Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RumbleFox

I imagine this may get deleted but.......

I'm a firm believer in the saying "your freedom ends where others start".

Just go on living your life, I don't care what you do, what you eat, what color is your skin or religion you follow, as long as you are a decent human being, I have no problem with you, and neither should you care about mine's. As long as you don't have a negative effect on my life, family or the place I live in I have nothing against you.

The faster peoples learn this the better!

Wasnt @Thracian in the media back in the olden days (60s 70s)?

Jimmy Savile, BBC etc, they were all fvcking paedophiles back then.

This sort of offensive bvllsh1t is allowed to be spread and the people who spout it arent treated as they should be... banned from forums and not allowed to comment in the future... free speech ends the instant it becomes hatefull or incites hate.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

Saying that the gay community as a whole is responsible for pedophillia in football is like saying the Muslim community is responsible for terrorism, when we know they aren't, it's just a minority that class themselves as part of that community. We know, like in every community/race/sex, that there are very bad, bad people, however that doesn't mean they are all responsible, but when there are alarming stats like the ones in the post above, of course it is worrying and something needs to be changed for the good of the world (if they are true statistics) which I am sure the majority of the same community of which those statistics concern would agree

giphy.gif

Paedophilia.  And.  Homosexuality.  Are.  Entirely.  Separate.  Things.

One is a sexual attraction to humans who are have not reached sexual maturity, the other is an attraction to sexually mature adults of one's own gender.  Very different.   And that poster is bigoted propaganda, of course 92% of gay parents don't abuse their kids.

To correct the analogy towards Muslim bashing you would have to say that you shouldn't blame all paedophiles for the football scandal because they aren't all responsible for raping kids (there's actually a whole interesting debate to be had about the nature of paedophilia and how some of them control their urges without becoming predators but that's a can of worms for another time, also I don't want to get accused of defending paedos).

Ps. I was going to put a hyperlink in that final paragraph to a James O'Brien interview I saw recently where a bloke phoned in to talk about how he was attracted to kids and all the shame he feels over it and how he copes in general, it was thought provoking stuff, but I couldn't find it and now I think I can expect a knock at my door soon asking about my youtube search history lol 

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Saying that the gay community as a whole is responsible for pedophillia in football is like saying the Muslim community is responsible for terrorism...

It's a good attempt to goad him into posting - but it'd be quicker to say Thracian at a mirror three times.

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

OZ is currenty mired in the equal marriage "debate"

This is the complete crap that is currently on our streets.... cvnts like @Thracian should be punished

A poster with the words "stop the fags" and two hands holding rainbow coloured belts over a cowering child.

Freedom of speech does not allow for hate.. stopping Nazis is more important

What in the flying **** is that?! Seriously?! 

I was debating writing a longer consoling post on the topic so maybe the gay supporters in the UK would feel slightly better about the state of things but the hour is getting very late so I'll let the pictures talk.

Once upon a time there was a rainbow in Warsaw

ru-0-r-660,660-q-80-n-05548031cf8a6b5d01

then some ***** came

m14936670,KLM-9109A.jpg

It was rebuilt but they kept on burning it, so the authorities decided to quietly disassemble it and put somewhere safe. Because who needs a rainbow that keeps on catching fire, right?

The moral of the story is, be glad if you live in the UK or in the US folks. You may have a few odd Thracians out there, others have many. Not only on the streets and filling the stadiums but also forming majority in the government and controlling the public mainstream media. There are actually developing countries that are developing backwards. It's great to be heard when you make a complaint, and it's even better to be understood. From where I sit, it seems almost a luxury ;) Treasure what you have. Even if it doesn't seem nearly enough, that's still something to treasure. :scarf: 

FFS that Australian poster. Now that's a country much closer in certain developments to my developing country. 

6 hours ago, daz*dsb said:

I've been banned for way less. 

Nothing will happen to Thracian though. He's part of the forum inner circle so he's immune to punishment. 

Disgusting rant. 

I do think there are posters who, for some reason, are 'untouchable'.

Some of my bans, I would argue, have been nothing short of bizarre, whilst some seem to post whatever they like and get away with it.

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

OZ is currenty mired in the equal marriage "debate"

This is the complete crap that is currently on our streets.... cvnts like @Thracian should be punished

A poster with the words "stop the fags" and two hands holding rainbow coloured belts over a cowering child.

Freedom of speech does not allow for hate.. stopping Nazis is more important

I really hate this 'everyone who disagrees with me or right of me is a Nazi' theme that is around these days, I genuinely think people need more education here, or whether it's just deliberately said to be offensive? I can't say I associate Nazism highly with persecution of gays, though don't get me wrong I'm sure they bloody well did. As probably did Commies under Stalin & what you see mostly today from extreme Islamist groups.

A lot of the time you have to take it for what it is & say it's an old point of view. I'm sure this kind of stuff was the large majority view of the Allies during WW2; you'd hardly call them 'Nazis' would you? Seriously if u want to stop 'hate', I'd stop using provocative terms yourself.

The reason it got shut down was because of one post quite late on in the thread. After reading the post I made the decision to lock the thread. Mark also agreed that he thought the thread shouldn't go on longer. 

Regardless of this being a forum and people being able to express opinions, the integrity of what's been built over 13 years must remain in tact. 

Lets not start wishing for people to be banned for saying things that other's don't agree with. I have read his post, clearly his older mind has gotten confused between things but I wouldn't wish for him to be removed from further discussions.

If people are to be banned for having a viewpoint, whatever the perception is by other posters, then it becomes a forum for the Status Quo and that becomes dangerous.

If a person has a different view from you, learn to ignore it and  not demand bans. 

Entitlement and sensitivity are not good enough reason for another posters exclusion. That job is the work of a Moderator and they will deal with the issue/post as they see fit!

7 minutes ago, Podgeyrogers said:

Lets not start wishing for people to be banned for saying things that other's don't agree with. I have read his post, clearly his older mind has gotten confused between things but I wouldn't wish for him to be removed from further discussions.

If people are to be banned for having a viewpoint, whatever the perception is by other posters, then it becomes a forum for the Status Quo and that becomes dangerous.

If a person has a different view from you, learn to ignore it and  not demand bans. 

Entitlement and sensitivity are not good enough reason for another posters exclusion. That job is the work of a Moderator and they will deal with the issue/post as they see fit!

Podge the voice of reason, you not well mate?

?

6 minutes ago, Podgeyrogers said:

And it appears that they did. There's having a viewpoint, and then there's basing an opinion on base prejudice/ignorance. One is reasonable, one is hateful. Just because someone is older cannot be used as an excuse for such ignorance - aren't we supposed to learn more as we age?

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

And it appears that they did. There's having a viewpoint, and then there's basing an opinion on base prejudice/ignorance. One is reasonable, one is hateful. Just because someone is older cannot be used as an excuse for such ignorance - aren't we supposed to learn more as we age?

Okay, so he hasn't learned as he's got older, again, not a reason to ban him because he hasn't learned as he was expected to.

Prejudice and ignorance, again, it may not seem ignorant to him. We are all wired up differently and will have different views on everything because of it.

As Bert has pointed out, they deemed the post done and locked it, they will also decide his fate, if any at all.

The thread was locked and people had the opportunity to go do something else and forget about it. Simple and the easiest resolution.

Just now, Podgeyrogers said:

Okay, so he hasn't learned as he's got older, again, not a reason to ban him because he hasn't learned as he was expected to.

Prejudice and ignorance, again, it may not seem ignorant to him. We are all wired up differently and will have different views on everything because of it.

As Bert has pointed out, they deemed the post done and locked it, they will also decide his fate, if any at all.

The thread was locked and people had the opportunity to go do something else and forget about it. Simple and the easiest resolution.

If you read the very first thing I wrote, I said what I thought about the issue of banning or otherwise. I don't think I've called for a ban - in my opinion people like this need help, quite frankly.

3 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

From my experience Peaky the older they get the dafter they become ..     something to do with brain cells dying.

Indeed...I object to *some* of our elders, who seem to behave as though they have a divine right to respect, however they behave. 

40 minutes ago, Bert said:

The reason it got shut down was because of one post quite late on in the thread. After reading the post I made the decision to lock the thread. Mark also agreed that he thought the thread shouldn't go on longer. 

Regardless of this being a forum and people being able to express opinions, the integrity of what's been built over 13 years must remain in tact. 

Understandable. But why were my posts about the need to sack Claudio always shut down?

As a fan I had a view, and that was echoed by the LCFC owners only a month or so later. Yet as soon as I posted my view on his demise they were blocked and I had a short term ban.

I can understand the current situation, but a non confrontentional post about our mananager who clearly was struggling, and I was allowed to post?

Maybe it was a Claudio love in by the mods. The mods had blinkers on. But really that was a case of them not wanting to see the truth and not wanting anyone to have that negative view about him.

I would like an answer.

10 hours ago, Vacamion said:

I've suggested it before, but this forum is a nunnery compared to other forums.

There is hardly any controversy.

I say let idiots express themselves and be shouted down.  If someone breaches the forum rules, delete the post and sanction the poster.

Edited to add - I appreciate that Admins feel they have to protect us from unpalatable stuff.

ive gotten banned twice for defending Slimani during a witchhunt. To this day I don't know why.. I was respectful in all my arguments  

I think the common misconception here is that for some, posting on an internet forum equals total free speech.

The forum offers you a platform to voice your opinion, but you do so in a space created by somebody else and are subject to "house rules".

Some people either never acknowledged this or tend to forget about it.

No matter how petty you think this is, it's what it is.

I have been part of the forum police once and I've seen posts of mine getting deleted. Imagine, I also got banned once. :D So, I'd like to think that I do know both sides of the story a bit better (now).

As for Thracian's post, I can't but stress the fact that Tony is a lovely man (I met him once a few years ago), but it seems age is now truly catching up and his brain playing tricks on him.

That's the only explanation I have for him not being able to distinguish between homosexuality and paedophilia.

Tolerance is one thing, ignorance and confusion something completely different.

Archived