Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

Simpson

15 hours ago, Always Next Year said:

That's a laugh torn between going to his man or backing into his own box.

Get nearer you tv don't sit so far away, better still buy yourself a season ticket like the rest of us then you will see how shit he is.

you are a fool 

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Glad he's out for a few weeks. This will mean we buy a decent RB in January then hopefully our weakest position becomes a position of strength.

January is a difficult window to buy in , hope we do not make a panic choice or pay through the nose.

Equally don't fancy making do and mend for the next 2 months either . . . Over to you Rudders

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Glad he's out for a few weeks. This will mean we buy a decent RB in January then hopefully our weakest position becomes a position of strength.

Bizarre post again. Our weakest position is left back no doubt about it. And being glad he’s out for a few weeks..! Wtf 

You only had to watch yesterday’s game to know how much he’s missed.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

Bizarre post again. Our weakest position is left back no doubt about it. And being glad he’s out for a few weeks..! Wtf 

To an extent, but to be fair, Dragović was being played out of position and this was his first full PL debut. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

It’s a good time for him to be injured, we’ve got no cover in this area and we can now address this. Imagine if he was out for 3 months from feb, we’d be screwed.

On 24/12/2017 at 12:14, Gerard said:

Disagree, if Simpson gets replaced it will be for a right back who is better offensively. We'll have hit the jackpot if the replacement is as able as Simpson defensively.If Simpson could attack as well as he could defend he'd be a world class player.

If Simpson could attack he would still be a Man Utd player with over 300 league appearances and about 80 England caps. He has limitations in his game hence he plays for us and not United. Still a brilliant defender and a master of winning headers at the back post.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

In your opinion.

I'm much happier with Chilwell playing LB backed up by Fuchs than I am with Simpson playing RB.

To me Simpson is the closest we have to a bomb scare. So often out of position and happy to pull players back who beat him (when he's even there). I'm surprised he hasn't been booked a lot more. The other nght when Ndidi was sent off, I thought Simpson had made the first foul (before Ndidi) and he could easily have been sent off several times in that game alone. I'm not saying he's terrible but he has glaring problems which make him an average defensive RB and when that's added to the fact that we need attacking WBs to make our team more efficient he is just no longer the player we need. His attacking credentials are almost non-existent but worse than that is that he goes forward and stays there. He seems to spend more time ahead of Mahrez than behind him.

Yesterday was the first time Dragovic (a CB) had to play RB, Dragovic isn't even our second string RB and personally I was less worried when a Watford player went down that wing than when Simpson is playing there (which is butt clenching). Neither of our goals allowed were due to Dragovic. But you can carry on thinking that a first time out of position defender or an occassional young defender (like amartey) are so much worse than a guy who has played that position all his life. 

I understand that we're in for Benfica's Almeida. He is another level compared to Simpson and I'm hoping that this injury forces LCFC to buy and buy early at RB. Then you can get back to me in a year when Simpson is just a distant worrying thought.

RB is our position of biggest weakness.

26 minutes ago, woollett the bullet said:

January is a difficult window to buy in , hope we do not make a panic choice or pay through the nose.

Equally don't fancy making do and mend for the next 2 months either . . . Over to you Rudders

I've been reading of a couple of researched RBs and let's be honest we've needed one ever since we let De Laet go and had to rely on Simmo. It's great the injury is now and not at the end of the January transfer window, we're going to be forced to do something. Almeida sounds serious and a talent and he'll have "Ulloa?" and Silva to help his life modification.

29 minutes ago, FIF said:

In your opinion.

I'm much happier with Chilwell playing LB backed up by Fuchs than I am with Simpson playing RB.

To me Simpson is the closest we have to a bomb scare. So often out of position and happy to pull players back who beat him (when he's even there). I'm surprised he hasn't been booked a lot more. The other nght when Ndidi was sent off, I thought Simpson had made the first foul (before Ndidi) and he could easily have been sent off several times in that game alone. I'm not saying he's terrible but he has glaring problems which make him an average defensive RB and when that's added to the fact that we need attacking WBs to make our team more efficient he is just no longer the player we need. His attacking credentials are almost non-existent but worse than that is that he goes forward and stays there. He seems to spend more time ahead of Mahrez than behind him.

Yesterday was the first time Dragovic (a CB) had to play RB, Dragovic isn't even our second string RB and personally I was less worried when a Watford player went down that wing than when Simpson is playing there (which is butt clenching). Neither of our goals allowed were due to Dragovic. But you can carry on thinking that a first time out of position defender or an occassional young defender (like amartey) are so much worse than a guy who has played that position all his life. 

I understand that we're in for Benfica's Almeida. He is another level compared to Simpson and I'm hoping that this injury forces LCFC to buy and buy early at RB. Then you can get back to me in a year when Simpson is just a distant worrying thought.

I've been reading of a couple of researched RBs and let's be honest we've needed one ever since we let De Laet go and had to rely on Simmo. It's great the injury is now and not at the end of the January transfer window, we're going to be forced to do something. Almeida sounds serious and a talent and he'll have "Ulloa?" and Silva to help his life modification.

If you genuinely feel that Simpson (imo one of our most dependable defenders for years) is more of a defensive bomb scare than Chilwell, then I literally give in. Debate has become futile.

I'm with @Bertin the 'do we need a new RB thread'. He's spot on.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

Simpson has been our best defender for the pat 18 months or so. His positioning and back post defending is unreal. Genuinely one of the most underrated Leicester City players I've ever seen.

Our left back position is weak as is the situation with lack of decent goalkeepers. 

I'll be disappointed if Simpson is out for three months because we haven't got a good back up at right back and it's real life, not FM, so we're not gonna bring in a right back in the first week of Jan just like that.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Simpson has been our best defender for the pat 18 months or so. His positioning and back post defending is unreal. Genuinely one of the most underrated Leicester City players I've ever seen.

Our left back position is weak as is the situation with lack of decent goalkeepers. 

I'll be disappointed if Simpson is out for three months because we haven't got a good back up at right back and it's real life, not FM, so we're not gonna bring in a right back in the first week of Jan just like that.

This myth is getting out of hand.

Huth, Morgan and Maguire have all been better than Simpson over the last 18 months even if for most of that time our entire defence has been poor and unaided by our midfield for chunks of the time. Even if I could agree with the sentiment, which I don't, saying that he was better than a group of players who haven't performed very well is questionable to say the least. Moreover we're moving away from the only system that he is reasonable at ( and have to move away from it if we are to compete in the top half of the table).

Chilwell is our future and I think we should have gone with Amartey alongside Maguire though having said that Morgan has done pretty well this season. Even those who rate Simpson though should be gagging for us to get another RB in who is going to push (replace) him.

2 minutes ago, FIF said:

Huth, Morgan and Maguire have all been better than Simpson over the last 18 months even if for most of that time our entire defence has been poor and unaided by our midfield for chunks of the time. Even if I could agree with the sentiment, which I don't, saying that he was better than a group of players who haven't performed very well is questionable to say the least. Moreover we're moving away from the only system that he is reasonable at ( and have to move away from it if we are to compete in the top half of the table).

Chilwell is our future and I think we should have gone with Amartey alongside Maguire though having said that Morgan has done pretty well this season. Even those who rate Simpson though should be gagging for us to get another RB in who is going to push (replace) him.

I'm with you that we need reinforcement at RB but Simpson has been more consistent than Morgan and Huth in the last 18 months, plus he has made less errors than Maguire this season.  Whenever we concede a goal it's rarely the fault of Simpson. If anything he covers his CBs brilliantly. His defending at the back post is bordering on sensational at times. 

I believe in Chilwell but he has nowhere near Simpson's intelligence and positioning. 

16 minutes ago, FIF said:

Morgan and Huth were shite 85% of last season. Simpson was always steady. Since we lost Kante, Simpson has no cover yet Fuchs gets beaten consistently even with defensive-minded Albrighton in front of him.

I like Maguire but he's also made a couple of errors this season which seemed to get glossed over. This is the reason I voted for Okazaki in our "best player first half of the season" because I can't remember him, or Simpson as well, actually doing anything wrong.

I agree Chilwell is future and should start ahead of Fuchs on the left. I think Chilwell is comfortable on the ball but lacks confidence at times. I want us to get another RB - even as a Simpson "fan boy" I never said anything different - Amartey is not up to it in that position, he scares the shit out of me everytime he is near the ball.

Edited by Fox92

39 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Or maybe it could be a chance for Amartey to get a run of games and become a reliable defender for us, as with Dragovic

48 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Morgan and Huth were shite 85% of last season. Simpson was always steady. Since we lost Kante, Simpson has no cover yet Fuchs gets beaten consistently even with defensive-minded Albrighton in front of him.

I like Maguire but he's also made a couple of errors this season which seemed to get glossed over. This is the reason I voted for Okazaki in our "best player first half of the season" because I can't remember him, or Simpson as well, actually doing anything wrong.

I agree Chilwell is future and should start ahead of Fuchs on the left. I think Chilwell is comfortable on the ball but lacks confidence at times. I want us to get another RB - even as a Simpson "fan boy" I never said anything different - Amartey is not up to it in that position, he scares the shit out of me everytime he is near the ball.

If we are talking bomb scares, look no further than Amartey.

I swear I sometimes have no idea what others on here are watching, I really don't. As usual, yours is a spot on account.

Edited by Col city fan
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Well said 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FIF said:

In your opinion.

You obviously have not watched much of Chilwell.

Simpson is miles better defensively than any other full back at the club.

Fuchs is still imo a long way ahead of Chilwell.

We need players in both positions - an attacking RB and back up for Fuchs imo - chilwell does not have a defenders mindset - good wing back potential but only with 3 centre halves behind him.

Yesterday was further evidence that Fuchs and Simpson are still our best full backs imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Old Fox said:

You obviously have not watched much of Chilwell.

Simpson is miles better defensively than any other full back at the club.

Fuchs is still imo a long way ahead of Chilwell.

We need players in both positions - an attacking RB and back up for Fuchs imo - chilwell does not have a defenders mindset - good wing back potential but only with 3 centre halves behind him.

Yesterday was further evidence that Fuchs and Simpson are still our best full backs imo.

Maybe you can't evaluate talent.

Fuchs and Simpson are a major reason that we have lost so many games in the last 18 months.

I love Fuchs as a guy but neither of them are top 8 talent NOW in the prem.

Simmo as a defender is just better than average in this league. For me that’s where it ends, his passing is more often than not wayward, and he has no pace or real intent going forward. Given his age and this injury occuring in a window, its a good opportunity to find someone that offers more. 

That said, after a poor start, he has been a good pro for our club, rarely missed a game and as been pretty consistent. I applaud him for that.