Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Ulloa new contract

I think it makes some sense if you look at the bigger picture.  

Vardy and Iheanacho are more than likely our strongest starting front 2 in Shakey's eyes.  Slimani is not going to want to play second fiddle and potentially be a disruptive influence because of it (maybe he already is a little).  

Shakey will probably be looking to move him out knowing he has a big target man on the bench in Ulloa who can do a (top 10) job given enough game time.  He knows the club, the players, the fans and potentially accepts his place in the pecking order as sees more chances open up with the departure of Slim (Everton I read today?).  

He will be eager to push himself after being offered a new contract therefore feeling wanted and learning the hard way where sulking gets him.

Maybe....

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

You have to be a moron to think this is in any way a good decision by this football club 

Are you being your usual 'everyone's a moron' self again?

It's tiresome.

Personally I think this shows a real lack of ambition on the part of Ulloa. He knows he's miles off the first 11 yet, seemingly for money, is willing to accept that he won't be playing much football anymore.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Are you being your usual 'everyone's a moron' self again?

It's tiresome.

Personally I think this shows a real lack of ambition on the part of Ulloa. He knows he's miles off the first 11 yet, seemingly for money, is willing to accept that he won't be playing much football anymore.

Family?

He has family here, they're settled, kids in school here... Life isn't all about grabbing every buck.

And that's why he might be happy to play back-up to Slimani, assuming Slimani isn't being sold for other reasons, of course

54 minutes ago, cc_star said:

Family?

He has family here, they're settled, kids in school here... Life isn't all about grabbing every buck.

And that's why he might be happy to play back-up to Slimani, assuming Slimani isn't being sold for other reasons, of course

No, exactly life isn't about grabbing every buck. Which is why I'm surprised at Leo signing another contract, knowing he'll get bugger all playing time.

And if 'family' is the issue, you get your agent to propose you to Wolves, Villa, Birmingham, Derby, Sheffield Utd or Wednesday or many more in the area.

Take a pay cut and play first team football again.

I've always liked Leo and been one of his biggest defenders amidst an onslaught on here of abuse toward him.

But I don't see this contract renewal as anything other than a retirement fund. Finally, I don't get a player who, under Ranieri, was vehemently complaining about a lack of playing time, yet now has signed a new contract knowing that is EXACTLY what he'll get.

Double standards.

38 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No, exactly life isn't about grabbing every buck. Which is why I'm surprised at Leo signing another contract, knowing he'll get bugger all playing time.

And if 'family' is the issue, you get your agent to propose you to Wolves, Villa, Birmingham, Derby, Sheffield Utd or Wednesday or many more in the area.

I've always liked Leo and been one of his biggest defenders amidst an onslaught on here of abuse toward him.

But I don't see this contract renewal as anything other than a retirement fund. Finally, I don't get a player who, under Ranieri, was vehemently complaining about a lack of playing time, yet now has signed a new contract knowing that is EXACTLY what he'll get.

Double standards.

Depends what the Ranieri lie & the mismanagement of its subsequent fallout was all about, beyond just minutes on the pitch

At the moment I fear Slim may be being sold for non-footballing reasons or because he doesn't fit into the team as a definite starter & he's incompatible with being a mere rotation player given his pricetag & presumably desire to be playing in one of the european cups....... and it's as a result of that, that Ulloa has been offered this deal

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Double standards.

I think, perhaps, he wanted to be rewarded for what he has achieved thus far, and to behave in the future - I totally see your point though, Col, don't get me wrong.

6 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I watched that video the club just made of his 5 best goals and dont they just know how to tug at rhe heart strings?

Good ol' Leo, happy for him to be here

I love Claridge's shin goal but I don't want him playing for City this season.

As stated before giving Ulloa a new contract is Shakey's first big mistake.

Letting Slimani go now that Ulloa has signed a new contract would be his second big mistake.

Not getting adequate cover at RB and CB before the transfer window ends would be his third big mistake.

.... let's hope that Shakey does not make the second and third big mistakes.

Now that I've calmed down a bit

And I've watched the goals and contributions he made when Vardy was suspended ( In paticular Norwich Feb 2016 )

We'll get better money for him in Jan and if Slim decides his future is elsewhere it does give us an option on the bench

Don't get me wrong, I'm not over the moon but I can see th logic

• 4 weeks later...

Still baffled he got a new contract. Stealing a living more like it.

First candidate to be loaned out in January. Offers absolutely nothing as of right now up front - on the contrary, he tends to obstructs his own team mates in matches!

He comes across as slow, disinterested and far from being sharp enough to feature in the league.

I would have preferred Musa starting last night over Ulloa. 

It just made no sense to have him play alongside Slimani. 

The game turned when he came off for Okazaki. 

If we are going to stick to 4-4-2/4-4-1-1, then we cannot have Ulloa and Slimani playing together. Ulloa was dropping deep and attempting to be a no.10 for large parts of the game yesterday. Absolutely bizarre choice by Shakey. 

If we see them paired again, then we really do have to question Shakey's decision making. 

Should only see Ulloa play again, if we have injuries/suspensions IMO. 

6 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Still baffled he got a new contract. Stealing a living more like it.

First candidate to be loaned out in January. Offers absolutely nothing as of right now up front - on the contrary, he tends to obstructs his own team mates in matches!

He comes across as slow, disinterested and far from being sharp enough to feature in the league.

This and the Silva trilogy is exactly why things must change In areas of Recruitment.   Are 30,000 people really missing something here?

Archived