Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

Simpson

He's mostly under the radar which I think is brilliant. Up and down that flank to cover the dangers that Mahrez has left or at least show him an option of a safe pass. When Riyad loses the ball he has 2 to 3 players right in his face. Remember when De Laet used to overlap and left huge holes. Solid performer but I am worried that an injury or a card ban means we cannot afford the luxury of Mahrez to play.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, evil jack said:

Call me crazy, but I might have a little gamble on him scoring very soon.

He keeps on popping up at that far post....

Yeah I keep noticing this. Perhaps something Puel has told him to do? He's better at clearing at the post mind ?

Bag of shit, gets to far up the field, not fast enough to get back, can only pass sideways and backwards, throws the ball to the other side 90% of the time, goes backwards when being attacked.

Only plays because we don't have a replacement.

By the time him and Morgan have worked out who should be marking who it's to late, the ball has been crossed, 

All our back four are more interested in trying to hold on to an attacker at corners than trying to get to the ball and get it away. The whole team need to learn to jump for and win the ball.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Bag of shit, gets to far up the field, not fast enough to get back, can only pass sideways and backwards, throws the ball to the other side 90% of the time, goes backwards when being attacked.

By the time him and Morgan have worked out who should be marking who it's to late, the ball has been crossed, 

All our back four are more interested in trying to hold on to an attacker at corners than trying to get to the ball and get it away. The whole team need to learn to jump for and win the ball.

Maybe not the best but his 6 or 7 out of 10 every week, one of the few players to show the same form week in, week out.

He's no Cafu or Dani Alves but he's a decent RB.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Always Next Year said:

Simpson wins an unreal amount of defensive headers at the back post. Solid defensively most of the time. 7/10 most games. Put some respect on his name.

• Like 3

If I was Puel a new right back would be first on my shopping list in January. There is no doubting his ability to defend but going forward he just doesn’t possess the ability to compete at this level!! His endless hoofing of the ball drives me insane!!

At was it £2 million think it is hard to say he has not been a good bit of business. Yes needs competition for the place but not sure who and what is around to bring in. He defends and defends well and perhaps does not get all the support he  should get from the guy who plays in front of him

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

Bullshit.

He's getting far up the pitch because he was instructed by Puel to do so and is not used to it as he was drilled to never go past the midline under Shakey and Ranieri. Actually he's improving forward game after game under Puel even if his passing and crossing are lacking.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZeGuy said:

Bullshit.

He's getting far up the pitch because he was instructed by Puel to do so and is not used to it as he was drilled to never go past the midline under Shakey and Ranieri. Actually he's improving forward game after game under Puel even if his passing and crossing are lacking.

You’ve hit the nail on the head, he can’t pass or cross a ball!! Surely now as a club we are in a position to find a full back that can not only defend?!

7 hours ago, Bert said:

He's the best right back we've had since Frank Sinclair. People still seem to dislike him because of his past off field antics, which is pathetic as that has nothing to do with his football. He's very consistent and very dependable especially his back post defending. Of course still things to improve on going forward but his priority is to defend. 

Agree with this Bert apart from the last bit - he is a brilliant defender and club servant no doubt but is causing us problems at the moment because he is being asked to play further up the pitch and create width - when he loses the ball or panics and kicks it into a random space it can lead to a counter attack as it did at the weekend and us conceding. 

8 hours ago, Bert said:

He's the best right back we've had since Frank Sinclair. People still seem to dislike him because of his past off field antics, which is pathetic as that has nothing to do with his football. He's very consistent and very dependable especially his back post defending. Of course still things to improve on going forward but his priority is to defend. 

Yep completely agree with this - you can’t dislike someone on the basis that he strangled his wife can you? ?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Tringfox said:

You’ve hit the nail on the head, he can’t pass or cross a ball!! Surely now as a club we are in a position to find a full back that can not only defend?!

You'll probably be the first to complain when our new attacking full back costs us some goals because he's not as defensively capable as our Danny Boy. 

Granted Simpson could be better offensively but he's top drawer defensively. Sometimes be careful what you wish for. 

I see Simpson under Puel as a player who is making a positive effort to be the full back his manager wants him to be. I hope Simpson gets every chance to prove himself as I see progression and willingness with him.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tringfox said:

because Chilwell has been putting some absolute beauties into the box in recent games hasnt he.......

Simpson works very well as a decoy runner and when you have Mahrez or Gray doing the attacking in front of him he doesnt need to be able to put a pin point cross in. Plus crossing the ball to who? in our new system we are playing, crosses are pretty much pointless as we only really have Vardy in the box, he is great in the air but going to lose more than he wins. We need decent defending fullbacks as our wingers are coming in side more and more (which is great as it plays to our strengths) so we are not exposed on the counter attack down the wings.

We dont need to replace Simpson we need to get him mentoring one of the youth players to eventually take his place.

• Like 3