Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

Simpson

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Love this from Puel, fair enough lol

On Simpson attacking "I think it's important for full backs to cross and attack. For me, it's crucial. But how can I tell him to score.... I only scored 4 in my career".

I have notuced that when the centre backs are beat it is often simpson who saves the day.  Futher given ryhads soso defending he is wise not to go romping upfield.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We need some competition at right back but he's still got a lot to offer us, he's just solid.

It's quite amazing Simpson has been our only recognised RB for nearly 3 years now. We've been lucky with his consistency.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Yep completely agree with this - you can’t dislike someone on the basis that he strangled his wife can you? ?

I have no interest in what he gets up to in his personal life. 

17 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

People who don't see the intricacies of the game and defending won't ever appreciate Simpson. But in my opinion he's been one of our top three performers for the last 18 months.

He's never going to be a flying full back but he adds so much defensive solidity and balance in a team that has a winger in front of him who gives him little to zero protection and often a left back that can be susceptible to being unable to stop balls into the box (hence why he has so much crucial work to do at the back post).

I agree that it would be nice to have a quality young understudy, ala Chillwell on the left, but the lack of appreciation Simpson gets for what he brings to the team is criminal.

Completely agree with this post, he does a solid and stable job with very little in the ways of support.

I do think he will begin to find it harder now he's being asked to bomb up the flank and support the attack but I suspect this is why they're asking Mahrez to play more centrally, like the roaming 3 midfielders we have but ideally you need to keep Mahrez away from right flank as it leaves Simpson totally exposed. He gets much better support from Albrighton and Gray which thankfully seem to have cemented their place in the squad.

Do think we need another RB if not for competition for that space, do we have anyone in the academy at RB that's doing well?

• 2 weeks later...

The morning after the West Ham game a person was in a lift with another very young looking person dropping her off to another hotel room - she wasn't wearing shoes and the lift stopped at most floors and a man was quite frustrated by this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

The morning after the West Ham game a person was in a lift with another very young looking person dropping her off to another hotel room - she wasn't wearing shoes and the lift stopped at most floors and a man was quite frustrated by this.

Time to have a break from the marching dust

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Erm wtf are you on about Swan? :) or should I say what are you on? Lmao

Edited by desertfox2
Swan

11 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Heavy night Swan? lollol

11 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

Only just seen this!

Nick, you've finally lost the fookin plot son!

lol

Wanting competition for places isn't an attack on Simpson. Danny has been quality for us and arguably our most trusted defender. But a different, more attacking option would be good as well. A few people need to stop being so defensive over Simpson and see the benefits of different options.

The lad is a very solid and capable defender and in my opinion rarely makes shockers. He's a nailed on 7/10 or better every game. In this regard I can't understand the flack he gets.

However I will acknowledge that he is probably the worst passer of the ball in the starting 11. He is extremely limited in this quarter and looks very confused in possession sometimes.

If we want someone with his defensive acumen and who tanks it forward like Kyle Walker then it's either very big bucks or a lucky punt from the scouting team.

22 hours ago, sylofox said:

We started a season with two attacking fullbacks. Then swapped to two more defensively minded players and won the league. What do people want.

It's what the manager wants, and he wants fullbacks who can attack. It's as simple as that. 

Whether we have defensive or attacking full backs, we aren't going to win the league again, so we just need to get the players that fit the style the manager wants to play. I honestly don't really want defensive keep everyone back and counter football from here until eternity, it was getting stale and boring. 

Edited by Babylon
  • Like 3