Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Ulloa new contract

51 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

The reason was the club were actively trying to sell Slimani in the summer and thought they could get a deal done. Slimani didn't particularly want to leave and they couldn't agree a fee.

His agent is trying to sort something out, could go in Jan if it's a quiet Dec for Slim.

Hasn’t slim publicly stated he wanted to move in the summer, but Shakespeare talked him into staying, unless they gave Leo a new contract whilst slim wanted to leave.

I’m not in the know, but from the outside it sounded like slim was actively looking at leaving, rather than the other way around.

Either way slim is a good player, who gives 100% every time he’s given a run, and has never been given a chance, so don’t blame him for going in jan

In an Iborra interview he was saying how much Ulloa had helped him settling in as they have both played in Spain and both speak Spanish. He also said their kids go to school together and they hang around together . So perhaps that was just one of the many reasons he got a new contract . Slimani looking to leave , club felt he was owed a new contract for past endeavours , happy to be a squad player , whilst helping a player settle in . I’d be happy to see him gone personally as I don’t think he’s up to scratch any longer and replaced with a better option  but he has  not been a bad signing for us really 

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

This isn't one. 

Logic and recruitment are not joined up as far as LCFC are concerned.  Puel will discover this in a few weeks time.

Puel only needs to look round the training ground to work that one out. If he's not worked it out by now we could be hip deep in shite by the end of January.

52 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

In an Iborra interview he was saying how much Ulloa had helped him settling in as they have both played in Spain and both speak Spanish. He also said their kids go to school together and they hang around together . So perhaps that was just one of the many reasons he got a new contract . Slimani looking to leave , club felt he was owed a new contract for past endeavours , happy to be a squad player , whilst helping a player settle in . I’d be happy to see him gone personally as I don’t think he’s up to scratch any longer and replaced with a better option  but he has  not been a bad signing for us really 

Surely we dont owe him anything tho, he is paid loads. I dont think Okazaki got a new contract and he played every game in the title winning season.

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

Can anyone come up with a logical explanation for why Ulloa was given a new contract?

This question is asked over and over again, it feels like groundhog day. It's pretty simple in my mind.

After we won the league he was promised a new contract as part of his reward for playing a important role all the other players who played as much as a part as Ulloa got one king, schlupp etc.

Then Claudio broke the club's promise and refused him one and then to make matters worse refused to sell him which upset leo but much more importantly upset the whole squad. Who saw a popular member of the squad being treated very badly (in their eyes).  So as soon a Claudio was out  the door the club looked to honour their promise and appease the players.

This is mainly educated guess work but I did here birtchy mention promises being broken when asked about it on the bootroom.

26 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Surely we dont owe him anything tho, he is paid loads. I dont think Okazaki got a new contract and he played every game in the title winning season.

I totally agree , add to that the fact he said he’d never play for us again I think we owe him nothing,  we are showing loyalty to someone that didn’t really show us any if all the reports are to be believed. I am just guessing that there was more than one reason for his new contract and we are not party to any them reasons . 

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

This is closer to the truth I think. I think there may be "personal reasons" related to the compassionate leave he had at the end of last season. So it may be a heart ruling the head decision from the owners but it's their money I suppos.

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

The reason was the club were actively trying to sell Slimani in the summer and thought they could get a deal done. Slimani didn't particularly want to leave and they couldn't agree a fee.

His agent is trying to sort something out, could go in Jan if it's a quiet Dec for Slim.

I've probably guessed this was the case and I've said that before on here. The ideal situation was to sell Slimani and keep Ulloa as a low cost alternative.

One thing for sure is our striker situation is a mess. All things considered we were in a far better situation when we won the title and our options were thin on the ground with just Vardy, Okazaki and Ulloa.

£70m squandered on Slimani, Iheanacho and Musa. :(

2 hours ago, ZeGuy said:

So sell Slim and keep Ulloa? Should I laugh or cry?

If they wanted to sell him to a chinese club then I can understand why he didn't want to move. I insist, the club is making a mistake by selling him. If he lands in any PL club which plays to his strenghts, we'll live to regret it.

It doesn't matter, he's 30 in six months and we'll never get our money's worth out of him. I think Slimani would be a good player in the right team but if we can get a £20m offer for him we should sell and cut our losses.

1 hour ago, The whole world smiles said:

This question is asked over and over again, it feels like groundhog day. It's pretty simple in my mind.

After we won the league he was promised a new contract as part of his reward for playing a important role all the other players who played as much as a part as Ulloa got one king, schlupp etc.

Then Claudio broke the club's promise and refused him one and then to make matters worse refused to sell him which upset leo but much more importantly upset the whole squad. Who saw a popular member of the squad being treated very badly (in their eyes).  So as soon a Claudio was out  the door the club looked to honour their promise and appease the players.

This is mainly educated guess work but I did here birtchy mention promises being broken when asked about it on the bootroom.

Would be my take on it also. The manager was being seen to honour promises and look after players in an attempt to foster the sort of team spirit Pearson did by looking after and being protective of his players. Same as the James contract.

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

I've probably guessed this was the case and I've said that before on here. The ideal situation was to sell Slimani and keep Ulloa as a low cost alternative.

One thing for sure is our striker situation is a mess. All things considered we were in a far better situation when we won the title and our options were thin on the ground with just Vardy, Okazaki and Ulloa.

£70m squandered on Slimani, Iheanacho and Musa. :(

For the love of god, what's the point of keeping him when we already have Nacho, Musa and Slim who are better than him by a fvcking mile? He's no alternative and won't ever play again. He's crap and a dead weight now. Puel would rather bring on Musa than Ulloa and wants to get rid. With this new contract there is no idiot who will want to buy him.

I read that it was to keep an old "promise". If true, it's the most absurd decision that has been taken at this level. As if football was ruled by sentiment. He went on rampage because he didn't play under Ranieri 2.0 but is now pretty comfortable with not even making it to the bench. Fck that.

And you're writing Nacho off way too soon. Not that you're the only one either. We bought strikers (9s not 10s) as alternative to Vardy, yet never have had the balls to rotate when necessary and give the new strikers a fair chance. Then put the blame on them and say they won't cut the mustard.

I hope it will change under Puel. He strikes me as tactically more astute than his predecessors and not so much bound to the players.

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

I think there may be "personal reasons" related to the compassionate leave he had at the end of last season. 

This was one of the things I thought of when I heard he'd signed a new deal. The club managed the situation delicately. Some things are more important than football.

13 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Love how we're willing to give Ulloa a new contract even if Slimani doesn't get sold, but when it comes to the Silva transfer we go super cautious and don't allow one to move before the other.

(Yes I'm still sour) 

Apples/oranges given the latter involved an up-front cost of £22million. 

It was odd when he first had a strop and requested to leave at the same moment, regretted saying anything but the club didn't react positively to it.

Despite being fine on the pitch, the club does sometimes shoot themselves in the foot here and there.

55 minutes ago, ZeGuy said:

For the love of god, what's the point of keeping him when we already have Nacho, Musa and Slim who are better than him by a fvcking mile? He's no alternative and won't ever play again. He's crap and a dead weight now. Puel would rather bring on Musa than Ulloa and wants to get rid. With this new contract there is no idiot who will want to buy him.

I read that it was to keep an old "promise". If true, it's the most absurd decision that has been taken at this level. As if football was ruled by sentiment. He went on rampage because he didn't play under Ranieri 2.0 but is now pretty comfortable with not even making it to the bench. Fck that.

And you're writing Nacho off way too soon. Not that you're the only one either. We bought strikers (9s not 10s) as alternative to Vardy, yet never have had the balls to rotate when necessary and give the new strikers a fair chance. Then put the blame on them and say they won't cut the mustard.

I hope it will change under Puel. He strikes me as tactically more astute than his predecessors and not so much bound to the players.

I've said this before on here. I think Shakey was impressed when we went 3-4-3 with Ulloa up top in the second half against Atletico Madrid when we gave them a few nervous moments after everyone thought the tie was as good as dead when they scored their away goal.

No one is saying Ulloa is better than Slimani but if we could sell Slimani for a good fee and keep Ulloa then he's a cut price replacement for Slimani to fulfil that big lump striker role. I totally see why the club gave Ulloa a new contract as we were hopeful of selling Slimani. Also Ulloa should still be able to command a reasonable fee from a Championship club in either January or next summer and we've gave ourselves room to do this by extending when he only had one year left on his contract last summer.

One thing is for sure is Puel needs to make a decision on his strikers before the next transfer window as we find ourselves top heavy and we've spent £70m for what looks like three reserves at the moment in Slimani, Iheanacho and Musa.

Basically we had a player who refused to play for us jan/feb time and we rewarded him by giving him a new contract. I could understand this if he was a first team regualar scoring goals but he isn't. Neither ulloa or slim are good enough at this level wed be better off trying to get rid in jan. Even if that means making a loss (which we will with slim) look elsewhere. Neither player does what you hope they would for the height they are - win headers and hold the ball up. 

10 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Basically we had a player who refused to play for us jan/feb time and we rewarded him by giving him a new contract. I could understand this if he was a first team regualar scoring goals but he isn't. Neither ulloa or slim are good enough at this level wed be better off trying to get rid in jan. Even if that means making a loss (which we will with slim) look elsewhere. Neither player does what you hope they would for the height they are - win headers and hold the ball up. 

I agree.... first touch of slim is not good enough for pl.  Illoa is what he is abd weve out grown him.

However... neither can go without a replacement. Vardy is 31 and his gane is speed. Iheana ho remains un proven... so we got just vardy and shinji.

1 hour ago, winteriscoming said:

Slim is more than good enough for the PL, anyone saying the contrary should take the big pile of shit off their eyes .

Archived