Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

45 goals in 69 Champions League games, he's amongst some pretty decent company there and better off than a lot of very, very, very good strikers.

obscene international record too for a pretty guff team 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

45 goals in 69 Champions League games, he's amongst some pretty decent company there and better off than a lot of very, very, very good strikers.

Fair enough. Can't argue with those stats. I just had it in my head that other than the 4 he bagged against Madrid in the semi about 5 years ago, he has a habit of failing to score or even perform to his potential in the latter stages of tournaments? I should probably look that up but I can't be arsed tbh.

Just to clarify, I meant he wasn't very good in this game (which he wasn't) but it didn't read like that to be fair.

Edited by Paddy.

Bayern played some great football tonight. 

Navas had a great game and kept Madrid in it a fair few times too. Sule was immense for Bayern too. 

I hope Roma get an early goal tomorrow to turn it into a good tie. 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

BUT HE WAS SHIT IN THAT ONE GAME I SAW HIM ON ENGLISH TELLY THEM FORENERS CAN ONLY DO IT IN THEIR SHIT LEAGUES HE'S NO GLEN MURRAY IS HE 

Reminds me of the grief Hargreaves got when having an off game for England vs his good performances throughout the seaaon for Bayern that the average fan wouldnt have seen.

Jürgen Clott. Am I the only one that thinks his pre match talks in bad taste. One of his own still in hospital and Roma fans talking about cutting fans up.

So his pre match talk he's going on about his gladiators the fight and the battle.

Well if nothing else he's probably fired up the idiot Roma fans.

Hope Liverpool can get through tonight, in reality there almost there and it would be ridiculous if they don't make it. 

Hopefully they go on to win it too. No reason why they can't especially with how dodgy Real look at the back. 

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

Hope Liverpool can get through tonight, in reality there almost there and it would be ridiculous if they don't make it. 

Hopefully they go on to win it too. No reason why they can't especially with how dodgy Real look at the back. 

nah i quite like liverpool but be arsed with this haha

8 minutes ago, Wookie said:

There'll be some flannel that will say Liverpool winning the Champion's League would be a better achievement than us winning the league

I can see it now. Underdogs against Man City, underdogs against the Barca-slayers of Roma, and massive underdogs against Madrid.

How can they beat Real, it's an impossible task, they'll say. There's just no way on earth Liverpool, with their superstar squad will overcome the back-to-back European Champions.

Cue ultimate shock when they trounce Real 4-1 in the final.

41 minutes ago, Wookie said:

There'll be some flannel that will say Liverpool winning the Champion's League would be a better achievement than us winning the league

All the diehard Liverpool fans born in Leicester no doubt 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

Jürgen Clott. Am I the only one that thinks his pre match talks in bad taste. One of his own still in hospital and Roma fans talking about cutting fans up.

So his pre match talk he's going on about his gladiators the fight and the battle.

Well if nothing else he's probably fired up the idiot Roma fans.

I'm not a big fan of him but sorry sylo, I think you're reading too much into it.

2 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I'm not a big fan of him but sorry sylo, I think you're reading too much into it.

I maybe but considering the trouble so far and threats made his choice of words to the press could have been better.

Quite like Kopp and can't stand Ronaldo but not sure I can face all the plastic scourers if they win it. 

I wasn't as old, cynical and grouchy at the time of Istanbul, in fact I even cheered for them a bit really. 

Now I think I'd find it unbearable. lol

It's probably the result that would bring Lofty back here. lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Quite like Kopp and can't stand Ronaldo but not sure I can face all the plastic scourers if they win it. 

I wasn't as old, cynical and grouchy at the time of Istanbul, in fact I even cheered for them a bit really. 

Now I think I'd find it unbearable. lol

It's probably the result that would bring Lofty back here. lol

Klopp seems like the type of individual who would get on well with anyone.

Whilst Ronaldo seems the type that would only be around those that deeply admire him.

Who's Lofty?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

5 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Whilst Ronaldo seems the type that would only be around those that deeply admire him.

Who's Lofty?

Uncle Albert. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Uncle Albert. 

He seemed ok in general, before he presumably got banned, but iirc used to bite a bit whenever someone questioned LFC.

Edited by Wymeswold fox

23 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Who's Lofty?

Posting legend, loves to ruffle some feathers.