments and orders handed down after the end of the transition period... shall have binding force in their entirety on and in the United Kingdom.

Totally unacceptable.