Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

2 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

It came about as Chelsea were trying to play hardball over the fee and they didn't have a leg to stand on. We stayed firm and got our fair price, great business practice. How about a big well done for Rudkin getting a great fee...

Well I agree with this as well.  Expect a mixed reaction on Saturday if DD features. 

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

It came about as Chelsea were trying to play hardball over the fee and they didn't have a leg to stand on. We stayed firm and got our fair price, great business practice. How about a big well done for Rudkin getting a great fee...

Not really. The rumour was £40m. I was happy with £40m, good bit of business.

We got £35m.

Not only that, apparently we were only going to spend £15m on Silva, now £35m for Drinkwater, £15m for Silva, yeah i'm happy with that good bit of buisness....

No, because apparently due to the deal going on later than though, Sporting added another £4m, £5m? On top of the £15m, although it ended up rumour to be £22m (more than £5m on top), so why was that extra premium not added onto Drinkwater's price? Because it was their fault as you say playing hardball over the fee meaning our price for Silva went up, if Chelsea didn't want to pay that :dunno:...Deal off.

How on earth is this Stinkwaters fault ?? 

This is one mans fault , the man man who has signed nothing but young lads to try sell later or useless overseas players , Rudkin is the greatest threat to the clubs stability and the owners are beginning to look clueless and unable to see how this muppet Rudkin is making a mess of things 

1 minute ago, GaelicFox said:

This is one mans fault , the man man who has signed nothing but young lads to try sell later or useless overseas players , Rudkin is the greatest threat to the clubs stability and the owners are beginning to look clueless and unable to see how this muppet Rudkin is making a mess of things 

You do realise Rudkin isn't a scout don't you??

29 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

That's an appalling business model to adhere to.

It was a simple question really which havent been answered conclusively, particularly when you consider the other players we were linked to with no like for like party close to being sold.

5 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

We were all crying out for us not to bend over like we apparently did with Kante (even though there was a release clause) we didn't and we recieved great money for Drinkwater let's not forget.

I'm with you  bigmicky plenty on here want us to get the best deal for the club, others just want us to get shafted pay top dollar. The intricacies of running a premier league football club must huge.  It often comes down to fine margins because A depends on B along with final payment  C and D. Shit happens all we can do is go through the correct channels to appeal.

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

A lot of people blaming FIFA or Drinkwater.

Maybe it was the greedy Portugese, knowing we were over a barrel and upping the price at the last minute, who delayed it beyond the deadline.

I still blame Ross Barkley :D

If he hadn't turned Chelsea down at the last minute, I wonder if they'd still have gone in for Drinky and this is all a knock on effect....

We've had a very good window.

This will get sorted on appeal.  There's absolutely no way (even taking into account its FIFA) that they would deny this over 14 seconds and for those

saying it doesnt matter if its 14 seconds or 14 minutes, it kind of does.  We began (and I believe completed) the document upload within the deadline but the upload process didnt end until after.

If we were 10 minutes past the deadline and only just starting the document process, fair enough.  The deadline isn't a time critical deadline so there should be some leeway, especially in a case as close as this.  It doesnt open a can of worms if FIFA allow it, quite the opposite in fact.  It would actually show FIFA to not be full of shit.

Just now, DatfoxesKid23 said:

rubbish decision making down fall is a exaggeration but he'll cost us points in his transfers

Show me a single shred of proof that Rudkin is involved in transfers. There is none. 

By your logic the man who signed Kante, Maguire, N'Didi, Okazaki and Iheanacho will be our downfall. It's crazy. 

12 minutes ago, GaelicFox said:

Good point, totally agree, it's a complete mess.

We are just starting our 4th year in a row in the top flight after crusing the championship and we have only won the premier league once and failed to make the semi finals of the champions league yet again.

People need to be held responsible for this. Absolute joke. 

18 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Rules are rules, but there should also be a bit of common sense in things like this. No one's going to die or get injured and part of FIFA's aim is to promote the game of football. Well they're not going to promote the game of football by potentially penalising a player by preventing him from playing in one of their competitions although he has done nothing wrong. 

Exactly and that's why a fine or something similar in this instance makes more sense than negating the entire signing until January

6 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

If you miss a train by 14 seconds do you still get on it......

No, because the train has gone. But here we are talking about the football season which is still here and continuing. It's a completely inappropriate analogy.

I see your point that rules are rules, but you always have to ask what are the rules for and how should they be interpreted. LCFC have not tried to gain an unfair advantage by inadvertently missing a deadline by a few seconds, and I'm sure the rules weren't put in place in order to deny an innocent player time on the pitch. It is also interesting to wonder why there should be a difference in eligibility simply because it is a transfer between nations.

Archived