Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Ulloa new contract

7 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

I would have preferred Musa starting last night over Ulloa. 

It just made no sense to have him play alongside Slimani. 

The game turned when he came off for Okazaki. 

If we are going to stick to 4-4-2/4-4-1-1, then we cannot have Ulloa and Slimani playing together. Ulloa was dropping deep and attempting to be a no.10 for large parts of the game yesterday. Absolutely bizarre choice by Shakey. 

If we see them paired again, then we really do have to question Shakey's decision making. 

Should only see Ulloa play again, if we have injuries/suspensions IMO. 

Why Musa and not Nacho? He also needed game time after his injury.

I don't think Shakespeare has any plan for Musa who frankly should have gone to Hull or wherever because he's not going to play this season unless our strike force is decimated.

8 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

Why Musa and not Nacho? He also needed game time after his injury.

I don't think Shakespeare has any plan for Musa who frankly should have gone to Hull or wherever because he's not going to play this season unless our strike force is decimated.

Yeh I didn't mean I would have started Musa if I had the choice, but just a point that starting Ulloa made less sense to me than even starting Musa, as at least a Slimani/Musa combo would theoretically work better in terms of their attributes etc. 

I would have liked to have seen Nacho too, even if just for 45mins. 

You're right about Musa though. Not in Shakey's plans at all, but Ulloa certainly shouldn't be either. 

10 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

A good manager does not need to see last night's game to know that playing 2 slow target men with little technical ability will not work.

We will draw United away next round and Shakey will start Slimani & Ulloa again. 

Even Tony fecking Pulis doesn't play two target men up front. Shakey really is having a Weston-Super if he does that again. And given how much better Slimani is than Ulloa, Leo should be consigned to the history books.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Can anyone come up with a logical explanation for why Ulloa was given a new contract?

The club should have sent him out on-loan at least to some Championship side etc.

It's not right in players (him, Musa and most recently Slimani, too) milking from the club and fans just to sit on the sidelines.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

The club should have sent him out on-loan at least to some Championship side etc.

Not right in players milking the club and fans just to sit on the sidelines.

Not the players fault the club gave him a new contract. Just as it's not Musa Mendy or Slims fault we signed them.

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

Can anyone come up with a logical explanation for why Ulloa was given a new contract?

The reason was the club were actively trying to sell Slimani in the summer and thought they could get a deal done. Slimani didn't particularly want to leave and they couldn't agree a fee.

His agent is trying to sort something out, could go in Jan if it's a quiet Dec for Slim.

7 hours ago, Tuna said:

This isn't one. 

Logic and recruitment are not joined up as far as LCFC are concerned.  Puel will discover this in a few weeks time.

44 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The reason was the club were actively trying to sell Slimani in the summer and thought they could get a deal done. Slimani didn't particularly want to leave and they couldn't agree a fee.

His agent is trying to sort something out, could go in Jan if it's a quiet Dec for Slim.

As in enquiries I assume 

55 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

So sell Slim and keep Ulloa? Should I laugh or cry?

If they wanted to sell him to a chinese club then I can understand why he didn't want to move. I insist, the club is making a mistake by selling him. If he lands in any PL club which plays to his strenghts, we'll live to regret it.

Archived