Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

I imagine this may get deleted but.......

Just now, BlueBrett said:

do you know what subtext is?

I really can't be arsed to go back through this thread and the other to copy paste all the examples of people suggesting or implying a 'lesser poster' would have been banned but they're there if you have the time and inclination to go look for yourself.

That isn't conspiracy - that's just a clique.

Guest BlueBrett
Just now, HighPeakFox said:

That isn't conspiracy - that's just a clique.

A clique which is alleged to conspire to protect certain posters from being banned?

Guest BlueBrett
1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm glad that's all you're concerned about - I think we'd moved on.

I'm not concerned lol just amused by some peoples' thought processes.

You're right though we should get the thread back on track:

Homosexuality - Fine

Nazis - Bad

Mind expanding thought leaders of our times assemble. It's time to recommence the debate

Think we need some perspective on this debate.

How many were at the match?

How many were involved/ singing the songs?

How many were arrested?

I am not excusing or condoning anything I am just saying that  highlighting and dealing with a wrong/ educating people is fine. Blowing this out of all proportion and labelling all our fans for an extremely small minority is also discriminatory and blanket labelling is plain wrong too!

I'm not concerned lol just amused by some peoples' thought processes.

You're right though we should get the thread back on track:

Homosexuality - Fine

Nazis - Bad

Mind expanding thought leaders of our times assemble. It's time to recommence the debate

Got anything helpful to contribute other than 'witty' putdowns?

Guest BlueBrett
1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Got anything helpful to contribute other than 'witty' putdowns?

Not often. I did find your querying of my understanding of the word conspiracy quite helpful though and I'm sure many others did too

.....and this is why certain topics are locked or removed because they end up going around and around with no one changing their minds, people getting more and more frustrated and moving towards name calling and personal insults.

This is not what the forum was set up for.

Not often. I did find your querying of my understanding of the word conspiracy quite helpful though and I'm sure many others did too

I was querying it because I wondered why you even bothered to post about something so very (relatively) unimportant, other than to just be a provocative noise. Had I realised which 'conspiracy' you were alluding to, I'd have disregarded you altogether.

33 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Have you seen the EDL?

Did you see what happened in the US last week?

How do you propose fighting the rising tide of Neo Nazis?

I'd include Islamic extremists in that category too. I don't condone 2 wrongs make a right and that decency in all cases must shine through. Fighting leads to war, was kinda hoping we could not do that anymore

53 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

lol at all the FT inner circle conspiracy theorists out there. It's an internet football forum not the bloody skull and bones club

Also for what it's worth I don't think Thracian should have been banned. He's just as entitled to his opinion as anyone else - even if it is kind of warped. Seems strange people would simultaneously advocate banning him and leaving the thread open...what so you can all go in there and slag him off to make yourselves feel morally superior and further along the path to enlightenment while he can't defend/explain himself? Censorship and a few free hits? I mean if that's what floats your boat boys...personally I've seen more than enough evidence of the liberal paradox to last a lifetime but guess that's my problem.

He's entitled to his opinion, he's not entitled to post it here. 

I'd celebrate Thracian's very real right to his opinion, however offensive, but I'd also defend Mark's right to have whatever content he wishes to have on his domain. 

Personally, I think it was slightly lazily moderated, I'd have just deleted Thracian'a posts and anyone responding to him and let the thread continue. But given the mods here are volunteers just doing what they can in their spare time, I'm really not sure it's worth starting a ten page discussion over. 

This thread rsises many thought provoking issues. .. my 5cents...

Does the evil of nazism justify the means of the antis?  Well  it would be best to meet it with rational argument and peaceful protest...... But at the point where they impose their views or carry out crimes then force or even war is required.

Not all football fans are homo phobic but some are... same for most sectors of the community.  Good news is that acceptance is growing. ... aided by rational protest and argument.  Lets recognise there is work to do... but less than 10 years ago.

It is helpful if moderate majorities in each sector acknowlege an argue against intolerant and evil members of their own sectors.... this feature is often weak ...but essential for progress

Finally unlike other outmoded beliefs. .. homophobia seems to be spouted by those who are themselves defensive of what they see as their own weakness. This is not a taunt... its an observation 

Guest BlueBrett
3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's entitled to his opinion, he's not entitled to post it here. 

I'd celebrate Thracian'a very real right to his opinion, however offensive, but I'd also defend Mark'a right to have whatever content he wishes to have on his domain. 

Personally, I think it was slightly lazily moderated, I'd have just deleted Thracian'a posts and anyone responding to him and let the thread continue. But given the mods here are volunteers just doing what they can in their spare time, I'm really not sure it's worth starting a ten page discussion over. 

Yeh that's fair enough. The forum must be protected!

Wasn't my intention to start a debate about moderation policy. Well aware I'm worst person to talk about something like that. Left to me it would descend into anarchy and we'd probably be shut down within a week. I think the mods generally do a great job and I appreciate their efforts. I just don't appreciate people sharpening their pitchforks and calling for someone to get banned like a bunch of invisible red card wavers

13 minutes ago, BlueBrett said:

Yeh that's fair enough. The forum must be protected!

Wasn't my intention to start a debate about moderation policy. Well aware I'm worst person to talk about something like that. Left to me it would descend into anarchy and we'd probably be shut down within a week. I think the mods generally do a great job and I appreciate their efforts. I just don't appreciate people sharpening their pitchforks and calling for someone to get banned like a bunch of invisible red card wavers

To be fair, Thracian has a long history of posting views here that go way beyond controversial or polarised.

He's posted so much that's genuinely offensive, racist, inflammatory, ignorant and hateful over the years I'm amazed he's still here. 

MattP (sorry Matt, you're just my stock example) holds some views that make me uncomfortable but I don't think he's a dreadful human being, I'm not pursuing for him to be banned, I don't think he comes on here to try and incite hatred. 

But a lot of Thracian's posts over the years could be viewed as extremely hurtful and borderline dangerous rhetoric if anyone ever really bothered to read half of it. 

Man's a waste of oxygen. 

22 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Thracian is either sniggering via being a guest on here or embarrassed about that.

Really not entirely sure which..

Generally, Thracian's MO is to post something too far then vanish for a couple weeks til everyone forgets and then deny he ever said what you're claiming he did because he's confident almost nobody can be bothered to go back and quote the proof. 

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Generally, Thracian's MO is to post something too far then vanish for a couple weeks til everyone forgets and then deny he ever said what you're claiming he did because he's confident almost nobody can be bothered to go back and quote the proof. 

I think  everybody knows that Thracian is the alter ego of another prolific poster 

one has a normal/engaging side 

the other has a dark and disturbing side 

for what it's worth I think he has a Borderline personality disorder and he is probably untreated and that's not a laughing matter either 

he knew what he was saying and he knew the consequences his pay back for doing it is probably very twisted and disturbing , way more disturbing than his actual post 

and that folks is the real scary bit ! 

7 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

I think  everybody knows that Thracian is the alter ego of another prolific poster 

one has a normal/engaging side 

the other has a dark and disturbing side 

for what it's worth I think he has a Borderline personality disorder and he is probably untreated and that's not a laughing matter either 

he knew what he was saying and he knew the consequences his pay back for doing it is probably very twisted and disturbing , way more disturbing than his actual post 

and that folks is the real scary bit ! 

I think you've got no idea what BPD is. 

Plenty of us have met Thracian, he's been here forever. He's not an alter ego or anything that sophisticated, he's just a tit. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

.....and this is why certain topics are locked or removed because they end up going around and around with no one changing their minds, people getting more and more frustrated and moving towards name calling and personal insults.

This is not what the forum was set up for.

I've changed my mind davie, on the first page I said I didn't care and now........oh wait.....no still don't care.

Lock the doors.

Racism, homophobia, peadophilia, Islamaphobia, conspiracy theories about the FT inner circle, Nazism, Fascism, Anti Fascism, free speech, censorship, this thread has got the lot. Fcvking bonkers.

Archived