Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

The fact is, we deadline was missed. Maybe there should be a period of grace or leeway but seemingly there isn't. 

We need to tough it out, keep the player involved in the squad, if we can get him to play in non-competitive games and then use him from January. Our other midfielders need to step up until then.

Most importantly, learn from this. Try and get deals done early, it's preferable to have too many players than not enough.

1 hour ago, walkerleeds said:

Rules are rules, but this isn't like any other industry is it? This is a corrupt, multi billion pound industry and a marquee signing should be allowed to go through given we are literally talking about seconds here.

Heads do need to roll for leaving it so late,  but that shouldn't deny us and the player in my opinion. 

Ohh I agree. It's absolutely ludicrous because it is literally seconds which seem very harsh from our point of view. 

3 minutes ago, Corky said:

The fact is, we deadline was missed. Maybe there should be a period of grace or leeway but seemingly there isn't. 

We need to tough it out, keep the player involved in the squad, if we can get him to play in non-competitive games and then use him from January. Our other midfielders need to step up until then.

Most importantly, learn from this. Try and get deals done early, it's preferable to have too many players than not enough.

There was a grace period. 2 hours. 

ok, so everybody's getting in a big tizzy over much ado about nowt. I've watched enough courtroom dramas to know what legal loopholes apply in this situation, and frankly it's not complicated.

Outside the transfer window it is not possible to sign a player - unless they are a free agent. Ergo, we release silva from his contract, then sign him up 10 minutes later as the jammiest of free agent deals. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Job done and FIFA well and truly played.

2 minutes ago, winchesterton said:

ok, so everybody's getting in a big tizzy over much ado about nowt. I've watched enough courtroom dramas to know what legal loopholes apply in this situation, and frankly it's not complicated.

Outside the transfer window it is not possible to sign a player - unless they are a free agent. Ergo, we release silva from his contract, then sign him up 10 minutes later as the jammiest of free agent deals. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Job done and FIFA well and truly played.

Hope it'll be that easy but can't see it lol

13 minutes ago, Callabinho said:

It's embarrassing on both parts.... reading the mercs latest report, it's a complete no go? If it doesn't get granted we don't want he transfer!

appauling it really is, we've really embarrassed ourselves with this one. Cockwambles, absolute cockwambles. 

I think this is a bit of brinksmanship by us. If we pretend we don't want the

transfer to go through unless Silva is available straight away then Sporting 

will also be putting pressure on FIFA to let this go.

16 minutes ago, murphy said:

A good argument FOR Brexit I'd say.

Fckin Europe and their corrupt over-bloated intransigient institutions.

Technically speaking, FIFA are based in Switzerland. Which is only geographically a part of Europe, not politically... :ph34r:

Just now, winchesterton said:

First of all others have said that this isn't possible as the player needs to be a free agent before the end of the transfer window. But in any case, what happens if, having been made a free agent, Silva says "Fock you, I'm a free agent, I can sell myself to the highest bidder in Jan, and pocket a fortune". Doubt whether lawyers would permit this possibility.

4 minutes ago, winchesterton said:

You have to be a free agent while the window was open to be signed as a free agent when the window shuts 

Just now, WigstonWanderer said:

First of all others have said that this isn't possible as the player needs to be a free agent before the end of the transfer window. But in any case, what happens if, having been made a free agent, Silva says "Fock you, I'm a free agent, I can sell myself to the highest bidder in Jan, and pocket a fortune". Doubt whether lawyers would permit this possibility.

I gotta stop going to work, i can't keep up with all the FT postings.

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interesting thing about transfer windows is that they are set by the individual leagues rather than FIFA themselves. So why does FIFA have the power to stop the deal? Surely if you let the leagues decide the days, then registering players is their decision. It's not a drop dead date for every league.

Was thinking this myself

6 minutes ago, winchesterton said:

There are limits. Free agents can be signed until the end of the January transfer window.

He should coach the academy midfielders prior to January, should the club's appeal be unsuccessful, to learn from his knowledge;  in order to improve their game and increase their chances of potential future first-team opportunities, and also the potential chance of becoming regular players for their respective countries.

20 minutes ago, Corky said:

There is, it's the two hours extra we applied for and were granted. Had we been 14 seconds into the 2 hour panic grace time then it'd be fine but our shambles couldn't get it done in time, got given 2 hours extra and STILL couldn't hand it in on time. 

Jokes. 

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interesting thing about transfer windows is that they are set by the individual leagues rather than FIFA themselves. So why does FIFA have the power to stop the deal? Surely if you let the leagues decide the days, then registering players is their decision. It's not a drop dead date for every league.

Very good point.

The only thing I will add is though is that FIFA say the transfer window can only be open for a set amount of period 

Could be wrong but I think it's set at something daft like 60 days is the maximum 

Archived