Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Wildlife and Gardens Thread

25 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone have any knowledge on gas bbqs? I’m going to buy one but not sure which to get. Budget up to around £400.

I got this - we had one for the caravan, but it works well as a garden BBQ. Can get various other accessories for it, like a paella pan, roasting dish etc

Easy to clean, and easy to dismanlte to store 

https://www.cadacinternational.com/uk/carri-chef-2-bbq-chef-pan/

Carri Chef 2 BBQ / Chef Pan

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone have any knowledge on gas bbqs? I’m going to buy one but not sure which to get. Budget up to around £400.

do you not think a gas barbeque takes away most of the fun of doing one? I guess there is a novelty of cooking outside but seems to me that you may as well just use your cooker. Charcoal all day for me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

do you not think a gas barbeque takes away most of the fun of doing one? I guess there is a novelty of cooking outside but seems to me that you may as well just use your cooker. Charcoal all day for me.

No I think the fun is having people round and cooking outside. Want a gas one for ease of use. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I got this - we had one for the caravan, but it works well as a garden BBQ. Can get various other accessories for it, like a paella pan, roasting dish etc

Looks pretty cool

4 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I think you're right - the charcoal BBQ is the "purists" chouice, but I guess the gas ones allow a more impromptu experience. I've been using mine to cook breakfast outside during lockdown. And when the kids decide they want a last minute bbq.

Same as me a couple of weeks ago. I did tons of research online but most places had sold out... The stumbled across this on ASDA Direct

https://direct.asda.com/george/outdoor-garden/view-all/uniflame-classic-6-burner-gas-bbq-with-side-burner/050547727,default,pd.html?cgid=D33M03G01C02

Got delivered last week. Took an hour to build and I've used it 3 times, its great.

I saw a very similar one in a garden centre yesterday for £799...

3 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I think you're right - the charcoal BBQ is the "purists" chouice, but I guess the gas ones allow a more impromptu experience. I've been using mine to cook breakfast outside during lockdown. And when the kids decide they want a last minute bbq.

true. I will usually use a barbeque to cook something specific so i'm thinking ahead anyway but if you want to get it unplanned its not possible to get the charcoal up to temperature quickly enough.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

Same as me a couple of weeks ago. I did tons of research online but most places had sold out... The stumbled across this on ASDA Direct

https://direct.asda.com/george/outdoor-garden/view-all/uniflame-classic-6-burner-gas-bbq-with-side-burner/050547727,default,pd.html?cgid=D33M03G01C02

Got delivered last week. Took an hour to build and I've used it 3 times, its great.

Looks good. Got a handy ipad stand on the right hand side I see !

:D

image.png.f25ad14c69fe971625e2e408a3ffccfc.png

8 minutes ago, Wakeyfox said:

Wow that looks like a serious bbq. Might be too big for us but I will see if they have any others.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Same here - our main BBQ rusted over the winter, so have started using the CADAC in the garden, very easy.  Bought a big round plastic trug for washing it, bobs your uncle.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've got exactly the same in our caravan too, and we love it. You can get a pizza stone for it, which I'm looking to get too, as well as loads of other bits like @stripeyfox said 

Yeah we bought a big pizza stone at the NEC camping show in Feb, not used it yet.

They had other bits out cheap as well - leg bag is a godsend, and got a little wooden scrubbing brush too.

Edited by Jon the Hat

Pizza stones make a huge difference if you are going for that authentic type. Success with pizza stones convinced us to take the leap to a pizza oven in the garden.

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

true. I will usually use a barbeque to cook something specific so i'm thinking ahead anyway but if you want to get it unplanned its not possible to get the charcoal up to temperature quickly enough.

Just get a chimney starter. Takes like 20mins to fire up coals. :D

• Like 1

Wow that looks like a serious bbq. Might be too big for us but I will see if they have any others.

Yes, It's quite big, but you can use a portion of the grill if there's only a couple of people but also have the capacity for bigger gatherings too.

They do a 3 and 4 burner version as well..

16 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Yeah we bought a big pizza stone at the NEC camping show in Feb, not used it yet.

They had other bits out cheap as well - leg bag is a godsend, and got a little wooden scrubbing brush too.

Cadac Safari Chef 2 BBQ Plancha Accessory For Safari Chef 2 BBQ ...

I just ordered this for mine!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I didn't know you could get a leg bag, we may have to get one of those too! 

7 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Same here - our main BBQ rusted over the winter, so have started using the CADAC in the garden, very easy.  Bought a big round plastic trug for washing it, bobs your uncle.

So we are finally allowed into our caravan storage now, and given that the weather is supposed to break tomorrow and I don't like the charcoal bbq we bought for at home, we thought we'd fetch the Cadac from the caravan. 

Guess what we forgot? The legs! So we're currently making another trip :rolleyes:

We're thinking about getting another one for at home we love it so much. 

@Unabomber Cadac do a lovely looking home bbq too, it's on offer online atm for £499 so I don't know if it's worth a look, I'd love one but can't afford it :(

https://www.bbqworld.co.uk/m/cadac/meridian-4-burner-w-side-burner-dakota-grey.asp

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

So we are finally allowed into our caravan storage now, and given that the weather is supposed to break tomorrow and I don't like the charcoal bbq we bought for at home, we thought we'd fetch the Cadac from the caravan. 

Guess what we forgot? The legs! So we're currently making another trip :rolleyes:

We once got all the way to Devon before realising I'd forgotten the legs! :D

We got rid of the caravan a couple of years ago (I don't miss it, but that's a whole other discussion), but kept the Cadac for home use and it has gradually replaced our BBQ

• Haha 1