Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonny_wright

Nathan Ake

Just mentioned on Sky Sports News centre that we are interested in Ineacho ....followed that by saying they believe we are also interested in signing Ake but that Bournemouth are increasingly confident of signing him....both 20 mio ....they must be reading Foxes talk again ?

2 hours ago, indierich06 said:

Depends on the money. If there were two similar jobs - one offering £20,000 and one offering £40,000 - then I wouldn't particularly care about being settled or knowing the environment. Football is a short career too, you generally go where the money is.

I doubt we'll be paying any more though. Bournemouth will give Ake what he wants, and considering they're allegedly talking about paying Defoe over £100k p/w, they aren't the small fry they want people to think they are.

3 hours ago, jammie82uk said:

I suppose nobody knows what car he drives, I only ask because last week my brother was adamant that he saw a black Range Rover driving down Saffron Lane with the private plate AKE 33 on it, I totally dismissed it as I thought he was on his usual windup 

I've seen it too earlier in the year and looked twice, don't think its THE ake though lol 

1 minute ago, gerrytaggart said:

Purple?

Dunno if you mean the colour of the car or if I'm missing an obvious joke lol 

But I don't remember much about it, just remember driving past a land/range rover with the numberplate Ake and going huh thats weird

Was around the time he got recalled to Chelsea, didn't see what the driver looked like

13 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

I doubt we'll be paying any more though. Bournemouth will give Ake what he wants, and considering they're allegedly talking about paying Defoe over £100k p/w, they aren't the small fry they want people to think they are.

But they are paying £0m for Defoe. His wages will cost them about £5m over the 2 seasons. 

2 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

But they are paying £0m for Defoe. His wages will cost them about £5m over the 2 seasons. 

Still a hefty investment for a 34 year old. The point is Bournemouth can pay Ake a decent whack if they want to. Yes I'm sure we could beat it if we wanted, but that doesn't mean we should.

12 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

Still a hefty investment for a 34 year old. The point is Bournemouth can pay Ake a decent whack if they want to. Yes I'm sure we could beat it if we wanted, but that doesn't mean we should.

I'm sure if it came down to money we would wipe the floor with them. 

23 minutes ago, Lovejoy said:

10 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

I'm sure if it came down to money we would wipe the floor with them. 

I know. But as I said, just because we can doesn't mean we have to. If they're paying him over the odds, we may well decide it's not worth competing with.

All hearsay I know, but the club may well not feel he's worth pulling out all the stops for.

If Ake wants regular first team football he is far more likely to sign for Bournemouth. He's undoubtedly a young talented player but it's unclear to me that would be playing much next season. I think we need another centre back but that is someone who has established himself in that role and comfortable as part of a back four. At only 1.8m he may be more suited as part of a back three, where he played for Chelsea in the cup semi-final.  I saw him a couple of times when he was a loan at Watford in 2015-16 when he played at left back - as he did for most of the season after he started playing more regularly. His work ethic was evident so I am sure he will do well, but in my view, if we are intending to provide cover/compettion for Huth/Morgan/Maguire £20m could be better spent elsewhere.

Amazing how Bournemouth can afford to sign a player that costs ten times what it would cost to build their 'stadium'.

Crazy times.

5 hours ago, Lovejoy said:

I heard Defoe was going to be on 50k a week,

either way there's no way Bournemouth or any club would pay Defoe 100k a week at his age,and with is age in mind he'll do well to get 50k a week,but that's another story 

Why are people saying that if he wants regular playing time he will go Bournemouth 

when he was there on loan despite not being injured he only made 10 starts and 2 sub appearances for them out of a total of 22 games 

Archived