Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

Just now, Soundman said:

Surely If DD was done after silva then his would get rejected to. Or is it the process after the deals done? 

Maybe they decided to pop some champagne 

Apparently because Drinkwater is English he didn't require FIFA approval. Still something suspicious about all of this to me.

This is a total shambles. Even if we win the appeal we have made a complete and utter mess of this and made ourselves look pretty stupid.

I simply cannot understand why we couldn't get the paperwork in on time. We've had months to get our transfer business done and left it to the very last minute. It was obvious Drinkwater would leave once Chelsea showed a serious intent.

We clearly have no proper planning in place , no contingency ideas for this type of thing and people in charge who appear to be utterly incompetent.

Whatever the outcome of the appeal the responsibility for this mess must lie with Rudkin and he should resign immediately.

The club do not come out of this with any pluses.

Pathetic.

I actually agree with FIFA aswell, rules are rules, deadlines are there for a reason and lines need drawing, 1 second or 14 seconds, as petty as that is.

If it was another clubs i'd be pointing and laughing, saying rules and rules, deadlines are there for a reason so i'm not gonna change that just because it's us (Apart from i'm not pointing and laughing).

Heads need to roll in our transfer department.

Not just because of this, because our history regards transfers, we are pathetic, I imagine League One clubs have a better department that us.

This isn't just Rudkin i'm aiming at, i'm not even sure I am aiming it at him, i'm aiming it at the department, the 'team', there needs to be an internal investigation, it's not just signings on the pitch that are needed but I think things need replacing off it aswell.

I was saying all the above before this, so it's not just a kneejerk reaction to this, the whole department, 'team', transfer system, policy, however you want to word it needs upgrading, improving, replacing.

Laughing, Stock.

Amazing how many transfer experts we seem to have on this forum. I'd love to know how they all have the inside track, heads must roll they say, just pay the £22 million upfront. I'm glad non of you have anything to do with the club, we would be in ruins. It's laughable.

What a mess. Months of transfer window and it is still panic season at the very last minute. Should have said no to Chelsea and DD, if there was just a little doubt if we could get Silva in, and there must have been some doubt. Very harsh lessons learned and the infrastructure at the club simply have to learn from this and improve.

Well Matty James will at least get a proper chance to show what he can do at this level and I frickin hope Iborra adapt well and quickly. 

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

It's a better option than spunking the money and then not selling. 

Even though people have the opinion Silva could (Unproven at the moment) be better than the player we're selling?

We signed Iheanacho without selling anyone because he's thought to be an upgrade on what we have.

Just now, Matt said:

Even though people have the opinion Silva could (Unproven at the moment) be better than the player we're selling?

That's irrelevant, if you are looking to safeguard the future of the club, you don't go chucking the cash around. What would we have done with the midfielders we already have if Drinkwater hadn't signed and Silva did. How would we have kept them all happy. A lot of you are forgetting about Iborra..

Just now, BigMicky said:

That's irrelevant, if you are looking to safeguard the future of the club, you don't go chucking the cash around. What would we have done with the midfielders we already have if Drinkwater hadn't signed and Silva did. How would we have kept them all happy. A lot of you are forgetting about Iborra..

get off here with your sensible posts - people are having a well deserved melt down !!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, chicagofox said:

Can people please stop with the whole, "If it was Real Madrid or Man United, etc. this wouldn't have happened".

Because it did happen.  It happened when the paperwork for David De Gea's move from Manchester United to Real Madrid did not go through before the deadline.

A deadline is a deadline.  There is no pedantry involved.  There is no conspiracy involved.

They in the blame everyone but LCFC fairytale.

Archived