Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

Simpson

I don't know why Simpson gets so much stick when most of our problems come from Fuchs letting people run past him despite having Albrighton getting through alot of work.

LB is the real problem because if Chilwell doesn't step up this season we have no one for next season.

• Like 1

Just now, EnglishOxide said:

I don't know why Simpson gets so much stick when most of our problems come from Fuchs letting people run past him despite having Albrighton getting through alot of work.

LB is the real problem because if Chilwell doesn't step up this season we have no one for next season.

Agree with that, fuchs is pretty worthless nowadays. He was terrible last season and was left asleep atleast at 5x last season. 

Get Chilwell as starter.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Possibly our most underrated player. 

Overrated by LCFC fans.

He insists on going past the halfway line when he can't do anything there. He doesn't get back when he does that even though he knows that Mahrez is the man covering him.

Defensively he backs up way too much and is reckless.

Don't understand the love. 

Neither our RB or LB are very good and haven't been for over a year. we need to get Chilwell in and give him the experience he needs and we need to sign another RB and CB. Our Defence is our weakness.

2 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Like as already been said, he needs competition for his place, what I don't like about him is that he seems to back himself into the 18 yard box to much then it's to late, needs to get into them.

Spent 57mil this window but have not really sorted the defence which I feel will hurt us again this season even when Huth is fit. Need new blood.

I think we're ok at LB and in a better CB position (although we could do with another Maguire!) and Simpson definitely needs serious competition for his place.

9 hours ago, the fox said:

People need to understand this:

You will always get overrun when you are not a threat going forward!!! Kolasinac and the ox where camping in the team's half.

Riyad didn't play good first half (you can say the full game if you want) but you are kidding yourself if you think he was bad defensively today, when the RB is pretty much staying as deep as he can the winger has to overcompensate for the huge gap that is left. It's that simple!

Riyad's attempts at defending last night were laughable at times. I genuinely could have done a better job at holding somebody up.

There's only so much Simmo can do when there's always two attackers against him because he has no cover from his winger. We don't have the same problem on the other side and CF plays as deep as DS most of the time. 

• Like 1

Not a fan at all, solid defensively most of the time and has it tough behind Mahrez but he's scared of the ball. The two incidents towards the end of the game yesterday where he miscontrolled it out of play left me with my head in my hands.

An upgrade would allow us to keep possession much better. Look how much other teams full backs offer an option then watch Simpson. As I said solid defensively but to improve he needs replacing imo. 

Fuchs also needs to up his game, looked a bit heavy to me like he has done the start of both the seasons he's been with us. At least we have competition that side so we can change it up if needs be. 

25 minutes ago, The Floyd said:

Not a huge fan but Fuchs is far more of a concern for me.

I can see Chilwell coming in before long. Fuchs concerns me too. Our whole back 4 bar Maguire is ropey at best.

Edited by Callabinho

I don't get why people rate him. He works really hard but he's clearly lacking quality at this level. He's always been a weakness. Can't pass the ball, struggles against pace and skill, easily pulled out of position.

Good back up right back but a club with our ambitions should be looking for better in the starting 11.

• Like 1

Probably one of his worst performances for us last night. Still a very consistent performer but agree that we need some proper competition for him and get a more attacking full back who's more comfortable on the ball to give us a different option.

Guest BlueBrett

I actually think he's plenty good enough. Never going to offer much going forward but we don't need him to with our setup 

He's on the decline I think but there's next to no chance we can sign a RB that's as good defensively as Simpson but offers more going forwards. The last time we played an "attacking" RB against Arsenal we conceded 5 and were much worse defensively than even yesterday (with the same occurring on the left as well). 

We absolutely cannot have a more aggressive fullback playing with Mahrez in front of him, the space that'd it leave in the channels would be disastrous too, Huth, Morgan and Maguire are incredibly slow and if they get dragged too far out of position then we'll be conceding 4 goals every game.

Currently Fuchs' performances are more concerning and Chilwell's a worse defender to compound the matter.

5 hours ago, Livid said:

Could you imagine if we actually replaced him with an attacking right back with Mahrez as cover.

There would be absolute carnage down that side of the pitch.

Rally? Imagine an elite 1 v 1 winger like riyad with an attacking fullback, the other team's fullback will think twice before overlapping!

35 minutes ago, the fox said:

Rally? Imagine an elite 1 v 1 winger like riyad with an attacking fullback, the other team's fullback will think twice before overlapping!

Really, imagine (you don't have to he's given it away enough lately) Riyad ignoring the overlapping RB and running into three players giving the ball away and watching them break away with no cover on that side at all!

• Like 1

If you have a player like Mahrez / Gray / even Musa on the wing, you're ever likely to need a more defensively minded full back. Simpson is a better defender than most right backs in the game, and yes, he's a better defender than Fuchs too.

However he's also very uncomfortable playing the ball out from the back, or offering support, and there are times when we clearly need an alternative: For instance, if you want to stick Albrighton on the right, which we've done at times to good effect, or if Mahrez leaves and someone else demonstrates that he can muck in a bit more, then I'm not sure we'll be so dependent on Simpson.

Plus, if you're crying out for more creativity (as some are, and all of us no doubt will once Mahrez is gone), then it's worth remembering that creativity comes from all over the park, not purely from #10s / wingers / attacking midfielders. A right back who can add something to our offensive options wouldn't hurt. It's true that we have players across the park who don't manage the ball well and he's one of them.

So, bearing in mind that all of our defenders should be in the spotlight right now because it's definitely a problem area, I think I'd have alternatives for the RB berth among our priorities.

10 minutes ago, Livid said:

Really, imagine (you don't have to he's given it away enough lately) Riyad ignoring the overlapping RB and running into three players giving the ball away and watching them break away with no cover on that side at all!

Bizarrely, Leicester is the only team to encounter this problem. Let's be honest, he just useless offensively. Whatever Riyad's contribution, you can't expect to have a good animation in the right side if you have only one attacking minded player. Just double mark Riyad and you nullify the right wing.

14 minutes ago, Livid said:

And that will be all on him, but that's besides the point.

Just imagine a team is like a boxer, if (for example) the boxer's right hand isn't a threat, he will get targeted a lot there (the right side I mean). When teams aren't afraid of being punished, they will come at you with everything they got.