Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Buce

Wildlife and Gardens Thread

10 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but does anyone have any knowledge on gas bbqs? I’m going to buy one but not sure which to get. Budget up to around £400.

Im looking in to this currently as we’re moving in a few weeks so ideally want one for the first weekend in there! I’ve looked at Outback ones, brother in law has one and recommends them. Homebase have a few on sale at the minute. Well they did over the weekend. 

https://www.homebase.co.uk/outback-spectrum-hybrid-3-burner-gas-bbq_p529764

https://www.homebase.co.uk/texas-nimbus-6-burner-gas-bbq_p495151

Edited by stix

Just like to say how much I've enjoyed Springwatch this year. Just nice to see some new TV, that hasn't been much affected by lockdown. In fact, the absence of the presenters sat around together comparing bio-dicks, has improved it. That used to make Springwatch a miss most of the time for me, unless there was nothing else happening.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Just like to say how much I've enjoyed Springwatch this year. Just nice to see some new TV, that hasn't been much affected by lockdown. In fact, the absence of the presenters sat around together comparing bio-dicks, has improved it. That used to make Springwatch a miss most of the time for me, unless there was nothing else happening.

Occasionally have it on in the background. Thought Packham's daughter was really good presenting on it last week.

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

I bought one of those sprayers (Ronseal) to do a quick job on my fence. The paint went all over the place, some even on the fence. Think I'll use a brush next time. 

My brother in law bought one of them, his neighbours patio furniture was covered lol 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, rico said:

Thanks,bit of an obsession :D

Fair play if you enjoy it fella! Nature is wonderful up close like that. A real treat to see

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Unabomber said:

No I think the fun is having people round and cooking outside. Want a gas one for ease of use. 

A gas one is easier but charcoal ones are more authentic.  You need that frazzeled, black and crispy goodness.

We had a barbie last week.  We used a slab with some bricks around it and a grill on top.  

Budget of £400?  The world's gawn mad I tell you!

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

A gas one is easier but charcoal ones are more authentic.  You need that frazzeled, black and crispy goodness.

We had a barbie last week.  We used a slab with some bricks around it and a grill on top.  

Budget of £400?  The world's gawn mad I tell you!

I use a gas one ..  and things still get frazzled ..   :) ..  Can’t imagine going back to a charcoal one.  Gas just heats the coals anyway and you can sprinkle stuff on for extra taste if you want. Always stick to stuff I know ..  burgers bangers and chicken ..  and when the whole family descends on us I even pre cook, including the onions  ..   pile it on and keep topping up and just warm the cheese slices to order.  Paper plates and sliced buttered rolls at the ready with the squirty sauces.  Have veggie vegan options if needed too. Beer wine soft drinks on a big table ..  got it off to a fine art ..  no stress ..  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Currently in the process of getting my garden landscaped. Need to decide between smooth and riven slabs. There is going to be a large area slabbed, what are people’s thoughts? I’m leaning towards dark grey riven slabs.

• Like 1

On 03/06/2020 at 08:30, Unabomber said:

Currently in the process of getting my garden landscaped. Need to decide between smooth and riven slabs. There is going to be a large area slabbed, what are people’s thoughts? I’m leaning towards dark grey riven slabs.

I’m looking at getting mine done ASAP and I’ve decided on the dark grey riven.

Where are you getting them from? Apparently there is a guy near Mick and Dens auction house in Croft that makes them for decent price. I can’t seem to find them on google though :dunno:

26 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’m looking at getting mine done ASAP and I’ve decided on the dark grey riven.

Where are you getting them from? Apparently there is a guy near Mick and Dens auction house in Croft that makes them for decent price. I can’t seem to find them on google though :dunno:

I’m getting them from a local place near me (near Ashby) called canalside patios. I have got for the riven which look dark grey but they call them a blue colour at this place. 

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

@rico ...   found me a bee ...  had to bribe the little bugger to land on my flower though !  ..  £2.50 and a teaspoon of honey ..   :thumbup:

AACB2246-7D9C-4B21-9204-DB02DE91B315.jpeg

I’ll be posting a couple of captures later today or tomorrow ...😄

9 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I’m getting them from a local place near me (near Ashby) called canalside patios. I have got for the riven which look dark grey but they call them a blue colour at this place. 

Dark grey riven slabs look really good I think. Are you fitting the patio yourself? 

8 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Dark grey riven slabs look really good I think. Are you fitting the patio yourself? 

No I’m having the garden completely renovated so have some guys doing it. Can’t wait as it is a right state atm. 

@rico ...   found me a bee ...  had to bribe the little bugger to land on my flower though !  ..  £2.50 and a teaspoon of honey ..   :thumbup:

AACB2246-7D9C-4B21-9204-DB02DE91B315.jpeg

Thats a gorgeous flower, what is it? I'm hoping to pop to the garden centre later this week and on the look out for some new plants. That one certainly hits the spot. 

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Thats a gorgeous flower, what is it? I'm hoping to pop to the garden centre later this week and on the look out for some new plants. That one certainly hits the spot. 

It’s a peony Suze ..  and I believe it’s called Bowl of beauty ...   peonies and roses are the mainstay of our garden. 

• Thanks 1

It’s a peony Suze ..  and I believe it’s called Bowl of beauty ...   peonies and roses are the mainstay of our garden. 

I just can't grow roses but i'm a dab hand with Hosta's. Will look out for some Peonies though and give them a go :D Thanks