Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2017/18

Well Klopp can't moan about the refs this time. Hopefully he will remember days like these next time he goes full tantrum over things going against Liverpool.

With that said, I am pleased for Liverpool and an English team to be in the final. Liverpool's attack when clicking is a joy to behold.

Congrats to Liverpool, thought they lost control of that game badly in the 2nd half however.

Hope the way that game unfolded reigns some of their fans in though. Load of my mates had already started saying how they'd beat Real Madrid.

Fair play to Liverpool....hope they go and win it  but can’t stand Jordan Henderson and the way he berates players...Anyone see him having a right go at Karius at the end when the whole team were going down to their fans.....you’ve just qualified for champions league final you twat and Karius played a significant role over the 2 legs....Not everything Henderson did was perfect....If as captain you want to point something out to a team mate when the match is over keep it for the privacy of the changing room or hotel...If I was Karius I would have nutted him ?

2 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

What’s not to like about Mo Salah?

I’ve seen a few things on him on social media and he comes across as a genuinely nice bloke. Happy to see him doing well, albeit for Liverpool. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GeorgeTheFox said:

****ing knew the ref wouldn't add any time on after Liverpool spent about 2 minutes making a sub. Refs in Europe are such a joke it's not even funny anymore

The ref in the Real/Munich game added time onto the added time to negate Reals time wasting. For some reason Bayern decided to pass it around their defence for a good chunk of it.

5 hours ago, Jonezy said:

Well Klopp can't moan about the refs this time. Hopefully he will remember days like these next time he goes full tantrum over things going against Liverpool

Don't hold your breath.

• Like 1

Has to be said, Klopp has done a fantastic job taking that group of players to the final, whilst playing such an exciting and enjoyable brand of football. 

The way he has brought the best out of Salah has been a joy to behold - let's not forget some said Liverpool overpaid for him in the summer when he signed.

• Like 1

I enjoy English sides doing well in Europe because it shuts up those that take pride in English sides failing so they can say how shit the English league is. BUT at the same time the Liverpool fans I know are unbearable as it is, without giving them a reason to be.

Liverpool will fancy their chances, but they've done well to avoid all the traditional European big boys (I'm excluding Man City from that) A run to the final playing Maribor, Spartak Moscow, Sevilla, Porto, Man City and Roma isn't a bad run. They've beaten them impressively but it will be interesting to see how they do against a Real Madrid. When you compare that to Real who this year alone have played Dortmund, Spurs, PSG, Juventus and Bayern Munich :o

• Like 1

On 03/05/2018 at 03:37, Osavo said:

Has to be said, Klopp has done a fantastic job taking that group of players to the final, whilst playing such an exciting and enjoyable brand of football. 

The way he has brought the best out of Salah has been a joy to behold - let's not forget some said Liverpool overpaid for him in the summer when he signed.

He's played Porto & Roma, bit over the top to say 'fantastic job'

29 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

He's played Porto & Roma, bit over the top to say 'fantastic job'

And Man City, who have walked the Premier League. Don't forget Roma knocked out Barca too, so despite looking poor against Liverpool can't be that bad - Barca have run away with La Liga this year.

Liverpool's squad on paper, bar the front 3, is bang average.

2 hours ago, Osavo said:

And Man City, who have walked the Premier League. Don't forget Roma knocked out Barca too, so despite looking poor against Liverpool can't be that bad - Barca have run away with La Liga this year.

Liverpool's squad on paper, bar the front 3, is bang average.

theyve had a really easy draw tbf, bar man city but they literally just battered them before it had even started and won it before half time in the first leg. that was a cracking performance but everyone else they've played has been rubbish. they've had comfortably the easiest draw in 3 of the 4 stages so far. 

I do think they'll beat real though. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If they play like they did 2nd leg against Roma, they'll get horsed.

hard to play with the intensity they do when you're 4 goals up, they obviously won't be playing like that in the final