Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

Adrien Silva - Terms Agreed

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

No, because the train has gone. But here we are talking about the football season which is still here and continuing. It's a completely inappropriate analogy.

I see your point that rules are rules, but you always have to ask what are the rules for and how should they be interpreted. LCFC have not tried to gain an unfair advantage by inadvertently missing a deadline by a few seconds, and I'm sure the rules weren't put in place in order to deny an innocent player time on the pitch. It is also interesting to wonder why there should be a difference in eligibility simply because it is a transfer between nations.

It's relevant, the train is making the journey, much the same as the season continues. What happens if other clubs missed the deadline by 15 seconds?

1 minute ago, BigMicky said:

It's relevant, the train is making the journey, much the same as the season continues. What happens if other clubs missed the deadline by 15 seconds?

Chelsea missed the deadline by 2 hours.

FIFA's involvement is simply matching up the documents from the two clubs involved - the FA documentation was time stamped 14 seconds late so FIFA couldn't accept it according to their rules.  The issue is not when the documentation is submitted to FIFA it is when it was submitted to the FA .

21 minutes ago, BigMicky said:

If you miss a train by 14 seconds do you still get on it......

But a train also depart halfway through me boarding it. If i started boarding before departure, but hadn't completed it, it wouldn't leave with my right leg in the train and my left leg hanging out of the door.

2 minutes ago, KingGTF said:

But a train also depart halfway through me boarding it. If i started boarding before departure, but hadn't completed it, it wouldn't leave with my right leg in the train and my left leg hanging out of the door.

Injury lawyers 4 u.

Just now, BigMicky said:

The extended deadline? 

Exactly. How can you be so draconian about something that is malleable? 

When your car parking ticket goes over, you get a, period of Grace before they ticket you (or supposed to). If you exceed the speed limit, you usually aren't going to be fined if it's only a couple of mph. How many shops close with customers still in the store after closing time?

It's simple pedantry.

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Not really. The rumour was £40m. I was happy with £40m, good bit of business.

We got £35m.

Not only that, apparently we were only going to spend £15m on Silva, now £35m for Drinkwater, £15m for Silva, yeah i'm happy with that good bit of buisness....

No, because apparently due to the deal going on later than though, Sporting added another £4m, £5m? On top of the £15m, although it ended up rumour to be £22m (more than £5m on top), so why was that extra premium not added onto Drinkwater's price? Because it was their fault as you say playing hardball over the fee meaning our price for Silva went up, if Chelsea didn't want to pay that :dunno:...Deal off.

I was more than happy with the Drinkwater fee, it's more than likely his career peak value. Considering how poor he's been for nine months as well it was fantastic business.

I don't know what went on with the Silva fee but if they did add on another £5m this late on we should have withdrawn from the transfer. People panic about our midfield options and equating Silva to survival. lol

We bought Iborra for £12m this summer, we have James, King and Amartey as well so there's four potential partners for Ndidi. Our options aren't as bad as people make out. I would stll have sold Drinkwater for £35m with or without the Silva deal.

It's embarrassing on both parts.... reading the mercs latest report, it's a complete no go? If it doesn't get granted we don't want he transfer!

appauling it really is, we've really embarrassed ourselves with this one. Cockwambles, absolute cockwambles. 

6 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Exactly. How can you be so draconian about something that is malleable? 

When your car parking ticket goes over, you get a, period of Grace before they ticket you (or supposed to). If you exceed the speed limit, you usually aren't going to be fined if it's only a couple of mph. How many shops close with customers still in the store after closing time?

It's simple pedantry.

Shops don't let you in after they have locked the doors.

I've got no sympathy for the club to be honest. They'd already been given a two hour extension and still cocked it up.

The only party I have sympathy for is the player who now appears to be stuck in limbo land.

It's just rank incompetence and has turned what looked like an ok transfer window into a bad one. 

Just now, BigMicky said:

Shops don't let you in after they have locked the doors.

But if you're still in the checkout queue they don't chuck you out dead on closing time either.

This is a man's career we're talking about. We may find out we're not obligated to buy him either in the coming days and he may lose out on millions if he never gets his move all for a few seconds that don't inflict hardship on anybody apart from those affected by the transfer. It's not like Leicester have tried to gain an advantage so common sense should prevail as it looks terrible on FIFA vilifying a player because rules are rules.

Archived