Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

Simpson

14 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

The morning after the West Ham game a person was in a lift with another very young looking person dropping her off to another hotel room - she wasn't wearing shoes and the lift stopped at most floors and a man was quite frustrated by this.

I don't know which lift-taker you got this information from, but as long as the very young looking person wasn't too young, the other person is well within his rights to unwind from a strenuous day of work via the shoeless person's company.

Edited by brucey
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Oh do one. Honestly, do one. He's had zero cover from our wingers and he's being left one on one with Martial every single time. He's torn between going to his man or protecting the space. Absolutely ludicrous comment.

:appl:

When the alternative is Amartey.....

Never impressed with Simpson. For me he gives the attacker too much room to collect the ball and puts too little pressure on him. He's the best we have at the moment but if we are to improve we need better. Manu recognised where our weakness was which is why Martial saw so much of the ball.

New right back in January please........

Simpson might not be an all star right back by any stretch but gets unwarranted stick on here if you ask me.

A solid RB to have on our squad. Im all for an upgrade in any position but who do you think we are going to bring in thats going  to be that much better? 

Its not like top RB players are jumping at the chance to play for us

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

He stands off so he doesn't get beaten by an opposition player dribbling towards him, protecting that space is more important than getting too tight to an opposition winger and getting skinned which leaves, you guessed it, even more space in a more dangerous area. He's a brilliant defender but the trade off is an awful player going forwards.

Edited by Wookie
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, oldbluefox said:

Never impressed with Simpson. For me he gives the attacker too much room to collect the ball and puts too little pressure on him. He's the best we have at the moment but if we are to improve we need better. Manu recognised where our weakness was which is why Martial saw so much of the ball.

New right back in January please........

Or maybe because one side is covered by Albrighton, and the other by Mahrez? Simpson is probably better defensively than Fuchs, to be honest.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 2

Simpson is easily the best defender at the club (as in positioning and reading the game) . He was exposed a bit yesterday but that was due to the formation rather than him. I think he frees up Mahrez quite a bit. Fuchs has Albrighton helping him out and even though Mahrez has got better at tracking back Simpson definitely allows Ryiad more freedom. 

I wonder if Dragovic could fill in there in the mean time?

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

He was caught for their 1st because  Mahrez had just had his ankle clipped and was just getting up off the ground so wasn't able to give him any support.

Simpson does back off to much for my liking but he is a good defender and unreal back post defender - the West Ham game he was superb at the back post every time.

He has little support from Mahrez, even more so I thought last night and their first goal is a result of Mahrez losing the ball in central midfield.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Simpson is easily the best defender at the club (as in positioning and reading the game) . He was exposed a bit yesterday but that was due to the formation rather than him. I think he frees up Mahrez quite a bit. Fuchs has Albrighton helping him out and even though Mahrez has got better at tracking back Simpson definitely allows Ryiad more freedom. 

I wonder if Dragovic could fill in there in the mean time?

Drags can.  No need to lose sleep if Simpson is out.

He backs off exactly the right amount so hes not getting skinned regularly but so he can still more often than not stop the cross getting in. Some people saying otherwise clearly don't know sh*t about defending.

I am happy to listen to people slag him off for his awkwardness going forward or his lack of composure on the ball but not his defending his defending is top class.

• Like 4

Guest CityFan 06

I think we might start to see how much we'll miss him assuming he's out for a period of games. Might also make people realise what a key player he is for us. Underrated and superb defensively. 

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

He backs off exactly the right amount so hes not getting skinned regularly but so he can still more often than not stop the cross getting in. Some people saying otherwise clearly don't know sh*t about defending.

I am happy to listen to people slag him off for his awkwardness going forward or his lack of composure on the ball but not his defending his defending is top class.

His defending is not top class, if it was we wouldn’t be talking about replacing him. Martial had his pants down to his ankles smacked his arse before he could even think about tackling him!

The guy was brought in as cover for Richie De Laet for a fee of around £2 million, just think about that, when we splash out around £20 million for an upgrade will expect better but like Ronseal he does what it says on the tin. People seem to forget his defending allows Mr Mahrez a little bit more luxury than most  in tracking back.

8 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

His defending is not top class, if it was we wouldn’t be talking about replacing him. Martial had his pants down to his ankles smacked his arse before he could even think about tackling him!

Disagree, if Simpson gets replaced it will be for a right back who is better offensively. We'll have hit the jackpot if the replacement is as able as Simpson defensively.If Simpson could attack as well as he could defend he'd be a world class player.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

If your a full back your going to get rinsied once in a while. Demari Grey made Kyle walker look very silly recently. Also talk of replacing him is no reflection on his defencive abilities more an acknowledgement that we are changing our style of play.

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

Disagree, if Simpson gets replaced it will be for a right back who is better offensively. We'll have hit the jackpot if the replacement is as able as Simpson defensively.If Simpson could attack as well as he could defend he'd be a world class player.

We would be paying 60 million and competing with top clubs if he was as good as simmo defensively and good going forward too.